Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Force Awakens Spoiler Slumber Party!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
    Star Wars has always needed Harrison Ford more than Harrison Ford has needed Star Wars.
    The man deserves the highest respect for keeping his priotities in order.
    Well said!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

absolutely true. Ford may think the Han Solo character is shallow/without depth, but the fans of the world love him. the franchise needed to bring him in, no matter the cost and clearly it was well worth the investment. as far as Carrie Fisher, well, she is nowhere near the star power Ford is, and she never was. In addition her part of way smaller than Ford's in the movie

if he got that much for this movie, I wonder what he is getting for the next one, if rumors be true about Han being in VIII

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        In addition her part of way smaller than Ford's in the movie if he got that much for this movie, I wonder what he is getting for the next one, if rumors be true about Han being in VIII
        I don't think there are any "rumors", other than just random speculation from random people. I put zero stock in it.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I like that BB-8's head reminds me of Kenner's original little R2 figure, with that big eye.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

That They Live parody is hilarious! And yes, BB-8 does resemble the Kenner R2, now that I think of it!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

This made me laugh.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

One thing that did disappoint me was John Williams' score. I don't recall any new memorable music taking place, it was nice hearing the old themes, but there was no new music that really stuck with me, it was kind of generic. Even the prequels had some cool new themes.

We ended up seeing this in 3D, but the effect didn't have too many "wow" moments, except one shot where the front of a Star Destroyer looked like it was popping right off the screen and over the audience. That shot alone almost made it worth the extra ticket price.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by MegoScott
                    Captain Phasma was a bit of a pushover, wasn't she?
                    Cool fashion, no substance. I was hoping her character would be the most compelling. Oh well, maybe she comes back and does something of consequence?

There were other characters of the same ilk… anyone know about the two shiny white faceless (Snow?) troopers that briefly appeared? Was KR hitting his Chewie-wound to dial up more darkness to keep fighting Rey? Oh, and was it me or was Carrie Fisher's face and neck CGI'd? There was something weird going on there.

Enjoyed it for what it was, much like the Apes reboot…*fun, but likely no true greatness to be found in the annals of cinema other than paydays.
                    Last edited by Confessional; Dec 21, '15, 8:31 PM. Reason: …blaster power!

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
                      Was KR hitting his Chewie-wound to dial up more darkness to keep fighting Rey?.
                      Good question! I like that explanation!

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Meanie - I get your comparison between what Abrams attempted - and did pull off - and what Marvel/DC are doing. I think you're right in that context.

But I keep hearing from a different subsets of people and what I can surmise is if they want the nostalgia, they love the movie. If they wanted a real sequel, they're not happy.

My nephew in college grew up on the prequels. First movie he saw in theater was Phantom. He lived and dies Clones because he was the perfect age for that. He absorbed the extended universe in heavy detail. He knows the fine parts of the latter stuff where I know the OT. And he's bewildered by this movie. He laid out all the Extended elements that were remixed into New Hope's story to make Force Awakens and it really surprised me at how much of a mashup TFA is.

So when Hedji says "let the story unfold" a lot of us can't when we're getting constant nudge-nudge, wink-winks. Some people like that, some of us don't.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

For what it's worth, I do hope they take it into all new territory from here on out. They really have a blank canvas if they want. I think a change of directors is a good thing.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I dig the idea of a rogue deserting Stormtrooper...I have a feeling Finn is going to be a favorite of mine.
                            sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                              • Jan 22, 2008

If it hasn't already been mentioned, Abrams revealed that you did in fact hear both Yoda (Frank Oz), Obi-Wan (Alex Guiness) and (Ewan MacGregor) in Rey's flashback scene.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

yeah that was mentioned.

I have been thinking on the time frames, if Rey is Lukes daughter, and if she was left when Kylo betrayed them, then it looks like she was about 5 there. going by the actresses age - 23 - and assuming the character is around the same age, that means Luke missing for 18 years? and Han off on his own during that time? seems like an awful long time but I guess it does fit since Rey thinks Luke is just a myth

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎