Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my 1978 Reimagined Catalogue today!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpaceAgent
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 21, 2009

Originally posted by shazam7208
    I ordered mine on April 2nd...it hasn't come in yet, but I'm hoping it shows this week!
    Same here! Hoping it is in the mailbox today! Surely it can't take a month to cross the US-Canada border, can it?

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I got mine today and I'm really stoked. It's beautiful. Dave Mc's Star Wars stuff looks stunning and makes me want to go to the shops right now and buy them all...if only.

Great job everyone!

(Will I will send yours out tomorrow or Wed!)

And I especially LOVE the Aquaman sticker!
      Last edited by SlipperyLilSuckers; May 3, '10, 8:29 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
        Same here! Hoping it is in the mailbox today! Surely it can't take a month to cross the US-Canada border, can it?
        As I've explained earlier.

1) I got over 90 orders on April 2nd

2) Mail didn't start running in Canada until the 4th

3) It took me well over a week to process the initial orders, it seems anybody order # 50 and below has theirs, 50 and above it's a little slower.

4) It shouldn't take a month, you're absolutely right, but it can take 2-3 weeks.

I'm a one man show and I did my best, there was not one day this past month where i didn't visit my post office. Despite some of the emails I've gotten that would suggest otherwise, I'm not taking anyone's dough here. I put my own money into this project and it's in my best interest that it have good word of mouth so I may hope to break even on it.

Please take my word that they are shipped and I did keep good records so I know anybody who ordered is going to get their books.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I feel really overwhelmed if I sell 10 of something in one day. I couldn't even imagine 90 in one day (with more coming in after that). It definitely would take time to prepare and organize all that, especially doing it all by oneself, in whatever free time that is available after "real life" (work, family, etc), and it's something that's being done for the community, not a side business or anything, so I'd cut the dude a bit of slack.
          Last edited by cjefferys; May 3, '10, 8:39 AM.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            As I've explained earlier.

1) I got over 90 orders on April 2nd

2) Mail didn't start running in Canada until the 4th

3) It took me well over a week to process the initial orders, it seems anybody order # 50 and below has theirs, 50 and above it's a little slower.

4) It shouldn't take a month, you're absolutely right, but it can take 2-3 weeks.

I'm a one man show and I did my best, there was not one day this past month where i didn't visit my post office. Despite some of the emails I've gotten that would suggest otherwise, I'm not taking anyone's dough here. I put my own money into this project and it's in my best interest that it have good word of mouth so I may hope to break even on it.

Please take my word that they are shipped and I did keep good records so I know anybody who ordered is going to get their books.
            I don't know, Brian (if that is your real name). I think you may have pulled off a master scam. First you start collecting Megos and other toys back in the 80's with the evil-genius-like foresight that this community would evolve. Then you step up to spend hours of your own time to help run the this Museum which just happens to be the most attractive place on the net. Then you further ingratiate yourself into the community by spearheading or coordianting all kinds of fun Mego projects, foremost the drug-like addicting Museum and Plaid Stallion trading cards. Time and time again, you worked to create this facade- years doing nice things for members here, tracking down incredible Mego info and employees, hooking us up with great finds until you had become one of the most trusted people in the Mego collecting world.

Oh, but this was your final, master stroke. You'd spend thousands of your own dollars on a project that almost didn't even happen, just to pry 10 bucks from each of us. Yeah, I know your still probably going to lose a little money on this deal, but money was never your goal then, was it sir?!?!? You simply wanted us to look foolish as we weep over catalogs lost. Truly, truly evil, my friend.

Well I guess I can only admire such cruel genius. Well played, sir. Well played.
            Last edited by Wee67; May 3, '10, 9:41 AM.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

That's exactly what I was thinking Bill. He really got me.... I ordered three, and he only sent me.......THREE! in a prompt fashion. The jerk even threw in free cards and stickers. I know damn good and well that he prints his own money, so in my mind he should have paid us to take these. I'm reporting him to a Mod ASAP.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Ja, I don't know how he can live with himself.

Comment

• YANOULI
                  Part-Time Timelord
                  • Jan 9, 2006

Do you still have some catalogues left Brian?

It's a shame i wasn't able to get my Doctor Who customs in there.
                  Unfortunately, i just couldn't take the risk of sending them to be photographed.
                  " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by YANOULI
                    Do you still have some catalogues left Brian?
                    Oh yeah, I've got a pretty decent supply although I am attempting to get listed through diamond.

Also want to mention that 99% of people who are waiting are super decent about it. Sadly it just takes that one ugly customer to make your day hap-hap-happy.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Despite some of the emails I've gotten that would suggest otherwise, I'm not taking anyone's dough here.
                      There's just no excuse for this, I hope this isn't a well respected member
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by YANOULI
                        It's a shame i wasn't able to get my Doctor Who customs in there.
                        Unfortunately, i just couldn't take the risk of sending them to be photographed.
                        All the pics of my monsters and Batman 1966 are my own, didn't send them overseas either
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• vulcan2074
                          Live Long and Prosper
                          • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
                          I don't know, Brian (if that is your real name). I think you may have pulled off a master scam. First you start collecting Megos and other toys back in the 80's with the evil-genius-like foresight that this community would evolve. Then you step up to spend hours of your own time to help run the this Museum which just happens to be the most attractive place on the net. Then you further ingratiate yourself into the community by spearheading or coordianting all kinds of fun Mego projects, foremost the drug-like addicting Museum and Plaid Stallion trading cards. Time and time again, you worked to create this facade- years doing nice things for members here, tracking down incredible Mego info and employees, hooking us up with great finds until you had become one of the most trusted people in the Mego collecting world.

Oh, but this was your final, master stroke. You'd spend thousands of your own dollars on a project that almost didn't even happen, just to pry 10 bucks from each of us. Yeah, I know your still probably going to lose a little money on this deal, but money was never your goal then, was it sir?!?!? You simply wanted us to look foolish as we weep over catalogs lost. Truly, truly evil, my friend.

Well I guess I can only admire such cruel genius. Well played, sir. Well played.
                          Now thats a Great post.
                          Sammy

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                            Defender of the Megoverse
                            • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by shazam7208
                            I ordered mine on April 2nd...it hasn't come in yet, but I'm hoping it shows this week!
                            I'm in the same boat as you. I hope it comes this week!

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
                              I'm in the same boat as you. I hope it comes this week!
                              Same here guys. The waiting truly is the hardest part.
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• starsky
                                veteran member
                                • Aug 26, 2007

i got mine and it's absolutely beautiful and really looks and feels like something mego would have put out!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎