X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

How much?

The thread about DST's and ECME's exclusive Khan made me wonder something. Suppose Hasbro gets the green light from both DC and Marvel to bring the WGSH megos back. Same characters, same 8" high, same materials, same accessories, same packaging, everything. And yes, they add new figures like Flash, Green Lantern and Dr. Doom. There are no exclusives and all the characters - both old and new - are packaged evenly. Wal-mart, Target, Meijer's, etc, all carry them. How much do you think they would be? I doubt they would be $2.97 like they were in 1978. Would you still buy them if they were $9.99 or $11.99 or even $14.99 (famous covers anyone)? I'm just curious.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH
  • Action Martin
    Apeonaut
    • Dec 30, 2007

I'd probably go $9.99 for them.
    Scott

Comment

• jayihdz
      aaaggghhhh!
      • Mar 6, 2007

I will go as much as 12.99.

Comment

• Hotfoot
        Dazed and Confused
        • Dec 30, 2007

10 bucks would be good. The Trek figures at 18-19 bucks are getting to be too expensive. I bought the first 4 (Impulse) and debating about McCoy and Romulan. Probably will discontinue my purchases because of cost!
        Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

10 bucks sounds good but with the Marvel Legends figures commanding $9.99 at Wal-Mart, I bet they'd be higher....
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

I'd like to see them at tops $14.99 considering there are the figures that Mego didn't make. I doubt I'd re-buy all the WGSH line. Re-hashing Megos that's already out there is growing a bit old.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
              GL of Mego Sector
              • Oct 8, 2007

I would gladly pay 15-20 for them for the most part you can't touch any condition WGSH figs for that much. I might be in a minority on this but I have been building figures out of beat up old ones. Even with the help of Doc Mego and CTVT trying to put together a mostly repro fig is expensive and hard to do at that. So I would welcome the chance to get them all new and and in new boxes with out having to hunt down the parts. Not that I would turn down the chance to get them at 10 bucks mind you. I just don't think that would happen. I mean DC Direct figs go for 15. marvel legends go for at least 10 so I would totally pay more for these. Just my opinion.
              No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I'm guessing they'd probably sell for $19.99- $24.99 apiece....

Then they'd get marked down to about $9.99 after about 9 months in places like Walmart.

I'd eventually get some, but not till they hit rock bottom markdown

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

I would like to think that $10.00 each would be a sufficient price to pay for said figures. As a collector I would no doubt pay a bit more perhaps for my special wants and the level of detailing of the figure. However, I was just thinking of the kiddies sake. These days I see more grown ups shopping in the toy departments than kids. And No they are not all always shopping for their kids either. Most are collectors like us and a lot are shopping to stock up their eBay stores. I know because I have spoke with some of them. At $10.00 a pop I would believe that the company that mass produces them and the distributors and or stores that sell them could still get dirty filthy stinking rich or at least make a sufficient amount of money on them to make a pretty decent profit. Of course to hear the companies/stores explain this would be a totally different story I am sure. They always sound like they are going under all of the time until they post a huge profit at the end of the year kind of like Exxon just as an example. As far as it pertains to figures in reality a little dab of plastic imported from China does not cost a whole lot of money once the figure reaches mass production after the molds and designs are made. The majority of the profits goes to the CEO's and want to be big wigs.
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 20, 2002

Heh, it's kind of funny how now, after CTVT and EMCE, we are starting to think $15 too high for a reproduction figure. There was a day, only a couple years ago that a complete repro figure with no packaging sold for $50 easy and was considered a decent deal when you added up the cost of the parts. The cry used to be for a Romulan that didn't cost $350. Now that one is here for $15-$18, it's too much.

This isn't a rip or rag on anyone, it's just an observation on how quickly things change.

Back to the original question, I'm thinking they would cost $14.99. I can't imagine they'd be cheaper with all the accessories that have to be tooled, but perhaps. Would I buy them? I'd have to, I would need to update all the accessory check pages, so I wouldn't have much choice.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

I'd Buy them all.
                      I must . But have No Interest in Isis. Never DID. & Would Buy Muiltiples of the Ones I had as a Kid.
                      I would Hope that Captain America came with some Oven Mitts, & a set of Red Andorian Boots. It would make sence.
                      Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb 13, '08, 9:30 PM.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                        Heh, it's kind of funny how now, after CTVT and EMCE, we are starting to think $15 too high for a reproduction figure. There was a day, only a couple years ago that a complete repro figure with no packaging sold for $50 easy and was considered a decent deal when you added up the cost of the parts. The cry used to be for a Romulan that didn't cost $350. Now that one is here for $15-$18, it's too much.

This isn't a rip or rag on anyone, it's just an observation on how quickly things change.
                        That was my point Dave. People were fussing that a new Mego figure (Khan - as an exclusive) might cost $20 when it's realeased. I mean it's a brand new figure. Not even a repro of an existing figure. I just found it ironic.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Dave Mc

Back to the original question, I'm thinking they would cost $14.99. I can't imagine they'd be cheaper with all the accessories that have to be tooled, but perhaps. Would I buy them? I'd have to, I would need to update all the accessory check pages, so I wouldn't have much choice.
                          I agree - thoughts have changed on what is perceived as a good deal. I too remember all of the Secret ID repros going for 45 - 50 on ebay. If anyone thinks that a line like this would be priced below $19.99 is a bit of a dreamer. As stated Legends and DC Direct are simpler and smaller and already cost $15. To say you would pay $10 is fair but to say that is where acompany should price them doesn't make sense.

T1K is prob about right on pricing (including the 9 mo markdown)

Comment

• batmanmc
                            mego batman collector
                            • Jun 22, 2004

if emce and daimond could do it for 17.99 retail i would doubt hasbro would be higher i would think cheper by a dollar or so so i would say 15.99 tops. again just a guess. mike

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

i'd say between 14.99 to 19.99

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡