Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

interesting theory, but I don't think so

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Whatever Rey's background is I hope it's a story that will be worth telling and told well.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Interesting summary of some rumoured deleted stuff from TFA:

On Tuesday Peter Sciretta posted on Slashfilm a compilation of 20 scenes he says were cut from “The Force Awakens." These were cuts, says Sciretta, that helped reduce its length by some 20 minutes.

A few highlights:

* The movie was to begin as long rumored, with Luke’s lightsaber – the one lost on Bespin along with Luke’s hand – tumbling through space toward a planet. “This shot was cut late in the process,” according to Sciretta.

* Alan Dean Foster’s novelization of “The Force Awakens” appears to confirm Leia was to appear much earlier in the movie, instructing an envoy to urge the less corrupt elements of the Galactic Senate to act quickly against Snoke’s increasingly powerful First Order.

* At some point Maz Kanata was even more Yoda-y, using The Force to bring a ceiling down on some troublesome Stormtroopers.

* The novelization suggests that Jakku junk dealer Unkar Plutt follows Rey to Maz’s castle, angry about her theft of The Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca attempts to effect Rey’s rescue through intimidation, but is only mocked by Plutt for having only one functional arm. Chewie reciprocates by ripping Plutt’s arm from his torso and tossing the dismembered limb onto a gaming table. (This may be the “arm moment” to which Daisy Ridley refers in the video above.) “They reshot some of Maz’s castle scenes,” writes Sciretta.

* Remember that shot from the trailer in which somebody hands Leia a lightsaber? That somebody is Maz, who in an earlier cut made her way to the Resistance’s base on D’Qar.

* According to Sciretta, Rey’s vision originally contained a shot of Vader dismembering Luke on Bespin. (In the finished film we see something perhaps even cooler: Rey stumbling through a Bespin corridor (!) as Luke can be heard screaming “No!”)

* A scene was apparently shot in which Kylo Ren boards the Falcon and enters its cockpit, presumably a place he well recognizes from his childhood as Ben Solo.

* In a deleted action sequence near Starkiller Base, Rey and Finn were to steal a snowspeeder in an effort to elude pursuing Stormtroopers.

* Dialogue from trailers and promos that did not make its way into the movie:
        Maz: “Who are you?”
        Rey: “I’m no one.”
        Maz: “Just let it in.”
        Finn: “I’ve got nothing to fight for.”
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

My buddy Ryan Daly believes Rey may be the granddaughter of Obi Wan. I actually like this theory! It's not as obvious as the Luke/daughter one, and it's more poetic, making the current story a battle between the granddaughters of Obi Wan and Anakin...PLUS, Kylo Ren was named after Obi Wan!

That theory, and many others are discussed on Rob Kelly's Film and Water podcast episode, which also features the Irredeemable Shag and yours truly.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I went and saw it again today. enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around. I believe Rey is Luke's daughter. all the clues point to it. the lightsaber called to her, R2 woke up when she came to the base after sensing her presence. Leia seemed to know her once she saw her. the luke Skywalker music played when she pulled the lightsaber to her. All points to her being Skywalker bloodline. Since Han did not seem to know her, that makes her Lukes kid.

for what is worth, my wife, who is at best a casual fan, loved the movie. my sister, who is not a fan at all, now wants to go watch all the movies because she does not remember them from us growing up

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              I enjoyed it that Chewie got so much action, instead of just "walking carpet" remarks. To me, he's captain of the Falcon now.
              I do have the feeling we might see Lando aboard again...
              Rumor has it Lando is suppose to show up in either Episode VIII or IX.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                yeah, this time out the cantina band will need banjos. Its amazing that in this huge galaxy, almost everyone is related.
                This is what always bugged me as a kid after I saw Return of the Jedi. Star Wars (new hope) introduced me to this giant place - a galaxy.... far, far away. After the Leia reveal in Jedi, it felt more like that dysfunctional family from around the corner who was always causing trouble in the neighborhood. Prequels only made things tighter with little Ani making C3PO, and all the stormtroopers lesser Fetts. Maybe when R2 wakes up, we will find out the whole story has been a droid dream.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

Took my wife to see it yesterday. Her first time seeing , my second. She works with lots of SW fans who had seen the movie opening week and a few who had gone again.
                  So I suggested we watch the original 3 since ahe did not see them. I have to say I liked it better the 2nd time around. The movie has a great flow to it.
                  My wife knew the spoiler going in but was not aware of the Kylo Ren connection. She immediately asked if Rey was Luke's daughter. I told her I didn't know and she didn't believe me.
                  Anyway, the first thing she says after its all over was, that was, it's better than the other movies.
                  I knew she was going to say that.
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

loved the movie. saw it twice already
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Rumor has it Lando is suppose to show up in either Episode VIII or IX.
                      That would be great. Hopefully not just a rumor.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                        That would be great. Hopefully not just a rumor.
                        Seems like it's just that.. Williams was asked about a Lando appearance a couple weeks ago:

Mr. Williams, unfortunately you didn’t return as Lando in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Can you tell what the reason for this is? And will you be back for Episode VIII?

I do not know the reason. I think the character of Lando just didn’t fit into the story line. I saw the movie and loved it and can see why Lando wasn’t in it. If they asked me to come back for Episode VIII I would love to do it but right now I have not been asked and I do not know their plans.

Tien jaar geleden, in 2005, had ik de eer om Billy Dee Williams – die we allemaal uiteraard kennen als Lando Calrissian – te interviewen toen hij in Nederland was (dit interview kun je hier lezen). Enkele dagen geleden kreeg ik (met dank aan zijn vertegenwoordigers) wederom de kans om enkele vragen aan hem te stellen! Met trots presenteert StarWarsAwakens.nl nu dit exclusieve interview met de Baron Administrator van Cloud City himself: Billy Dee Williams! Mr. Williams, unfortunately you didn’t […]

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          I went and saw it again today. enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around. I believe Rey is Luke's daughter. all the clues point to it. the lightsaber called to her, R2 woke up when she came to the base after sensing her presence. Leia seemed to know her once she saw her. the luke Skywalker music played when she pulled the lightsaber to her. All points to her being Skywalker bloodline. Since Han did not seem to know her, that makes her Lukes kid.

for what is worth, my wife, who is at best a casual fan, loved the movie. my sister, who is not a fan at all, now wants to go watch all the movies because she does not remember them from us growing up
                          loved it both times I saw it..But I have a feeling it's Han's and Leia's daughter.. Remember Leia and Luke were separated at birth..I think they did the same here and Leia might not even know it. Remember when Kylo ren was reading her thoughts , she thought of Han as a father..she has the Skywalker blood from her grandfather so the light sabre could easily call to her. It's too simple to assume that Luke's the father, plus not to mention remember Jedi's are not suppose to have a chick or a kid..That's eventually what turned Anakin into Vader.. and Luke still looks like a good guy. i don't know that's just what i got out of it..plus what could be more cool then rey!! I am you brother!!
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by toys2cool
                            loved it both times I saw it..But I have a feeling it's Han's and Leia's daughter.. Remember Leia and Luke were separated at birth..I think they did the same here and Leia might not even know it. Remember when Kylo ren was reading her thoughts , she thought of Han as a father..she has the Skywalker blood from her grandfather so the light sabre could easily call to her. It's too simple to assume that Luke's the father, plus not to mention remember Jedi's are not suppose to have a chick or a kid..That's eventually what turned Anakin into Vader.. and Luke still looks like a good guy. i don't know that's just what i got out of it..plus what could be more cool then rey!! I am you brother!!
                            -but, I do wonder if Yoda and Ben bothered to tell Luke to take a vow of celibacy.

The downfall of The Empire seemed to be the greatest importance for the Jedi and the Rebels.

Anyway, Lucas made it clear that he had no influence over Episode VII, so Disney, in theory, could take Star Wars any direction, including passing a new Jedi law that allows Jedi Knights to be married and allows them to have children.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 13, 2009

After Return of the Jedi, Luke is the last of the Jedi. Does the Jedi Code still apply to him (or even exist) at that point?

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

Went this afternoon and saw it for a third time. Still catching stuff I missed seeing before and enjoyed it again!
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡