• scoth70
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 17, 2008

every one knows a dave and welcome aboard dave

Comment

• greensavage2000
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks for the welcome guys.The friend I mentioned in my post is named Dave. So even a Dave knows a Dave

Comment

• Shawn333
          • Nov 22, 2013

Hello, my name is Shawn and I will be turning 38 in January. I have been collecting old toys and things from my childhood for awhile, but am just now getting back into Megos. Megos were some of my first toys that I remember, especially the classic Hulk and Spider-Man figures. I had a few more of the main heroes, including Superman, Batman, Robin, Captain America, and Aquaman, as well as the badly out-numbered villains, the Joker and the Lizard. Sadly, I was pretty rough with those guys and I have no idea what became of them. They were likely tossed or given away. My dad was a serious comic-book collector and inspired me to collect and take care of things when I was older. I still have his old comics from the 60s-70s as well as what we collected together through the 80s. I have a near complete collection of Kenner Star Wars figures, as well as a nice number of G.I. Joe (ARAH 3 3/4) and original TMNT figures from my childhood. At some point, I started feeling too old to keep getting toys and packed them all away and didn't look back too much for many years until I had a couple of kids of my own.

Going hunting for comics and toys was a fun bonding experience between me and my dad and I continued that idea with my own kids. Me and my son have amassed a nice vinyl Godzilla collection, while me and my girl have a sweet collection of Marvel Universe figs. After my dad passed away a few years ago, I started displaying my old stuff that me and him hunted down back in the late 70s through the 80s. AND I started adding a little to the collections just for myself, as well as building a Hulk-centered collection, as he was my favorite comic-book character. Finally, I realized that you can't have a Hulk collection without the Mego Hulks, especially since the 8 inch was one of my all-time favorite things as a kid. After getting a nice figure from Ebay, I then had to have Spider-Man....and then Batman...and well, now here I am, trying to learn about this specific toy and some of the cool modern similar lines!

Comment

• Red Hulk
            Career Member
            • Dec 19, 2012

Welcome Shawn333 I this is a pretty great forum,Nice avatar always cool to have another Hulk aboard.

Comment

• Shawn333
              • Nov 22, 2013

Thanks for the welcome! My first post is sandwiched between a Green Savage and a Red Hulk! I think I'm in the right place.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Nice to have you Shawn!
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Sorry, this introduction is long over due.
                  , my name is Dino, and I've been a Mego fan since I received for X-Mas the first WGSH Superman and RC Batman. While I no longer have any of my original Megos from my childhood, my love for these dolls has not diminished over the years.
                  Back in '09 when I first joined up here at the good old MM, I wanted to sculpt custom heads. Everything seemed to be moving along just fine until I realized my sculpts were too big. Even worse, I stressed out my wrist in the process. It took a couple years, but the wrist healed greatly.
                  My second attempt at sculpting custom Mego heads came out way closer to the 1/9th scale. My next challenge came in molding and casting. I had been avoiding this for many years, due to the high cost of materials and fear of waste through the learning process. One friend hooked me up with another to teach me the fundamentals. I was looking for someone to farm the work out to, but my instructor wanted me to learn to do it myself. He was right. Even better, my waste of materials has been so small compared to my successes. More over, I didn't want to ruin my reputation by selling inferior castings in an effort to recoup the cost of materials.
                  I have farmed out ebay sales and shipping to my younger brother "Darin". Darin joined me in learning molding and casting. He has, without a doubt, been invaluable in this venture. While his first love is original Kenner Star Wars, he had and played with many WGSH growing up. I'm happy to be working with Darin. His integrity is to be admired.
                  I also very happy to be a member of this fine forum. While I will not advise critiquing the work of others here, I do ask that members feel free to critique my work. Improvements and good ideas come with communication.

Comment

• Red Hulk
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 19, 2012

Welcome dr cyclops.

Comment

• Mego MkIV
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 9, 2013

Welcome Shawn333 and dr cyclops.

Comment

• Brave Ulysses
                        • Jul 7, 2013

Hello my name is J.R. I've been lurking for some time and decided to make an intro.My 1st Mego was Shazam I had a few others as well they didn't survive.My main toy focus is Shogun Warriors they're pricey but I love em.

Comment

• Pman83
                          • Dec 22, 2013

Hello all,
                          My name is Chris and I am still reliving my childhood. I have been collecting toys from the late 60's and 70's.
                          I wanted to learn and gain a little knowledge on collecting MEGO. I had Batman, Robin, Joker, Planet of The Apes, and Action Jackson as a kid. I was watching
                          Netflix and there was a show called Comic Book Men. One episode in particular they had a person bring in a box of MEGOS. That kinda sparked
                          my interest in MEGO again. I just want to introduce myself and say thanks for having me.
                          Chris

Comment

• Brave Ulysses
                            • Jul 7, 2013

Welcome Pman83.

Comment

• madcap
                              • Jan 13, 2014

Hi everybody! I'm madcap, I'll be 27 very soon and I collect mego since a few years. I've been collecting a huge variety of toys but mego wgsh is special to me as a hardcore comics fan. I live in France in a little town called armentieres, nothing great to say about that except this town appears in the three musketeers novel.
                              So I hope to know most of you mesdames et messieurs, and I hope to know some more about my favorites toys brand!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Bonjour!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡