X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

A big ol' hearty "Welcome" to both of you fine folks! This is a great place to spend some time!!! Enjoy!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mightyq
      • Jan 22, 2012

hello everyone......

Hi people,
      My name is Marty, married with 3 kids, love the action figure world, always did, big into 1/6 scale also. huge into superman. collect statues also big time, bowen, sideshow, etc, i own over 160+ superman realted statues figures and bust"s....i have commissioned some nice one of a kind statues that i would like to share in the future. I have been lurking for a bit and am in awe of the many collections and talents on this forum. I love custom figures, seems like i came to the right place, well, i hope to interact with many of you over the years, i belong to at least 4 other forums, dedicated to statues and figures, very happy i found this one also.

Comment

• The4thDoctor
        Travelling thru time
        • Nov 2, 2011

Nice to meet you Marty..glad you found us...Why don't you post some pics for everyone??
        sigpic****WANT LIST-----WANT LIST***
        Denys Fisher Mego Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver acc
        Vintage Cheron
        Mego Spiderman right arm/hand
        SMDM right leg/pair socks
        Mego Green Goblin

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 14, 2012

Hello, my name is Captain Big Trousers and I have a toy problem.

I've been abstaining for, um... about three weeks now. It's difficult though because I'm in a room surrounded by old '70s toys - Action Man, Fighting Furies, Micronauts, Cyborgs, Matchbox, Dinky, Corgi...

Oh no, I just looked around the room again. Must... Fight... Urges.

(...but there's a hole in your collection...)

Nooo!

Okay, so yeah I'm trying to quit. Actually joining this forum with all you ENABLERS is probably a dumb idea.

We'll see how we go.
          Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Hello Mego- Heads!!!

Hello Fellow Mego-heads!

While I’m new to the forum – I’m not new to the Museum site not collecting Megos. I have been a mego head since I was about 5. I have been collecting them on and off (as money allows ) since than.

Now I enjoy displaying my collection & also making Custom figures.

I have had a dream – to have my collection 1 day displayed here at the museum and hope that happens.

Thanks
            Vinny
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Splitty
              Career Member
              • Jan 25, 2012

Heeeey, toy hoarder here!
              I collect a bit of everything, in fact my tastes are so wide I rarely get to finish any one section. However my favorite are monsters and weird things, which I'll yoink out of any toyline, no matter what it is.
              While I only have a few megos (which I love) I'm dying, literally dying, for the new retro Twilight Zone figures.

I'm a bit rusty, haven't posted regularly in a forum for quite awhile, and I never fit in anywhere, but that never stops me! I also like to throw pictures at everything.

Heads up!
              Last edited by Splitty; Jan 27, '12, 3:50 PM.
              I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Mongoose1983
                Career Member
                • May 14, 2010

Originally posted by Captain Big Trousers
                Hello, my name is Captain Big Trousers and I have a toy problem.

I've been abstaining for, um... about three weeks now. It's difficult though because I'm in a room surrounded by old '70s toys - Action Man, Fighting Furies, Micronauts, Cyborgs, Matchbox, Dinky, Corgi...
                HI Capn. Was wondering if you have any Fighting Furies parts for sale or trade?
                www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                  • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by Splitty
                  Heeeey, toy hoarder here!
                  I collect a bit of everything, in fact my tastes are so wide I rarely get to finish any one section. However my favorite are monsters and weird things, which I'll yoink out of any toyline, no matter what it is.
                  While I only have a few megos (which I love) I'm dying, literally dying, for the new retro Twilight Zone figures.

I'm a bit rusty, haven't posted regularly in a forum for quite awhile, and I never fit in anywhere, but that never stops me! I also like to throw pictures at everything.

Heads up!
                  Welcome! monsters and weird things, this, is the spice of life!!!!

Comment

• Splitty
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                    Welcome! monsters and weird things, this, is the spice of life!!!!
                    INDEED!!
                    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• zoomar
                      • Feb 5, 2012

OK - sorry for posting this out of order. I should have introduced myself before posting a sale.

Anyway, I grew up collecting all kinds of action figures.. many of which I probably couldn't even identify now. The main ones were Star Wars and GI Joe. I'm looking to downsize and get rid of some parts of my old collections. My brother posts here (and has sold some items on this board I believe) and suggested trying out these forums.

My music business and collections have been taking over for the last ten years or so. I just can't keep everything anymore... running out of room!

Comment

• danforthq
                        • Aug 14, 2011

My name is Dan, and I love toys!
                        Just saying hi to everybody.
                        I've been buying and selling Megos for about a year now so I could re-build a WGSH collection. First post to any forum anywhere!

Comment

• roukey
                          • Feb 9, 2012

Hiya, my name is Nigel and I'm from London UK, I had loats of Megos when I was a kid in the 70's, my favorite was the Space 1999 range, I have recently started collecting Megos or Mego-alikes again, I've not got many yet but time is young. The new Space 1999 figures are pretty crap and fall apart which is a shame, I did manage to get a Captain Koenig from ebay a few weeks ago, not boxed but in a really good condition. I think the new Doctor Who figures are good, I have a Tom Baker which is excellent, I also have Starsky and Hutch.

This is a brilliant site and I hope to learn more about Megos.

Now...............can anybody tell me where I can get some shoes for my S&H without paying crazy shipping prices from the USA to the UK?

Comment

• THE FALCON
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 2, 2011

Welcome to the board Roukey.

Comment

• Mego Man
                              • Mar 3, 2012

Hello to everybody from Australia...

Hi all, I've finally decided to join this forum. I've been reading through the threads for awhile now.

My background in collecting action figures goes way back to 1973 when I got the Lone Ranger, Tonto & Butch Cavendish for Xmas. I can still remember the excitement of ripping open the packaging that day...Those figures were much loved & played with. They were so well made.

Then I received Big Jim from my auntie a day later. The next year I got the Six Million Dollar Man & Maskatron. My first Mego figures were Batman, Robin, The Penguin, The Joker & The Riddler.

Throughout the years, I built up a good collection with additions like Muhammed Ali, GI Joe (In Australian army uniform), Planet of The Apes, Fighting Furies, Wizard of Oz & many from the Big Jim series.

There was a time when my mum was ready to give all of these away to "needy kids". Like Andy from Toy Story, I refused to part with them. It's only in the last year or so that I got them out of storage...much to the bemusement of my wife. I'm so glad that I kept them because I really have fond memories of that era as a kid.

I'm starting to collect them again now. I'm keen to get the Mego Retro figures. They look amazing.

I look forward to chatting with you all on the forum.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                                70's Era Pimp
                                • Sep 7, 2011

Welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡