The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harrison Ford reportedly returns for Ep. 7.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    My hope was that they would recast the whole thing.
    That's what I had hoped for too. I'd love a movie that takes place between the Star Wars and Empire.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 22, 2012

Originally posted by underdogdjlsw
      will he survive a death star blast by hiding in a refrigerator?.......just kidding.......

hahahaha!
      Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 22, 2012

I'm curious though, why does everyone just assume he'd be killed off? Harrison Ford always said he wanted to be killed in the original trilogy true, but his reasoning was that it completed Han's story arc in that trilogy if he were to sacrifice himself for his friends. I don't know if that would be as dramatic a story arc after 30 years. When he was new to the whole good guy help the rebels thing, I could see it. But after living through the fight against the Empire and presumably still in touch with the original characters, this just doesn't seem as dramatic a story turn for Han. Just my opinion...
        Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

I would like to see Hamill return as Luke.
          It's clearly perfect for him to now assume the Obi-Wan type of role; an older character training the next generation of Jedi.
          I imagine him bearded... sort of like in Slipstream, but obviously older.

And Leia could certainly appear, having ascended to a kind of Mon Mothma position.
          Or perhaps even Chancellor, if the movies decide to have the Senate restored as the legislative body of the galaxy.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jimsmegos
            Mego Dork
            • Nov 9, 2008

Watching Jedi last night I can so see an old cranky Solo. No patience for droids... still cynical of the Force... Taking the Falcon out for joy rides running over the young whipper snappers who don't know what real war looks like. And then of course he could still get up of his hover round and kick some loud mouth punks posterior.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I imagine a Gran Torino style Eastwood-Ford mix.
              Solo shuffles over to the Falcon, and young Jawas have sprayed graffiti on the side.
              "Damn kids!!!"
              He makes a fist, then his back goes out.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

.......... I don't wanna see Han, Luke or Leia.
                I want Something New. Like the Cartoon.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Worry not, BK. Since Disney has the license, expect all sorts of SW goodness besides episodes 7, 8, and 9. The Old Republic, 1313, Legacy... all of it belongs to Disney now and they're gonna be pumping out product for years to come.
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MegoCapnMike
                    I'm curious though, why does everyone just assume he'd be killed off? Harrison Ford always said he wanted to be killed in the original trilogy true, but his reasoning was that it completed Han's story arc in that trilogy if he were to sacrifice himself for his friends.
                    That's even MORE reason for us talking about Han being killed off. It would be in the tradition of Kenobi... besides, ALL old charcters die in the Star Wars movies. Kenobi, Yoda, Vader, Emperor, Darth Tyranus/Dooku... it's convenient... you get the drama without killing off a fresh-faced movie star. It's why it made sense NOT to kill Ford in the 80s.

Originally posted by MegoCapnMike
                    ... and presumably still in touch with the original characters...
                    Not in my version. He was estranged from his wife and had gone AWOL from the new military (ironically, that he had helped establish) for years. Unfortunately, they're not doing my version
                    Last edited by huedell; Mar 3, '13, 7:13 AM.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                      Worry not, BK. Since Disney has the license, expect all sorts of SW goodness besides episodes 7, 8, and 9. The Old Republic, 1313, Legacy... all of it belongs to Disney now and they're gonna be pumping out product for years to come.
                      Bingo
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                        Thats what kinda worries me. I hope they keep a decent quality from film to film.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Have they officially chosen a director now?

I mean, I like Abrams, but I started thinking: this guy had Spock and Uhura french-kissing. What will he change in Star Wars?
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• dee T.
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 25, 2012

As much as I like hearing this news of his return, I gotta wonder if he's even going to be feasible to return as the bad *** Han Solo we all liked. He's like 70 years old now!?
                            Clothes make the doll

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by dee T.
                              As much as I like hearing this news of his return, I gotta wonder if he's even going to be feasible to return as the bad *** Han Solo we all liked. He's like 70 years old now!?
                              It's not his job to be that "bad ***" character. Like you said, he's 70. Leave the "bad ***" stuff to the young star(s) of the film.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                                Have they officially chosen a director now?

I mean, I like Abrams, but I started thinking: this guy had Spock and Uhura french-kissing. What will he change in Star Wars?
                                I'm right there with you. I don't know how anyone looks at ST TOS and comes up with the Uhura/Spock storyline. I was totally on board with everything else, but that whole concept sticks in my craw.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎