Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bif Bang Pow! to Produce '70s Style Action Figures Based on Some of the World's Most

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uni
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 7, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    The Mego ones are cool and all, but you took an audience of people who were super excited about those characters being made into toys and sliced it down to a 10th....

That's just such an odd choice for the Ventures. Venture Brothers is a line that screams traditional modern day toys, not Mego. I seriously hope we hear an announcement soon about some regular action figure Venture Brothers toys soon.
    I have to disagree completely. I love the Venture Bros partly for its throwback look and style. I see Mego-style figures as a perfect extension of that.

As for "slicing it down"... I have to say that I have zero interest in molded plastic "traditional modern" figures. In this instance, BBP has added me to their list of potential buyers.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I have to disagree completely. I love the Venture Bros partly for its throwback look and style. I see Mego-style figures as a perfect extension of that.
      I agree entirely and I think it's one of the reasons that BBP chose that. Not to mention all the mego references on the show and the creators being fans.

As for "slicing it down"... I have to say that I have zero interest in molded plastic "traditional modern" figures. In this instance, BBP has added me to their list of potential buyers.
      I honestly don't believe it's anywhere near as dramatic as that. I hate the 6 inch format but I've yielded to the licenses I like occasionally because my love for the character transcends such personal biases. I am willing to argue the same will be said once the Ventures hit the shelves.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

All this great news just revs me up and re-energizes my collecting spirits!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Will there be both 6" sculpted figures and 8" Mego for the VB's?

I'd love for the Re-Mego style VB to not have to compete with another format. Particularly if the price point for a 6" sculpted figure is less expensive for the casual buyer who likes their "nerd Hummels".

I guess I have the same concern for Dexter and Flash Gordon, since those properties already exist in the other format, will fans who already bought the sculpted figures want to "double dip" and get the 8" as well? I have my fingers crossed that they will, or that the 8" format will attract enough of a new nostalgic crowd to make it successful, particularly since there is not really any kid crossovers for these figures like the superheroes... it's collectors and fans of the shows all the way here.

Also, how "deep" will they be able to go into a property like Dexter in terms of "legs" for the line once they produce a Dexter and variants like a Dark Avenger Dexter. Would folks be willing to purchase a Vince Musaka, Deborah or Angel action figure? Although I would definitely want a John Lithgow Mego!
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Something you should see, Brian sent me this and asked I post it while he's out.

Publick Nuisance
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by JimCem99
              I wonder if Dude will come with the rug. Or if Walter will come with his handgun or uzi.

Walter Sobchak: Your wheel! At fifteen m-p-h I roll out! I double back, grab one of 'em and beat it out of him! The uzi!
              The Dude: Uzi?
              Walter Sobchak: You didn't think I was rolling out of here naked!

There will be a rug.
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                Career Member
                • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                I seriously hope we hear an announcement soon about some regular action figure Venture Brothers toys soon.
                We've got The Venture Bros. license for a long time, and fully plan on exploring different scales of action figures, including vehicles! Stay tuned!!
                Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                bifbangpow.com
                twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Mr. Labowitz,
                  I know you guys have a full plate, but I would like to suggest you guys consider acquiring the rights for Human Target. I believe its seperate from the Mattel DC license, the show is huge right out of the gates, so it should have a decent shelf life, and it has three cool characters who would look good in the Mego format!

As for Flash Gordon...real Flash..not movie Flash...I spoke to King Features a few years back at the request of a different toy company, and at the time they were more than willing to split the licenses up regarding scale, price point, etc.. In short, even though Go Hero has the high end 12" license, you could/should still be able to get the rights to add the classic Flash to your roster, alongside the movie. I know the movie has its fans, but theres a lot of us out here who would rather see a line based on the comic strip!
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Uni
                    Museum Patron
                    • Sep 7, 2008

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                    We've got The Venture Bros. license for a long time, and fully plan on exploring different scales of action figures, including vehicles!
                    Ooooooh man, if there are mego-scale vehicles for Venture Bros, I will buy a new shelving unit for them!

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 21, 2009

http://jacksonpublick.livejournal.com/27538.html
                      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                      bifbangpow.com
                      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 1, 2005

Wow, a Scott Ian action figure, that's perfect! Charlie (Benante) has to be cracking up at that prospect.

Heck, "Action Figure" was even a nickname affectionately given to Scott by Dimebag back in the day!

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

I still have no idea who The Venture Bros. are...never heard of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

• bobbait
                            What, me worry?
                            • Jun 9, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                            I still have no idea who The Venture Bros. are...never heard of them.
                            me too
                            sigpic

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

Go to The Venture Bros. - Free Episodes and Clips, Downloads and Show Schedule on [adult swim]
                              the show is brilliant. It's Johnny Quest meets James Bond meets
                              superheroes - but funny.

They have done parodies of Dr. Strange, Fantastic Four, Blade,
                              SMDM, S.H.I.E.L.D, etc. any old school comic book fan will love it.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• BifBangPowJLenzi
                                • Feb 5, 2010

Hey everybody!

I've been avidly checking out these forums the past few weeks, with all the feedback re: our recent announcements. My partner Jason Labowitz has been fielding some of the questions and curiosities that have popped up from all of you, so I thought it was high time I jumped on and did the same.

I also wanted to say thank you for all the unbelievable support everyone's showing, for ALL of our properties it seems!

This is just about my first time in a talk back thingy, so be gentle with me. And I hope I can figure out this new fangled technology and actually get something done.

Here we go!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎