X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

All funds go to the Kruger St Museum for hosting the event. It helps them out and we're fine by that. Not sure what you're trying to imply otherwise but renting a hall always costs money.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Regular admission is $9. This is only $11 more than that, for two days (a $2 premium over regular admission), and you have the entire museum to also enjoy. There are seminars, dealers, custom contests and an auction. Oh yeah, the price of admission also includes the entire family, which some find very cost efficient. I believe MegoCon cost $90 8 years ago, and there are more dealers at MegoMeet. I know I saw lots of vintage Trek figures, although many were loose. There is no guarantee that you will see every figure you want, bit the majority were well represented. Berto alone probably had half of what Mego produced at his table alone.

Did Isis have sandals? Gold paint on her leather parts? Were there head rubs on Koenig? Did you have original comlocks, belts, etc on Koenig? If not, you probably should have taken the deal. A beater Isis and a beater Koenig do not an Andorian make.

Sorry you found this event unsatisfying. You should have looked at the many years worth of pictures on the homepage to get an idea of what has been available in the prior years.

Welcome to the Mego Museum. I hope we can live up to your high standards.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Nice to see all these new fresh faces...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Greetings to one and all and wishes for a Happy Fourth of July from me in Jeffersonville, IN. Who am I? My name is Chris Weppler and I've been a Mego fan for many years (at least 42 of my 47, anyway). I joined the boards at the urging of a fellow, long-time member and look forward to engaging in many interesting and entertaining conversations with the lot of you!

Last edited by emeraldknight47; Jul 3, '11, 12:11 PM.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• wilbs518
            Mego Collector
            • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard!
            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by wilbs518
              Welcome aboard!
              Thanks, man!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Everyone. Chris (Emeraldknight47) is one of my dearest friends. We've been bro's since 1977. A dang fine year indeed.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
                  Everyone. Chris (Emeraldknight47) is one of my dearest friends. We've been bro's since 1977. A dang fine year indeed.
                  Yes---I remember it well. Ours is a relationship that all started, if memory serves, with A MAN CALLED NOVA and a big ol' tree and Crosby Middle School...

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                    Yes---I remember it well. Ours is a relationship that all started, if memory serves, with A MAN CALLED NOVA and a big ol' tree and Crosby Middle School...
                    And Mego didn't even make a Nova! Farkin'sarkin'$%#%&^#! Ah well... The wonderful custom world has remedied that for me today.

Comment

• Wecan Rebuildem
                      • Jul 4, 2011

New to the boards (found them today) but a longtime Mego enthusiast. Great site you guys have here.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Cool screen name, glad to have you.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wecan Rebuildem
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Glad to be here and yes, Steve Austin was a childhood idol. lol

Comment

• Jester
                            • Jul 3, 2011

Hello everyone. I just signed up here yesterday and was snooping around so I figured I would introduce myself. I'm friends with fellow member Jwiz154 and he recommended this site so I figured I would try it out. I don't currently collect Mego's but I do collect the DC and the Ghostbusters Retro lines (along with JLU). I did have a few Mego's as a kid growing up and they were some of my favorites. Lately I've been feeling the itch to possibly expand my collection into Mego's but only time will tell if I do or not.

Comment

• wilbs518
                              Mego Collector
                              • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome to the museum.
                              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Welcome home Wecan and Jester!

Comment