Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone post a pic of them on the shelf yet?
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Brown Bear
      Maybe I missed it, but did anyone post a pic of them on the shelf yet?
      I've seen a couple so far
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• timb
        Will Draw for Toys
        • May 1, 2009

I stopped at my TRU last night and they didn't have any pegs dedicated to them, and they had no idea when they'd be in. Lame-o.

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by DocDrako
          Okay I went to Toys R Us today. I have good news and bad news, but the bad news is still good news.

Good News: Our Toys R Us had 3 pegs of space dedicated to them.

Bad News: All they had left were 2 Luthors and 2 Sinestros. So my son and I now have them. The good part of this is that in a week, they have gotten them and sold out. I was bummed not to get all 4, but excited that they sold so well. I hope they continue to do so, and I hope kids are buying them too.

I am going back tomorrow because the clerk said they get their shipments on Thursday. If they have more, I hope to get the others.

When we first saw them, we were both very excited and of course loved them. I know they're for 6+ but my son is a "Mego" collector like his dad. He took to Lex Luthor right away. We were moving through the store and he saw something else that he said he wanted, so I gave him the option of putting the "Megos" back in exchange for the other toy. His reply was, "No, I think Megos are much cooler." Then he said, "Let's get out of this place so we can go home and open our new Megos." (figures like this in my home are all called "Megos". Just think of cotton swabs and you'll get the idea) We soon got home and he wasted no time in ripping them open. He wanted me to open them, but I gave him the honor. It was his first new "Mego" experience.

I of course had to check them out too since I still haven't opened mine. As a Mego collector and a devoted follower of Jason of WeAreSmall.com I believe in playability, and I do in fact play "Megos" with my son. The only thing that really disappoints me about these new "Megos" is the lack of swivel arms. Sure it would have made them better, but it didn't stop my son from immediately taking out all of his other "Megos" and playing until bedtime. And original Megos don't have swivel arms so it's not horrible. It just would have been a nice upgrade. I think the costumes are great and the figures seem durable enough. My son has a few "Megos" on CTVT bodies and he hasn't broken a single one yet, so I think these will hold up well during his play. I loved the addition of the Kryptonite to Lex Luthor, and Sinestro's battery (or whatever it's called). Lex's boots seem a little big, but that's okay. Once he uses that Kryptonite on Superman, he'll want good boots for kicking that Super-Fool's ribs in.

In the adventure that ensued, we realized that when Mego Batman kicked the Kryptonite out of Luthor's hand, Sinestro wasn't be able to use his power ring to retrieve it since it's green. The heroes were soon captured anyways, except for Spider-Man who showed up late. He boldly approached Luthor and flatly stated that the Kryptonite didn't affect him. He was wrong though. The Kryptonite works well as a blunt "head-bashing" object, so Spider-Man was soon captured too. I don't know what the Superfriends are going to do now. Is there no one to save them? Where is Green Lantern?

Overall, my son and I love the new Retro-Action Heroes. We look forward to buying every one of them. And when I showed my son the second wave images here at the Museum, he was so happy. He loves Aquaman (as do I) and Black Manta is one of his favorite villains from the Superfriends.

Are these the perfect "Mego" action figure by design? No, they have minor flaws. Does it make them any less fun? No, as toys they're great. My son and I both love them. I would like to see minor improvements, but even if they don't change a thing, my son and I are still sold.

Nice work, Mattel! Keep them coming! An epic superhero battle has begun and we need more warriors!

Beautiful experience between father and son. That's what it's all about! Congrats my friend, and thanks Doc.
          Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 25, '10, 8:19 AM.

Comment

• JimCem99
            New Yorker stuck in Hell!
            • Jan 30, 2010

Great story Doc!

Comment

• sauce
              Removed
              • Jun 24, 2007

Down in SoCal, my TRU sold out before I could even get there. More coming next week.

Nice to hear the New Generation MEGO story! Love it!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

That's a really nice story, hopefully you're not alone.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• RG
                  Removed.
                  • Oct 1, 2004

nothing in salem oregon yet ... but something is up with the super hero area ... lots of empty space, but yet lots of figures from the other lines are there.

Comment

• Riffster
                    Atomic batteries to power
                    • Jun 29, 2008

my toys r us hasn't gotten any yet, haven't even cleared space for them
                    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• DC_Guy
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Sep 18, 2008

Was in a TRU in Watchung, NJ last week - nothing there yet either.

Comment

• dumbldor
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 9, 2002

They have made it as far east as Illinois! I found them at TRU in Deerfield, IL today!

There were 2 sets hanging there. I grabbed a set for me and a set for a friend. Looks like they were just stocked last night or early this morning.

Keep your eyes peeled in the midwest!

Comment

• megonaught
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 29, 2008

my 6 year old got a good look at my superman and is hooked.
                          he wants one. my only gripe is the size of the boots but its also a quick fix. all 5 are now sporting doc megos super hero boots. i also have boots for batman and even black boots to make aquaman alittle more retro.
                          Action Jackson is his name.
                          Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

I just found them at my TRU. They didn't even hang them on the pegs, just on the shelf. THey had a complete set with an extra Luthor.

However...

They looked like they suffered from the quality control issues mentioned previously. SInestro looked like his left leg was disconnected from whatever is holding these bodies together. It was just sort of hanging within the suit. The Green Lantern's emblem was down around his navel. As badly as I wanted these two, I had to pass. Forty dollars is better spent on a better made figure. I can wait till I find higher grade conditioned pieces.

It was both a thrill and a letdown today.

Scott
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• MightyMegs
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 5, 2009

Toysrus.com has all 4 in stock...

Comment

• WannabeMego
                                Made in the USA
                                • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by DC_Guy
                                Was in a TRU in Watchung, NJ last week - nothing there yet either.
                                Ah...A Fellow Museum Member in My Neck of the Woods!!!

I check there daily before I get home...Haven't seen them yet.
                                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎