Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
    One of my oldest friends is a senior engineer at Disney.

He said he fell asleep several times during the movie.
    Just how "senior" is he?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Even though some of the humor in Force was a bit much at times, it still worked.
      I disliked Kylo Ren before seeing the movie, but now his character (confused young man, looking for his identity) makes sense. Even the look of his helmet fits well. Ren's tantrums may seem comical at first, and not right for a SW movie, but they are normal human behavior, so why wouldn't they be used in the movie?
      Sometimes our need to analyze everything gets in the way of just having a good time and enjoying what we do get.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

just enjoy the ride people, it's Star Wars, not War and Peace. I loved it and plan on seeing it again this week, maybe more than once. getting to see Han and Chewie in action again was awesome and worth seeing the movie in and of itself. the internet age of over analyzing everything gets old

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I enjoyed it that Chewie got so much action, instead of just "walking carpet" remarks. To me, he's captain of the Falcon now.
          I do have the feeling we might see Lando aboard again...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

would be cool to see Lando back in action but Billy Dee is almost eighty so I don't know how much action he would be doing

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Just how "senior" is he?
              46. He also has Crohn's disease, twin four year old girls, and works long hours, so he generally falls asleep at most movies.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                46. He also has Crohn's disease, twin four year old girls, and works long hours, so he generally falls asleep at most movies.
                I have Crohn's disease as well, luckily, it's very mild though. I can see how one with a severed condition might not enjoyed sitting still for more than two hours watching a movie.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  would be cool to see Lando back in action but Billy Dee is almost eighty so I don't know how much action he would be doing
                  He's only five years older than Ford. I'm sure Mr Williams would jump at the chance for at least a cameo.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

yes, only five years in age, but not even close in terms of physical shape. Harrison ford has kept in shape all these years. I think Billy Dee drank too many colt 45's, LOL

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

If Lando comes back, his ship should have the name Colt in it, and he needs to have some kind of easy on the eyes female alien sidekick.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

they will probably bring him back in the next movie. I had been thinking that all along, he only came into the picture in Empire, so they will bring him back in the second of this trilogy. maybe he will be running a retirement colony and scamming all the rich elderly people

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^ I think those sort of cameos are essential in films like this.

Amongst the many, many things wrong with the (British) The Avengers film was the absence of Diana Rigg and Patrick Macnee, whose voiceover hardly counted. You could see that the role Eileen Atkins ended up with was meant for Rigg.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

^^you are absolutely correct. I am hoping they bring back Dennis Lawson as Wedge, at least for a cameo. he made it through all 3 movies against the Empire, he deserves a spot in the resistance leadership

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                                valar morghulis
                                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                ^^you are absolutely correct. I am hoping they bring back Dennis Lawson as Wedge, at least for a cameo. he made it through all 3 movies against the Empire, he deserves a spot in the resistance leadership
                                He was offered an appearance in Force Awakens, but he declined it. I doubt they would offer him anything further.

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎