Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software upgrade coming soon - what do you like?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Its ok, Brian.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

We always come back here
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Facebook has a blocking feature that completely blocks out people you don't want to see, ever. I know we have a similar feature here but some people have told me it doesn't completely block a person like the FB version does.

Also, I think it's kind'a ridiculous that words like a-s-s, p-i-s-s and F-U are blocked. No one can type Kung-** but I can type F.U. and it comes thru. The F-word is worse by far yet the other words are blocked instead? That's something you could even fix now but when you upgrade does it make sense to do it this way?
        Last edited by johnmiic; Sep 7, '11, 1:29 AM.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by johnmiic
          Also Facebook has a blocking feature that completely blocks out people you don't want to see, ever. I know we have a similar feature here but some people have told me it doesn't completely block a person like the FB version does.
          You hate me that much, eh...
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ If anybody blocked you, half the board would dissapear.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

I would like to see us start a customs museum like the one linked here. It would be a great way to reference different characters as well as a place to "display" our works of art in a very organized manner. Clubhouse Model Gallery and Model Museum
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megojim
                I would like to see us start a customs museum like the one linked here. It would be a great way to reference different characters as well as a place to "display" our works of art in a very organized manner. Clubhouse Model Gallery and Model Museum
                That's more in line with the creation of a website than a forum itself, however, there may be an ability for members to create "Customs Blogs" where they can showcase their work. Can't promise anything yet but it may happen.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megojim
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 13, 2001

^^^^^^^
                  my bad, I didn't read the fine print as to the changes are just with the Forum, not the entire Museum . . . . sorry
                  My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megojim
                    ^^^^^^^
                    my bad, I didn't read the fine print as to the changes are just with the Forum, not the entire Museum . . . . sorry
                    No worries, there may be something we can do on that end.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>You hate me that much, eh...

It's 'cos you're Belgium. I read somewhere you guys all shoot lasers out of your eyes, and are vampires.

Don C.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        ...add samurainoir, toys2cool, nayrbgo, & Mikey and this forum would be a literal ghost town!!!

Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Tothiro
                          Kitten Mittens
                          • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                          You guys visit other forums?

*runs off sobbing and arms flailing*
                          Let's not shall we get started on UMA. (No one there knows what the hell I'm talking about with that 1970's/80's Taco Bell kids meal paper Frankenstein mask either)

And to be clear - I'm only an RPF member to look for source photos for Mego projects.

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                          ...add samurainoir, toys2cool, nayrbgo, & Mikey and this forum would be a literal ghost town!!!
                          It would have to be renamed... Something reflecting culinary love letters and international beers.
                          Last edited by Tothiro; Sep 7, '11, 1:28 PM.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
                              You hate me that much, eh...
                              Not you. Currently I don't block anyone but I'm compiling a short list of people who are begging for it. At Mego Meet I spoke to a person who said the feature we currently use still indicates that blocked person is posting. I think the FB block is better as both parties can't see each other.

Comment

• Hulk
                                Mayor of Megoville
                                • May 10, 2003

Keep Son of Retro Tan if possible
                                Mouse Hover Preview
                                Smartphone/Tablet optimization (Tapatalk support)
                                CAPTCHA human verification for registration
                                video BBcode
                                More space for private messages (text storage and bandwidth can't be that great)

On that note, personally I think we could (and possibly should) reduce or eliminate hosting of images. They take up storage and bandwidth when other sites like photobucket are provided for free and reduce both, eliminating cost. They often provide IMG codes that are easily copy and pasted from the site for integration into posts. It would be interesting to know how much we pay for image storage and bandwidth unneccesarily. I know this isn't popular with some members, but we raise a lot of money for museum maintenance, and it would be prudent to analyze unneeded costs.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎