Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

God, the older I get the more I try to avoid drama, and regret creating my own in the past. I just celebrated my 44th birthday last Monday. I'm really glad to be over the whole wounded ego thing. Life is too short. I avoid the people who hang onto old crap, but if anybody ever wanted to move on, all it'd take is a handshake and a "How ya been?"

I'm happy to be a part of this fandom. I love the people, I love the toys, and whether the meet is held at the largest con in the area, or the smallest of basements, I will try to be there as often as I can.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by B-Lister
      God, the older I get the more I try to avoid drama, and regret creating my own in the past. I just celebrated my 44th birthday last Monday. I'm really glad to be over the whole wounded ego thing. Life is too short. I avoid the people who hang onto old crap, but if anybody ever wanted to move on, all it'd take is a handshake and a "How ya been?"

I'm happy to be a part of this fandom. I love the people, I love the toys, and whether the meet is held at the largest con in the area, or the smallest of basements, I will try to be there as often as I can.
      Happy Belated birthday. That's an excellent POV to have.

I'm so far past a lot of this myself; the manufactured outrage just reached a point where it was so hyperbolic that it became buffoonish.

We hope to continue having Mego Meet and will enjoy seeing old faces and new ones. The last one was a much-needed "I miss this" turning point for me, at least. Hopefully, we can find a happy medium and see more of the old guard. I think it's a good sign that when I count the people I missed on my hand, I run out of fingers while the "Don't miss" pile stops around my middle finger.

While our door is open to conversation, it slams shut on anything accusatory or angry. It is not only unwelcome but undeserved.

While it is positive that a handful of previous attendants believed the event was theirs," the idea that any individual has more say than the people who inherit the risk and put on the show is not only incorrect, it's dispiriting.

Anyway, fingers crossed we can work something out—hooks in the water, but nothing to say. It will be here first if you hear about MM, not "some guy" on FB.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy

We hope to continue having Mego Meet and will enjoy seeing old faces and new ones. The last one was a much-needed "I miss this" turning point for me, at least. Hopefully, we can find a happy medium and see more of the old guard. I think it's a good sign that when I count the people I missed on my hand, I run out of fingers while the "Don't miss" pile stops around my middle finger.
        I think it’s great that despite everything, you still feel having MM is worth the bother. I could totally understand if you decided it wasn’t.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost

I think it’s great that despite everything, you still feel having MM is worth the bother. I could totally understand if you decided it wasn’t.
          Some really good things came out of it this year, just like every year.

Comment

• hizzy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 1, 2023

Could Mego meet ever be in Canada? A man can dream.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm looking forward to Mego-Meet again. When I've attended, I've been glad and enjoyed myself; when I couldn't go, I wished I had.

Last year was a different vibe, and as a MOTU fan I appreciated the variety--but I'm more excited by "what's next."
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by hizzy
                Could Mego meet ever be in Canada? A man can dream.
                You know we held a couple of "Mego North" events in the GTA and they were fun. Heck, most shows in Burlington have at least 3-4 MM members setting up. We're so spread apart here though...

Comment

• justzeg18
                  Career Member
                  • May 5, 2003

PowerCon was a good time but I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

Mego Meet at Power Con was different but good... It was definitely the biggest event I was ever a part of and that was both good and bad, it was also the longest in days show I was ever at and once again that was both good and bad, It was also the most expensive show I have ever been a part of... But the BEST part of Mego Meet at Power Con was it got us back in the room together in what was farrr to long a layoff for us as a community... hopefully 2024 is in the cards for us with ample time to prep for it

Comment

• newlyknighted
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 21, 2010

I was so glad to have the chance to go to Mego Meet for the first time, and join in on the fun with everyone! I hope to shake hands, visit with friendly customizers, hold action figures in my hands, lead the fight for law and order, and return to those thrilling days of yester year as the Mego Meet rides again!
                      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• fun guy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 24, 2011

i would like to know where and when mego meet 2024 will be taking place!

Comment

• MegomanJess
                          MegoHead
                          • Oct 9, 2003

Will Mego Meet be paired with another conversation or event?
                          ~~~ Jess ~~~
                          If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                          http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

• MegomanJess
                            MegoHead
                            • Oct 9, 2003

Originally posted by fun guy
                            i would like to know where and when mego meet 2024 will be taking place!
                            August 17, 18 - Warminster, PA
                            ~~~ Jess ~~~
                            If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                            http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by MegomanJess
                              Will Mego Meet be paired with another conversation or event?
                              Zolocon

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• batty
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 9, 2006

Ever thought about Augusta Ga? We have Joecon every year, and have many guests like Sgt. Slaughter among others. Could have it there or close to it at another venue perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎