X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pierluisa
    • Oct 17, 2011

Hi from Italy

Hi everybody, I'm Pierluisa and I'm writing from Italy. I happen to be here because something quite interesting happened to me this Sunday. I was at my father in law's place and at one point he brought out a box of old toys he had kept from the time my husband was a kid and he meant to give to my 5 years old child. Among other things I noticed 3 Mego action figures, still in their blisters and unopened. these were from the time he worked for a toy store and brought home a few toys for his son: some of them he gave to him, some he kept for special occasions. Apparently he forgot these and they remained in the box...since 1976! They are 2 Human Torch and a Thing 8" figures, dated 1975, in the American blister package with a small sticker with their italian name on the cartboard. I got the feeling they might be worth something, so I started surfing the internet and noticed that they are now collectors items... I also found your site and, since all you here are THE experts in this field, I thought you might be able to give me a few suggestions or ideas! Thank you all and ciao from Italy!
    Pierluisa

Comment

• Dennyboy
      • Oct 14, 2011

Hi all - new collector from the UK - have picked up megos before but left them alone a few years back (all I had left was a loose Zauis and buffulo bill) - purchased a couple of figs this week (palitoy FF spidy and lizard) and the bugs back! - look forward to contributing and learning from the site
      Looking for WWII Lion Rock/Battle Brigade
      Boxed Knights
      Boxed Robin Hood
      boots, helmet and belt for Alan Carter

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Pierluisa and Dennyboy
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
          70's Era Pimp
          • Sep 7, 2011

Hello Everyone! My name is Chris. I have always admired the MEGO line of toys, since my child hood. I finally completed my Super Powers collection and am now starting on the MEGO. WGSH are my favorites, but I am a fan of POTA, Star Trek & Wizard Of Oz.

I do buy/sell/trade and have a collectibles store in Wisconsin. I don't have a lot of MEGO currently. Perhaps about 50. Like I said....just getting the ball rolling on Mego.

I am very intrigued with the thought of customizing and repro packaging. I am not much of an artist, but I am still contemplating giving it a try.

I am looking forward to making new friends in this hobby of ours. If you are looking for something, let me know. I may be able to help and we can work something out.

Comment

• berges33
            • Nov 23, 2011

Hello,

my name is Dirk and i`m 38 years old. I saw the mego figures here on this board maybe one and a half year ago. I fell in love with them instantly. The bad thing is, i come from Germany and here you can get nothing about Mego. Even i dont know any collecter here in Germany. If there is another collector from Germany, please send me a message.

For now i send all the other members greetings from Germany
            And how we say there.

Viele liebe Grüße

Dirk

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Welcome Dirk. And we do have members from Germany.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• cardinals1
                • Dec 1, 2011

Hello From The Gateway To The North

Hi my name is Dennis and i am very new to this site and site like this. I am looking to start collection action figures that bring back my childhood experiences. I am interested in all types of action figures such as super hero's to planet of the apes . I dont know if i am allowed to like other action figures but my favorite action figure has to be the six million dollar man action figures , they bring back so many good memories. Like i said i am interested in starting out my collection and grow it quickly along as the items are buyable at a fair price, definately not retail. Well dont know what elser to say but if you can help along the way in my experiences with buying and learning that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dennis

Comment

• cardinals1
                  • Dec 1, 2011

Originally posted by berges33
                  Hello,

my name is Dirk and i`m 38 years old. I saw the mego figures here on this board maybe one and a half year ago. I fell in love with them instantly. The bad thing is, i come from Germany and here you can get nothing about Mego. Even i dont know any collecter here in Germany. If there is another collector from Germany, please send me a message.

For now i send all the other members greetings from Germany
                  And how we say there.

Viele liebe Grüße

Dirk
                  welcome dirk i am new also i am from canada and hoping to learn the ropes here

Comment

• cardinals1
                    • Dec 1, 2011

is ther any one who can tell me how to talk with others on here i am very new and not the smartest when comes to computers?

Comment

• The4thDoctor
                      Travelling thru time
                      • Nov 2, 2011

Hey hey..

Originally posted by cardinals1
                      is ther any one who can tell me how to talk with others on here i am very new and not the smartest when comes to computers?
                      Good news..you are rite now!.. Wayne here....I'm relatively new here too, you'll like it...Very friendly people here and willing to help you..Remeber, no cussing or being rude or disrespectful to others..Feel free to read FAQ at the top of your screen in the blue bar...frequently asked questions(FAQ) ...You'll learn, remember, Google is your friend...Wayne
                      sigpic****WANT LIST-----WANT LIST***
                      Denys Fisher Mego Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver acc
                      Vintage Cheron
                      Mego Spiderman right arm/hand
                      SMDM right leg/pair socks
                      Mego Green Goblin

Comment

• generic
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by cardinals1
                        If you want to send a private message to a specific person, all you have to do is:

1. Left click on their screen name.

2. Select "Send Private Message to..."
                        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Byrnes
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 19, 2011

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself since I might be trying to help a few people out on the buy/sell/trade stuff. My name is Ryan,I'm 38. I don't really collect Mego stuff right now, but have played with many figures growing up in the 70's. I'm more of a 4"inch customizer but I've always loved the Mego Star Trek figures and wanted start dabbling in customizing TOS figures beyond what they made from the 70's group. A bit more costly then 4" inch customizing but the urge has been there for a couple of years so hopefully I can start buying some fodder soon. I also recently bought my first larger figures with the Buck Rogers Tigerman and Buck from ZICA, incredible figures for sure. My brother (K2) is also on this site and is the one who directed me to this place.
                          Last edited by Byrnes; Dec 22, '11, 1:41 PM.
                          WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• 71roadrunner340
                            Museum Patron
                            • Dec 29, 2011

Hi everyone, my name is Ken, and I'm a 40 something toy addict....I mean collector , I live in Georgia, and I am married with 4 kids. I am just getting back into collecting Mego. I had a small, but nice, collection, that I sold in the early 90's to concentrate on vintage GI Joe, Marx, and Captain Action. Now that those 3 have gotten completely out of control, I got the Mego buzz again Been lurking here for awhile getting familiar with the figures and variations again, and enjoying reading the posts. Hope to maybe contribute some, and maybe get my fledgling collection boosted. if anyone is interested in trading Mego for vintage GI Joe, send me a want list, I have a bit of extra stuff. Thanks!
                            Ken

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                              70's Era Pimp
                              • Sep 7, 2011

Welcome to you both!

Comment

• wilbs518
                                Mego Collector
                                • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome to the museum.
                                sigpic