Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

I found out that my kid needed a few pokemons to complete some sort of sreies of pokemons, apparently they are divided by elements. Wind, Fire, etc. My kid need 4 of these cards that are maybe worth a total of 2 dollars combined. Appaently my kid over heard my wife talking on the phone to a friend that I was waisting money collecting dolls. He thought that since my Joker was not on display and was missing 1 shoe that he could trade it for the cards. I have since talked to the parents of the kid involved in the trade. They gave me back the Joker, and my son is going to work rakeing some leaves for an hour to pay for the cards. There son is also going to help with rakeing the leaves. Everything worked out in the end and we both get our lawns raked up. I also talked to my wife and showed her some adds on E Bay as to how valueable some of thes Megos can be. Now she thinks I am insane for collecting these instead of buying a better 2nd car for me. I currently drive a 1997 Chrysler Intrepid with 289,000 km's on it to work. The car runs fine so why change it. My wife owns a 2009 KIA Rondo, and the 81 Camaro is for parades, car shows etc.

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Relic
      Now she thinks I am insane for collecting these instead of buying a better 2nd car for me. I currently drive a 1997 Chrysler Intrepid with 289,000 km's on it to work. The car runs fine so why change it.
      Sell the collection, get a car and then hold it over her head EVERY DAY and with the time that you would have spent on MEGO sites you can now spend on Ashley Madison.com.
      Last edited by Chris; Nov 4, '12, 11:10 AM.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

No child has access to my toys.
        I have everything surrounded by bear traps...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Man, you gotta keep the collecting costs on the DL lol.

NEVER justify it by cross-referencing evilbay. Just remeber to be fair in letting your partner enjoy a hobby as well.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mikeMc6
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 24, 2012

I think we have a case of a VERY nice new mego collector and the community needs to help this guy in his use of mego stealth. In fact, relic, you sound like me only a year ago. Follow previous post advice... never say how much your collection is worth... Too late for that but keep your family off this website too!!!! You don't want your niceness and forthrightness to be used as ammunition against you. I collect this stuff aggressively and luckily my wife knows its what i like, makes a little income when i sell doubles, and she knows I'm at not at the bar, gambling or leering at the latest reality goof on the internet. Good luck with that, Relic and stay forthright (to a degree)

Mego collectors who are bachelors, childless or have clueless partners are probably laughing at all this thread....
            INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
            WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Relic
              They gave me back the Joker, and my son is going to work rakeing some leaves for an hour to pay for the cards. There son is also going to help with rakeing the leaves. Everything worked out in the end and we both get our lawns raked up. I also talked to my wife and showed her some adds on E Bay as to how valueable some of thes Megos can be. Now she thinks I am insane for collecting these instead of buying a better 2nd car for me. I currently drive a 1997 Chrysler Intrepid with 289,000 km's on it to work. The car runs fine so why change it. My wife owns a 2009 KIA Rondo, and the 81 Camaro is for parades, car shows etc.
              That's good to teaching your son with your rules, glad you got your Joker back... too bad, he's missing one shoe..... Can their Parents to keep finding his shoe in their son's room for you? I hope so!!

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              No child has access to my toys.
              I have everything surrounded by bear traps...
              LOL Yeah, last 7 years ago my 2 little nephews came over and looked at my private Toys Collection and I saw them touched them, I told them that's very rare vintage toys and expensive. I told them not go into my private room again.....

Later on my another nephew came over and looked at them again, I shut the door and locked. So, they can't trying to open the door.

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
              what you need to really do is to get him collecting mego museum cards instead
              Good idea, that might helps.

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              He Needs Discipline ... Trading a Mego for Frick'in Pokeman Cards ?
              Get The **** Outta Here... Come On Man.
              LOL When I was kid, I never trade my Mego for any cheap toys and other stuff.

Last edited by Mr Mego; Nov 4, '12, 5:41 PM. Reason: Computer system frozen up
              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎