Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software upgrade coming soon - what do you like?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Software upgrade coming soon - what do you like?

We will be upgrading to the newest version of vBulletin software before the end of the year, and wanted to get your feedback. When we do upgrade, we'll have to remove all the modifications we've made and add them back in one by one. The board will be down for several hours or more, and will look pretty "generic" when it comes back up - but that will quickly change.

In that vein...

Is there anything that the forums can't currently do that you would like it to be able to do?

Anything in the forums you think is annoying or unnecessary?

Anything you love that you just can't do without?

Give us your feedback! Serious replies only, please.

Thanks!!
    Joe
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

It would be nice if you could embed a video into a post. Not a hyperlink, but the video itself.

Comment

• mikeoz
      Mego Maker
      • Mar 9, 2007

I'm not sure if this is just an issue with my Android phone or all smart phones, but the Amazon banner's link at the top of the page extends completely down all of the posting section. If you want to select a topic, you have to do it on the complete left hand side of the page (not anywhere under the Amazon banner). This makes it impossible to select just the last page number on a topic. I don't know if anyone else has notice this. Maybe this will be fixed when the new software comes online.
      Looking for:
      Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
        It would be nice if you could embed a video into a post. Not a hyperlink, but the video itself.
        I second that..

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
          Make that a third "aye" on that.

The member's gallery for pics seems a little 'clunky' to me, hence why I don't use it myself. Something about it seems as if there are too many steps or something.

Other than those two things I'm perfectly happy with everything else.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

I wouldn't mind having a chat room. It was nice to get on there on occasion and ramble with the peeps.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

^ I second on the chat room. It was fun the times I got to use it.

Also, I think this has been mentioned before, but I think it is the animated ads that sometime hold up a page from loading on a thread where I have to refresh to try and move on.
              It's all good!

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Very minor, but I'd love a link right from the forums to the galleries. I know its a simple click to the home page and then the galleries, but link with a drop down (like on the home page) on the forums would be nice.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                  Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                  • Mar 3, 2010

Would it be possible to be able to post photos as well as videos without having to have a flickr account to do so? I'd like to just copy & paste photos & videos right from my computer desktop to the forums.
                  Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>Something about it seems as if there are too many steps or something

I think it's 'cos there are so many posting locations available, even though you're only supposed to use the one.

Don C.

Comment

• theressa
                      Sewing...?
                      • Jun 13, 2004

A tad more space for pics in the members section of the gallery would be great
                      Wants, original parts; thinking...
                      It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
                      Custom suits, in time
                      T_SUITS

Comment

• sauce
                        Removed
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Twitter/Facebook/Flickr/Google+/YouTube integration would amplify all kinds of things around here. I wonder if that's something feasible in an upgrade?

Loving things how they are, though, too. I could be happy 'as is' so I wouldn't want to lose too much of what we have. I'm not sure I could enumerate everything that is good and worth keeping, but if a list of things that could go away were published, we could comment on that. Dunno if you want that much input, though. I'm not sure I would if in the tech position. . . .too many cooks, and all that.

You're doing a great job NOW!

Bryan

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
                          Very minor, but I'd love a link right from the forums to the galleries. I know its a simple click to the home page and then the galleries, but link with a drop down (like on the home page) on the forums would be nice.
                          that would be awesome to have a set of links to the galleries from here. I have a link in my toolbar to both the galleries and forums, but having it built in would be sweet.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by galaxyexplorer42
                            Would it be possible to be able to post photos as well as videos without having to have a flickr account to do so? I'd like to just copy & paste photos & videos right from my computer desktop to the forums.
                            I believe that is what the User Galleries are for, tho they are a little confusing to use at times.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by galaxyexplorer42
                              DITTO! I hate not being able to post pics b/c I have to post them on another site first. (which is just plain silly). Copy/paste is the way to go! And chatting and embedding vids would be good too.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎