X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artistix
    • Apr 9, 2012

Hi folks! Sam from Australia here.

I have been a big fan of the Mego style for the last few years. Have spent much time here at the Mego Museum.

I actually found the forums while hunting for new info about Star Trek's Nurse Chapel release date...only to see she is cancelled. Devastating.

Was also looking for info about the Dark Shadows line, though that seems to be done as well. Entertainment Earth list Barnabas as coming in a few months, so maybe they are still working on things?

I'm sure this is an old discussion for everyone here, I just need to get the 'newb' questions out of the way.

Anyway, great to be here!

Comment

• KIKIDUC
      • Apr 20, 2012

Hello, my name is KIKIDUC, I'm French and I collect dolls MEGO, ACTION JOE (the French GI Joe) and MARVEL comics and toys. I am the administrator of the french forum dedicated to toys MEGO : http://megocorp.xooit.fr/index.php. In France, there are many collectors of toys but very few that do collect dolls MEGO. To this day, I happened to come on your forum and on the SITE MEGOMUSEUM to learn something about the MEGO. I finally decided to pick me up as a member.
      Last edited by KIKIDUC; Apr 23, '12, 3:28 AM.

MEGO CORP :: Forum de discussion et de partage entre collectionneurs de jouets MEGO

Comment

• wilbs518
        Mego Collector
        • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard, everyone.
        sigpic

Comment

• icemansubzero
          • Apr 21, 2012

Hi their my name is Brian and the reason why i came on here is because i have obtained the 1979-1980 mego lastic mickey mouse. I have looked online and apparently there is only around 5 in existence. Can anyone tell me a little bit about this and possibly the value.
          Many thanks.
          Brian

Comment

• FIREBOT
            • May 11, 2012

Hi...

I'm Ed, I'm 43... Grew up with Mego Superheroes, Star Trek, and Apes. I have a modest collection of very good loose figs, but frequent trips to Japan for business have me creeping into Popy territory lately. I'm sampling a few of the new-skool Mego-types too. The ape is new.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
              Veteran Member
              • May 15, 2012

New poster on the site. I've been searching, and came across some fun posts here. Like many of the posts in this thread, I'm a child of the 70's. Not really a collector. But I managed to keep many of the toys from my childhood. I have mainly Star Wars, GI Joe, Lone Ranger, Evel Knievel, 6 Million dollar man, and a few Star Trek Mego's. My superhero Mego's were all well played with and didn't make it, I'm afraid. I've been slowly going through the collection and cleaning things up. I've found this a great place for advise on fixing things up. Thanks for having me on the forum! Paul

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Welcome to the forum. We are a friendly bunch and love to talk about toys (and everything else) from the 70s.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Superman/Darrel
                  • May 25, 2012

Hello all, New guy here.

The name is Darrel, I'm 43, Married 18 years, No kids but I'm a kid at hart.

I've been a comic book and action figure collector since I was 5. As you might be able to tell I'm a DC fan but Marvel is cool too. I'm also a BIG live action comic book movie fan. I have just about every comic book movie or TV shows that has been made in the US on DVD and a few from other countries. If it's based on a comic book and is live action, I've probably have it or seen it.

As for action figures, I like the 12" or 1/6 size figures. I have a small collection of 12" Megos, Superman, Batman & Robin, Captain America and a few other 12" figures that are not by mego like the Six Million Dollar Man 12" figure.

I just got my first Hot Toys figure, The Chris Reeve Superman, And I just ordered the 89 Hot Toys 89 Batman from Sideshow, Should get it next month after it's paid off.

Well That's enough rambling for now. I'll catch you guys later.

Hopefully a long time poster.
                  Superman/Darrel

Comment

• babycyclops
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 9, 2010

Welcome Myoldtoys and Darrel.

Comment

• osker55
                      Booyaaa
                      • Aug 8, 2011

WELCOME WELCOME NEW MEMBER happy to see more and more people joining this awesome website
                      Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                      AHI wolfman moc
                      Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                      Kresge moc WGSH
                      Other stuff to update

Comment

• MDCN
                        • May 25, 2012

New to the Mego Boards

What's up everybody? The name is MDCN and I'm new to the Mego boards but somewhat known through out the underground toy scene. I'm here for two reasons, I love all things toys and two I noticed these boards have a pretty vibrant Suckadelic community. I look forward to talking with everyone.

MDCN
                        MDCN
                        -I'm Suing MDNA for Trademark Infringement-

Comment

• mikeMc6
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 24, 2012

Hello everyone I joined a couple months ago and I am still wondering why I am so compelled to collect megos, specifically wgsh. Although I grew up during megos hey day as a child I never got into them. The only figure I got was Mr. Myx so that didn't help. I'm a picker on weekends and part of my mego interest is that they are some of the rarest vintage toys to pop up, so the snooty collector in me likes the thrill of the find. I once tried to explain to my wife that there is a certain ''joy'' that seems imbued in the wgsh line from the bright colored packaging to the benevolent faces of say batman that makes them enjoyable to play presently with my six and eight year old. I also somewhat obsessively collect things and boxed wgsh is a very finite 30 or so pieces that keeps me under control (like only collecting raymond carver early editions or blue note jazz records- also finite and snooty I admit). I also like the mixture of marvel and dc characters in one equal setting, quite egalitarian (right word?). Also, last year I had a dream I went to a yard sale and found a carded batgirl. The next day at my first sale I went to, no Batgirl or any action figures, but I asked the gentlemen if he had any cloth super hero figures and he came out of his house with a carded vintage Batgirl for $5! So now I consider megos sacred during my picks and I only sell or trade found megos for more megos or keep them permanently. Plus everyone here seems genuinely nice, quirks and all...
                          INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
                          WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Shane Turgeon
                            • Oct 9, 2011

Hey everyone, i'm sure i know many of you from my time in other hobbies, most notably Star Wars, but i thought i'd join up here as well. My name is Shane Turgeon and i've been collecting a variety of toys for 22 years now. I love a wide variety of Mego lines and have managed to score some great stuff over the years. I'm likely about to start traveling the world very soon and will definitely be looking out for international stuff on my journeys!

Comment

• VintageMike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2004

Welcome Shane, glad to see you here. I definitely remember you when I was regular poster on RS several years ago.

Comment

• BostonToyGuy
                                • Jul 4, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the boards, but have loved the Museum for a while. Part of the Boston Area Toy Collectors Club and have quite a few megos in my collection. Kid Flash being my favorite.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎