The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, these Disney-Marvel figures...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008
    • 20331

    I'm expecting a set 4th-quarter, too. And hoping it will be an Avengers set with Falcon, Dr. Doom, and two others.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

    Comment

    • Frenchy99
      Persistent Member
      • May 9, 2025
      • 1188

      DR.Doom should of been a 1976 release.

      If not in the next set, will question the management from Disney and Mego !

      Comment

      • TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011
        • 9170

        I would like to see, Falcon, Black Panther, Hawkeye and Dr. Doom. I agree that Dr. Doom should have been added to Green Goblin and Lizard back in the 70’s. I’m guessing maybe it would have been an expensive make, the parts and clothing didn’t match any other mego at the time, same with Dr. Octopus with the tentacles.

        Comment

        • PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008
          • 20331

          It's possible to do a great Mego Dr. Doom using a mix of Super Knights, Tin Man, & Iron Man parts. Expensive, yes, but a cheaper approach could be done using silver Iron Man boots & gloves, Secret-Wars style.

          My Doom armor vintage "recipe":

          * Black Knight spaulders
          *pewter-colored Iron Man gloves
          * Tin Woodsman thigh tubes
          *Ivanhoe/Galahad boots

          And, a Little John belt. All these molds were available by the time the vintage FF were released in Summer '76. We could have had Dr. Doom instead of Conan.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 3, '26, 9:52 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

          Comment

          • wise guy
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2014
            • 1070

            Dr Doom could be a repainted Ironman with cape and hood

            Comment

            • powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010
              • 2169

              Dr Doom was one of my first Mego “customs” when I say about 9 or 10. Found some green fabric, boots and the silver bodysuit from my Ivanhoe and covered iron man gloves and head with aluminum foil. I was pretty pleased at the time of my results.

              Comment

              • BudgetMego
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2025
                • 625

                Originally posted by wise guy
                Dr Doom could be a repainted Ironman with cape and hood
                With 3d printers,at least a basic Doom is easy. I got the head for about $12 on Ebay, made the green tunic from some scrap fabric. Got a grey bodysuit silver Iron Man gloves and boots, and a wired green cape from CTVT. Some may like him more armory, but as I said for basic, he does it for me.
                Attached Files

                Comment

                • basilfan
                  Member
                  • Feb 21, 2025
                  • 79

                  Just thought I'd comment, as someone who has owned both the vintage Thor and this new Thor, the helmet doesn't sit as well on the new Thor's head as the old. I think maybe the hole in the head isn't in as good a spot.

                  Comment

                  • EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003
                    • 25816

                    Awoke to this making the social media rounds.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

                    Comment

                    • EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003
                      • 25816

                      Coming soon................
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

                      Comment

                      • basilfan
                        Member
                        • Feb 21, 2025
                        • 79

                        Must. Have. These. Figures.

                        Comment

                        • powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010
                          • 2169

                          As far as Spidey villians go I'd love to see the Shocker and the Prowler as Megos, but I know that's a slim chance of happening. Rhino and Mysterio are two I had wanted as Megos as a kid because of course the 60s cartoon. Happy to hear that news from Mr. Clarke. I'm sure the success of the Spidey movie is a big factor. If there are five more coming for 2027 probably one more is Spidey,two avengers and two x men waves.

                          Comment

                          • Jmass
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 19, 2006
                            • 310

                            I’m very happy with this set. I think all four figures look great. Was especially happy to see Doc Ock and Mysterio. With the first wave that ‘s five Ditko villains and half of the Sinister Six. Thanks to everyone that made this set possible!

                            Comment

                            • basilfan
                              Member
                              • Feb 21, 2025
                              • 79

                              When will we know when?

                              Comment

                              • PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008
                                • 20331

                                ^Yeah.


                                Also, Kingpin was mentioned in Spidey-speculation in a companion thread. I wonder, considering the bandless body tooling, if the Hulk arms can be put on a fat Penguin torso? That might work for Kingpin.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎