Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I say, let them take their time. Deadlines are stupid. I don't mind waiting.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I am fine with it, as long as Williams scores it. His calendar could conflict with Spielberg's Ready Player One.

Williams is essential.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Apparently the delay is because of a script rewrite. The current script introduced a couple new female characters that got quite a bit of screen time. The rewrite will reduce their roles and concentrate even more on Rey, Finn, and Poe. Not surprising after the great reception all received..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I read that too but I am finding this hard to believe. the 3 new characters in 7, Rey, Finn and Poe were billed as the next generation. do you really believe they were not going to have large roles in the next movie? rey is the central character in Ep 7. there is something else afoot here, me thinks

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

JJ: You see, Rey gets trained by a cranky old hermit Jedi. Meanwhile, her friends Finn and Poe are captured in a "cloud city"...

Katherine Kennedy: Early reviews of Force Awakens say it borrows too much from Episode IV.

JJ: Dang, they are on to us! We may need some rewrites.

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Ha,Ha!

Maybe the First Order will build five new Death Stars so they can form a defensive pattern and protect each other from the Resistance.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Turning Episode 8 into a rehash of Empire wouldn't be too difficult. Finn could be captured by the First Order and reprogrammed into a Stormtrooper. The First Order baddies use Finn as bait to get Rey. Rey breaks off her training to go save her friend. Rey fights a light saber duel with Kylo Ren but may be too late to rescue Finn. If Rey is a Skywalker then chances are she ends up with a mechanical hand at the end of the movie.

I don't mind waiting a little longer for Episode 8. It's a much shorter wait than the three years between the original movies.
                Last edited by phil; Jan 22, '16, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Wow... I hope their attorneys were awake when they did this. I know parody gives you wiggle room but...REALLY?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Gene Simmons looks like old, sadly washed-up Bela Lugosi there.

Gene Simmons: The Ed Wood Years.

But yeah, that's lawsuit worthy, me thinks.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

A lawsuit, or threat of one, would give Kiss a lot of publicity that they wouldn't get otherwise. Perhaps that's the strategy.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Just back from my third time.

I was wondering if anyone knows:

1. In Rey's vision (holding the lightsaber for the first time), she sees Kylo Ren, backed up by several dark figures. Any idea who they were?

2. Is Rey's staff made up of lightsaber parts? Seems like some bits are recognizable.

3. Could Snoke have been cloned from the remains of Anakin? As Kylo has the Vader helmet, he was at the cremation site. I've seen comparison photos of ROTJ's Vader unmasked and Snoke, they are similar, but why would his scars have been cloned as well? Kylo Ren mentioned Clone Troopers, so the procedure must still be in use.
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                          Just back from my third time.

1. In Rey's vision (holding the lightsaber for the first time), she sees Kylo Ren, backed up by several dark figures. Any idea who they were?

2. Is Rey's staff made up of lightsaber parts? Seems like some bits are recognizable.

3. Could Snoke have been cloned from the remains of Anakin? As Kylo has the Vader helmet, he was at the cremation site. I've seen comparison photos of ROTJ's Vader unmasked and Snoke, they are similar, but why would his scars have been cloned as well? Kylo Ren mentioned Clone Troopers, so the procedure must still be in use.
                          I like this Snoke idea. Very interesting.

It would be great if Rey still has the staff and someone uses The Force to pull apart the staff and assemble a new lightsaber out of the floating pieces.

Perhaps there is a crystal hidden in there somewhere.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I have also heard rumors rey is Anakin reincarnated. all interesting, but we will just have to wait another 22 months to find out

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

I hope Snoke is a new character and not some rehash of a previous character. Star Wars needs to move forward occasionally rather than just keep repeating the past.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Gorn Captain

Those are the mysterious "Knights of Ren". Snoke states that Kylo is their master in the movie.

There certainly seem to be pieces of her staff that resemble Darth Maul's lightsaber and Mace Windu's from TPM.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎