Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Majestic forgot the Cylon skirt. Hopefully, BBP will include that. The Majestic Cylon was one of the worst put together figures I ever bought. The sword didn't fit in the hand and the square pieces on the belt fell right off. I'm pretty sure there was an issue with the figure holding the rifle too.
    Last edited by Chris; Oct 14, '11, 8:52 PM.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

these are 8 inch versions with a certain price point and based on their previous lines, i dont think they'll be too much details.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

these are 8 inch versions with a certain price point and based on their previous lines, i dont think they'll be too much details.
        To be honest, I think I would like it that way. In my head less detail sounds more Mego-y.
        It's all good!

Comment

• kennermike
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 4, 2007

I just hope BBP does a good job on Lt Starbuck!

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah! Along with Apollo, Athena, Boomer, Baltar, Adama, Tigh, Rigel, Omega, Ortega (my only chance to get Frank Ashmore in 8 inches!), Patrick McNee as Iblis (like I'm the only one looking forward to that!), one of the Beings of Light from the War of the Gods episode.

Heck, can we get an Avengers line? Steed, Mrs. Peel, Purdey, etc.?
            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Would love the Avengers, or a 60's spy line with them, UNCLE, Derek Flint, The Prisoner
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                Type3Toys Has Transformed
                • Oct 5, 2011

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                To be honest, I think I would like it that way. In my head less detail sounds more Mego-y.
                Although I get what you mean, trouble with that is, once you get past the few hundred mego-heads who buy them, nobody else will want them. In todays toy/collector world, detail and articulation are everything.
                View My Customs
                www.type3toys.com
                or check here
                http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Even Mego got more detailed with some of thier later lines.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I say we all get on the ball and start letting comic shops, etc. know about this line so that they'll start carrying it!

Uh....will these figures have any playability, or are they simply intended to be collectibles?

And something else just hit me. A lot of kids today (meaning over 95%) don't have any idea as to Classic BSG, or what it was about. We need to rectify that.

For those of us that were major fans of the show, either break out the DVD's or have the kids tune into Netflix or TV.com for the episodes.

Get these kids turned to Classic BSG! Help create a major sales base! This line must succeed!

That is not a request people!

This is a COMMAND!

(just kidding.)
                    JediJaida

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

I was thinking the same thing, we all had visions that the retro superheros would be bought by kids, who would discover the mego format, and fall in love with them. I think all the new stuff, because it really wont be distributed in major stores plus the lines are completely obscure to them, well maybe"next generation", is really for the collector market, especially when U start numbering the figures, like BBP have with the TZ. Im not complaining, but this format is definately for the collector, and not aimed at the kid down the street.BBP is the major player in town, with the ammount of licences, and figures they are knocking out at this precise moment, and they are going for the collector.
                      Last edited by alex; Oct 16, '11, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎