Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worst thing that ever happened to your Mego?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by JDeRouen
    A few years ago, three of my Megos - Robin, Hutch, and Wild Bill Hicock - came to life and tried to kill me in my sleep. My cat Milo got involved and that was it for the Megos. He shredded them to pieces. I'll never forget their little screams as, one by one, Milo gnawed their heads off.
    HAH! lol, my cat did the same thing (he still tries to)! not long ago I caught him trying to eat my Human Torch's hands.

Any since there has been so much talk about it, I'll just tell everyone how Potsie fell in the fish tank. Under the shelf where my Mego's are stored I have a fish tank (just a small one with one fish in it) any way, my Mego's fell down while I was moving them and Potsie some how managed to land in the tank (which is amazing if you saw how I had it set up the angle would have been really awkward, as if Potsie WANTED to go in).

the end
    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

A friend's daughter came over and started undressing my Megos at a million miles an hour. Whilst I was trying to put stuff back together, my dog ate my RC Batman cowl...since it was on the floor, and was the same colour and texture as her ball. I eventually turned the remnants of that cowl into my Catman figure's cowl. My dog felt much worse than the girl or her mother did.

Comment

• BubbleGumFink
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jun 16, 2006

Well, this didn't really happen to me, but I still remember my kid brother holding his Batman Mego out the car window like Batman was flying. I berated him the entire time because everyone knows Batman doesn't fly. Then he dropped it right in the middle of a busy intersection and cried the rest of the day. Still makes me chuckle.

Comment

• soldierape
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jun 15, 2007

No harm done......but...

About 9 years ago I happen to be at a small toy show.
          Had a couple of MEGOS with me...One was a boxed Riddler...
          Well this little kid comes up and starts picking up the box, touching it, etc.
          My mother asked him to not to touch it, as it was a very old figure, collectible, etc. His mother comes back and starts yelling at me because my mother told her son not to touch it....The woman obviously didn't know what a MEGO is....LOL! And don't mess with my mother and her son's MEGOS.....LOL! Unfortunately, she is no longer with us, but I love that story of how my mother protected my RIDDLER!...LOL!

Comment

• megomaniac
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 10, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
            my Potsie mego (Happy days must be accident prone) fell in my fish tank by accident.
            I suspect the poor guy was attempting to drown himself after realizing who he was. ("Oh GAWD! I'm POTSIE?!? I don't wanna live anymore!" SPLASH!!)

For me, the only Mego disaster I had was after purchasing three loose minty Buck Rogers figures at a collector shop. They were all in a small box with some guns, so, (not knowing any better) I put one of the guns in Kiler Kane's hand and SNAP!-off comes his thumb. I save the thumb, get the superglue out only to superglue the thumb to my thumb, then in the process of getting the thumb unglued, it fell in the carpet and vanished forever. Next I get Buck and Wilma to go with the set, and instantly Buck's rubberband disintegrates into dust... But on a brighter note, they're easy to fix with those small clear rubber bands used to style hair!

Comment

• kresge1
              Museum_Bozo
              • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by soldierape
              No harm done......but...

About 9 years ago I happen to be at a small toy show.
              Had a couple of MEGOS with me...One was a boxed Riddler...
              Well this little kid comes up and starts picking up the box, touching it, etc.
              My mother asked him to not to touch it, as it was a very old figure, collectible, etc. His mother comes back and starts yelling at me because my mother told her son not to touch it....The woman obviously didn't know what a MEGO is....LOL! And don't mess with my mother and her son's MEGOS.....LOL! Unfortunately, she is no longer with us, but I love that story of how my mother protected my RIDDLER!...LOL!
              Thats what Moms do
              Always protecting us.Great story.Thank you for sharing
              Vinny
              Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by MegoNinja

my question is has any one caused some serious damage to their collection? Such as accidently sitting on a carded figure? Or accidently ripped the cello from a boxed Mego? Or worse yet broken the mask of a RM robin?
                The worst thing that ever happened to my MEGOs was my older brothers.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎