X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

So, these Disney-Marvel figures...

Twenty figures in a year and only 12 vintage Mego Marvels (excluding Conan). What might the other eight be? Will some be Diamond rehashes?

I'll admit, choosing just eight was difficult:

Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Hawkeye
    Namor or Black Panther

Dr. Doom
    Red Skull
    Dr. Octopus
    Electro or Loki

I'd sure like Dr. Strange, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

Black Panther for sure. Daredevil, too!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I'd like to see Iceman and Firestar.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

I'd say Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Daredevil, Vision, Hawkeye maybe Ant-man and Moon Knight? As they all were on the Disney stage. If they make female figures of course the Scarlet Witch. And Rhino using the Hulk buck? I thought I read a long time ago he was planned in the original Mego. And Dr. Doom and Dr. Octopus. Maybe a Kingpin using the hulk buck? Kraven would be cool and Hobgoblin. Ghost Rider.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Given his popularity in mass media, his current visibility due to the movie and the fact that there was a Diamond version of him already, I would be massively surprised if Deadpool weren't one of the 20 figures in year one. And I say this as someone who dislikes Deadpool immensely and has no interest in a Mego Deadpool, but not doing him would be leaving money on the table.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I don't disagree, but I was trying to not include Diamond figures. I love that DD head-sculpt.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

I think it comes down to who is doing figure selection-Mego or Marvel/Disney.

My guess for the 8 would be (leaning towards Marvel/Disney making the calls)

Deadpool
              Wolverine
              Cyclops or Daredevil
              Magneto

Black Panther
              Dr. Strange
              Spider-Man (Miles Morales costume)
              Dr. Doom

If they decide to include female figures (of which I am skeptical) then I think Capt, Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Storm would be the top options.

Not necessarily the 8 that would top my list of wants (though some are), but what I think would be easier to produce and have the benefit of the Marvel hype machine behind them because of their current level of popularity in media outside comics themselves or they are featured in prominent upcoming Marvel projects. .

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

Dr.Strange
                Daredevil
                Black Panther
                Wolverine
                Deadpool
                Dr.Doom
                Loki or Bullseye
                Hawkeye

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2019

They'd be fools not to do Punisher....
                  Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

No, STINGRAY?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

with the Fantastic Four movie being filmed now, you can bet they will be one of the 4 packs

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Original Marvel Mego's to help people remember:
                        74034377c4a92f77788f5195a96e9bb3--vintage-games-vintage-toys.jpg
                        Fantistic Four:
                        So there has to be a Dr. Doom in the new set, you cannot have a F4 without him.
                        Black Panther would be a great addition to the F4/Avengers group.

Avengers:
                        Black Widow is must for the Avengers lineup. With the movies she has been showcased more, plus it would be easy to make the Blonde Black Widow for customizers.

Invaders:
                        Namor could fit in with F4/Avengers/Invaders as a good guy and bad guy.
                        Bucky is another one that needs to get released. With Invaders or just Captain America sidekick it was a shame he was passed over.
                        Union Jack would be reaching but if this as to sell at Disney Parks than they will need one for the Europe markert.

Mutants:
                        Scarlet Witch would be a great figure since she is the other Women of Marvel the movies/tv series are talking about.
                        Cyclops & Jean Grey are a must.
                        Since Diamond did Wolverine & Deadpool I am bypassing them.
                        One would think Charles Xavior & Magneto would be included but they may be to much on accessories.

Supernatural/Midnight Sons
                        Blade was easy with what was available.
                        Jack Ryder a.k.a. Werewolf by Night was another easy one since they have to mold to make him.
                        Dr. Strange needs to get release and since Dr. Mego has the spell casting hands it is possible.
                        Ghost Rider is another that would be a great figure to get released.

Hulk:
                        Red-Hulk would be an easy on to make and with the movie coming out it makes since.
                        She-Hulk is widely known and would add another Hulk/Avenger to the mix.

Villians:
                        Kraven the Hunter!!! (I am wishing)
                        Venom would make since with the movies.
                        Thanos would be a great villain with the taller Hulk body
                        Red Skull is easy to make but what version do you do?
                        Bullseye would be a good villain to go with that Diamond Daredevil.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡