X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
    Their 12 inch celebrity fashion dolls aren't great overall. Some of them are kind of scary and the Suzanne Somers doll is pretty generic looking.
    Some of that can be blamed on the celebrities themselves, it still goes on. The Penny from Big Bang Theory looked nothing like Kelly Cuckoo but the original prototype was spot on, she didn't think she looked like that.

In the 1990s, my friend had his Tomb Raider merchandise line derailed by Angelina Jolie. It was never acceptable and then he believes, she stole the final prototype.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Female likenesses tend to be tricky anyway. And I have a possibly sexist suspicion that some celebrity females don’t want to actually see a product that reminds them of their self perceived flaws. Like Jennifer Grey and her nose. Always a very attractive actress I felt like but she hated her nose. Got an extreme nose job and became unrecognizable. Not ugly, just bland.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

How about the Gorn? a brown color lizard head and an outfit stolen from the Klingon and soldier ape. I know it’s not a likeness from a human actor or comic book, but if the question includes likenesses from a series/tv show, the Gorn is up there for the absolute worst.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Some of that can be blamed on the celebrities themselves, it still goes on. The Penny from Big Bang Theory looked nothing like Kelly Cuckoo but the original prototype was spot on, she didn't think she looked like that.

In the 1990s, my friend had his Tomb Raider merchandise line derailed by Angelina Jolie. It was never acceptable and then he believes, she stole the final prototype.​
          Wow, but not surprising given Jolie's reputation for being difficult. It doesn't just happen with figures. I recall Alex Ross saying Lucy Lawless disliked his spot-on portrait of her for a Xena cover, and they digtially shaved her jawbown down. This despite the very lovely Lucy Lawless DOES have a big jawbone.
          sigpic

Comment

• Count_Popula
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 28, 2018

The Mugato, although I love the figure! His funky clothing is a riot. That poor character even had an incorrect name - it was Gumato in the script till De Kelley flubbed it. Lol

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Muggy and Tallyo (Talosian) are both oddly attired but the sculpts are dead on. The clothing is a new topic.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Daisy Duke, hands down. That head sculpt is outright terrifying both in size and dead-eyed appearance. THere's no way I would associate it with Catherine Bach if I didn't know who it was supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎