Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Same here. Third time for me and the boy, second time for wife and daughter. Still a whole lot of fun!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I've seen it three times now. One of those in 3D. Don't normally care for 3D but I did like the way it was used with this movie. I seem to enjoy the movie a little more each time I see it. It's not a perfect movie but it is a good start to a new trilogy of Star Wars movies. Unlike the prequels we don't already know how this trilogy will end.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I think Lucas and Ford should team up and make a new Grumpy Old Men movie.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

We're now in the Roddenberry zone with Lucas. Both got their chance to re-make their creations THEIR way, with little interference (Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Prequels), and both jettisoned the humor and character that fans keyed in favor of spectacle. The fans flocked, but ultimately rejected much of what was given to them, preferring the old material the creators now deemed somewhat unworthy. Then, others came and rejuvenated the franchises by re-injecting those very things the creators of the properties chose to excise (Wrath of Khan and now Force Awakens). I wonder if George will grumble about every subsequent film, and say he had a better story in mind, like Roddenberry?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I enjoyed the heck out of TFA, but there will always be a part of me that will wonder what his ideas were. I don't always agree with him, but I do have a great deal of respect for him.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Hopefully his version will be in book or comic form someday. I think that would be very interesting.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Definitely, but sadly I doubt we will see the Lucas story treatments prior to his death. I disagree with him 25% of the time, and agree with him 75% of the time, but I think he's endlessly fascinating. If you haven't watched the full Charlie Rose interview on Hulu, I highly recommend it. You may not come away loving him, but the bold thing about him is, that' not what he's after.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                      . You may not come away loving him, but the bold thing about him is, that' not what he's after.
                      Nothing really different or bold about it, in my opinion. He has always had good and bad interviews and can exhibit varying levels of contempt and or lack of appreciation for his fans and audience. He just seemed to be in his grumpy phase during that interview. But, from what I've read, afterword he had regretted his negativity in that interview and no doubt his next one will be more upbeat and gracious towards Disney and the new movie.

The movie is doing what he wanted and sold SW to Disney in the first place. Attract a whole new generation of fans and continue the stories.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Absolutely. He really has no right to complain. No one forced him to sell. And yet, I stand by my statement that it takes a bold filmmaker to not always want to pander to the audience, as crazy as that sounds. He does what he wants, because he can. But once he inked the deal, that was it, and he has to let it go.

I listened to the whole interview on my ipod at the gym today. I'm disappointed he can't be more excited about passing the torch, but at the same time admire his brutal honesty. Now, if only he could stay consistent in what he says, and not revise his statements. (There's that 25 % I disagree with). Grumpy? Yes. But he's earned it, God bless him. I realize SW was a collaboration, but Uncle George gave me a terrific childhood, and a whole lot of fun flicks and stories to enjoy.
                        Last edited by Hedji; Jan 4, '16, 9:15 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I don't agree with all of this, but it's an interesting read.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...george-awakens

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The prequels had their fair share of misguided pandering. Jar Jar for example was created to pander to little kids and sell toys and candy. Problem is people and kids hate him. The original trilogy was also full of pandering. Leia's metal bikini for teens and Ewoks were created to sell toys. BB-8 is pandering too. But people don't care because he is so darn cute and lovable.

I also think he could be a smidge less grumpy considering life of wealth, privilege and independence the SW movies and merchandise afforded him.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                              That 80's guy
                              • Jul 27, 2011

I think he has a case of sellers remorse.

If it bothers him enough he does have enough money where he could do animated versions for his and his friends enjoyment. Maybe put it in a vault to be seen someday.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Jar Jar for example was created to pander to little kids and sell toys and candy. Problem is people and kids hate him.
                                Yeah, I'm just gonna put this here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎