Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

I just voted for the Dukes. I am for the under dogs. What can I say?

All of the card samples look very nice thus far. The Zorro is a really neat looking card all by itself.

Reading through the comments here I see that there seems to be a strong push to only make some of the cards all as one instead of individuals.

While I can understand the work that will go into making each individual card I cannot help but think that someone here would be willing to support an each individual card character. I personally would not have no love loss for a Ralph Malph although that does not mean that someone else here may like the character and may want to support the card/character for the sake of helping out the Museum.

Wouldn't this also help the Museum out with a little extra $$$ by having more cards and that way more members can support the different cards. Kind of seems like a win/win to me for The Museum unless maybe I am missing something here?

I know that there are members here that are willing to support the cards as there are new members arriving here daily. Not to mention members that have been here that still have not been able to support a card due to so many people requesting to support the cards.

Someone mentioned that these cards cannot go on forever. Maybe true. However, At least with making each individual cards it would last a lot longer.

Another someone mentioned that the set would become too big. My suggestion is just collect what you like. No one has to collect them all unless they really want to.

Just some thoughts. I will go back to sleep now. LOL!!
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
      Look, is anyone really sad about the lack of a Ralph Malph card?
      I am, but I do understand that after making all of these cards, it can get kind of old and plus, it's been a HUGE expense. When it comes right down to it, I'm just glad that the Superheroes, Trek and Monsters each got their own card. Those may be my favorites. Just the fact that these other series are getting cards (even as a group) is very cool!

I understand Starsky and Hutch are cool but it seems weird to seperate them.
      Very similar to Batman & Robin for me...only which one would be Batman?
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by livnxxxl
        While I can understand the work that will go into making each individual card I cannot help but think that someone here would be willing to support an each individual card character.
        I think that's probably true, however, I think the bigger issue than money is just time it takes to make the cards.

Another someone mentioned that the set would become too big. My suggestion is just collect what you like. No one has to collect them all unless they really want to.
        Oh, come on! You know a lot of us have no choice! It's an addiction!
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by generic
          Oh, come on! You know a lot of us have no choice! It's an addiction!
          Kind of like Pringles. Once you pop you can't stop.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2007

Wow, I placed two posts on here yesterday about Zorro, and they are both gone. Did I step on some toes? Maybe I better hurry up and get my donation in.

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

i'm really looking forward to this series and i'm sure scott will do an outstanding job like he always does. so with that being said, i'm sure whatever line wins, we all win! go starsky and hutch!!!

Comment

• Obibob
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 27, 2007

I'm a huge Guy Williams fan from waaaay back, so Zorro has to be my number one choice. After that, probably The Wizard of Oz, and then The Waltons.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Hmmm, looks like the forum software is bugging out. We're not zapping posts about Zorro.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

I just voted for the Dukes. I am for the under dogs. What can I say?

All of the card samples look very nice thus far. The Zorro is a really neat looking card all by itself.

Reading through the comments here I see that there seems to be a strong push to only make some of the cards all as one instead of individuals.

While I can understand the work that will go into making each individual card I cannot help but think that someone here would be willing to support an each individual card character. I personally would not have no love loss for a Ralph Malph although that does not mean that someone else here may like the character and may want to support the card/character for the sake of helping out the Museum.

Wouldn't this also help the Museum out with a little extra $$$ by having more cards and that way more members can support the different cards. Kind of seems like a win/win to me for The Museum unless maybe I am missing something here?

I know that there are members here that are willing to support the cards as there are new members arriving here daily. Not to mention members that have been here that still have not been able to support a card due to so many people requesting to support the cards.

Someone mentioned that these cards cannot go on forever. Maybe true. However, At least with making each individual cards it would last a lot longer.

Just some thoughts. I will go back to sleep now. LOL!!
                    Personally I won't be sad if there's no Ralph Malph card. On the other hand tho I gotta agree with what livnxxxl has said. Give each character his/her own card and the fun will last a lot longer. No doubt you'll find enough people to sponsor them. And yes, these take a lot of time and effort to make, but no one is in hurry here. If Scott is OK to make them all he can take as much time as he needs.
                    We've been doing one card/one character all this time now, seems kind of a shame to rush things now and do one card/one show
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• shazam7208
                      Career Member
                      • Oct 28, 2008

My votes would be...
                      1. Tin Man
                      2. Scarecrow
                      3. Happy Days

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Hmmm, looks like the forum software is bugging out. We're not zapping posts about Zorro.
                        I knew it was rigged

Comment

• livnxxxl
                          • Oct 23, 2007

Hopefully the next software upgrade will take care of that. LOL!! Those darn Zorro posts anyway. Looks like the Mods are just going to have to keep deleting them manually for now.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                            Love to play with Megos
                            • Oct 19, 2003

Those are my favorite ones that I have been watching them often when I was kid:

Dukes of Hazzard

Starsky and Hutch

Wizard of Oz

I have no choice which one, I think the Dukes of Hazzard is a good one I voted that.
                            Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 14, '10, 10:17 AM. Reason: added sentence....
                            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                              The name says it all!
                              • Dec 3, 2007

Look, is anyone really sad about the lack of a Ralph Malph card?
                              No Ralph Malph card

That's it. I am making my own!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

Where's Action Jackson? The first mego!
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰