The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Mike Farence AKA Mikey AKA Type1Kirk

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002
    • 6145

    #16
    Very well said.

    Comment

    • drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012
      • 3958

      #17
      Truly sad to hear this. Always loved seeing his posts and comments.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      Stuff For Sale

      Comment

      • Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018
        • 3458

        #18
        I cant say he started the Belly post but he was definitely one of the first 5 contributors. His Priority Mail Captain's Chairs will always be famous here. We should post pics of them here as a reunion

        Comment

        • palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001
          • 60060

          #19
          Yeah, I came here to post about the Belly threads, they were weird but delightful.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

          Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

          Comment

          • sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009
            • 6779

            #20
            It was meme culture before that was even a thing.

            I will remember his love of Mego and his shipping box bridge furniture. But take all that away, the man was just such a singular presence here at the Museum. He would post silly things like the Belly threads. He would throw out random questions. He would grumble about how he missed Netscape Navigator... He was like that fun uncle that you never know what he is going to say. And I was charmed by all of it.

            Mikey, you will be missed.

            Comment

            • Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008
              • 11467

              #21
              I'm so sad to hear this. Mikey was a good dude and a fixture on the forums. I have a bunch of DVD's from him too. RIP my friend

              Comment

              • Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010
                • 1059

                #22
                Rest in peace, Mikey—you will be missed.

                Comment

                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎