Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

I can see why it's a cult classic but I gotta say I hated this film. The coolest part was when the dude got sucked out of the air lock but all in all, it was pretty awful. I thini Laurence Fishburn is an acquired taste when it comes to his acting and Sam Neil wasn't allowed to star in movies soon after he made this. I saw Pandorum a couple of years ago and it reminded me of this movie but I thought Pandorum was much better. I also remember getting pulled over on the way home after seeing this film and getting a massive speeding ticket. I've always associated the film with the ticket too.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>What I think irked a lot of SF fans is the ship tried to go to hyperspace and engaing the drive opened the door to hell or something,(?).

That part reminded me of Warhammer 40K.

Don C.

Comment

• Dr. Phibes
        • Feb 2, 2008

I liked this movie and found it quite original. No it is not perfect but what movies are? I can never understand why some movies go over well and some don't. I guess I'll have to pull it off the shelf and watch it again as its been awhile.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

I loved this movie. Sam Neil's explanation of folding space is the best explanation of science in a Sci-Fi film to date. Which brings up another point. The premise was they were creating a Singularity onboard the ship to move through space. Not traveling though a wormhole like hyperspace. The sets where another great "Charactor" of the movie. The design of the Event Horizon ship was so gothic and beautiful. One intriguing thing for me is did they actually warp their way into hell or did they create a the hell? Kinda like a "Sphere" type thing?
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Thor
            Thunder God
            • Dec 17, 2009

I actually liked this film when I saw it in theaters.
            sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

It's not a terrible film by any means. It has some very interesting and disturbing ideas in there.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Funkyterrance
                Museum Super Collector
                • Feb 15, 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Phibes
                I liked this movie and found it quite original. No it is not perfect but what movies are? I can never understand why some movies go over well and some don't. I guess I'll have to pull it off the shelf and watch it again as its been awhile.
                Have you ever had the perfect hamburger? I have. Perfection can be attained in movies, just requires being immersed in the process, quality ingredients and of course talent. This movie smelled as though it was lacking in all three.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Always been a big fan. Nice and solid hardcore SF.
                  Bought the box set a while ago, with many documentaries. It's shaped like the bow of the ship, and when you open it, you see all the gore and skeletons inside!
                  Pandorum, with Dennis Quaid, is actually rather similar in style to Event Horizon, so maybe check that one out, too?
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                    Always been a big fan. Nice and solid hardcore SF.
                    Bought the box set a while ago, with many documentaries. It's shaped like the bow of the ship, and when you open it, you see all the gore and skeletons inside!
                    Pandorum, with Dennis Quaid, is actually rather similar in style to Event Horizon, so maybe check that one out, too?
                    PANDORUM was a pretty good sci-fi/horror flick, too, Gornie!
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Pandorum is awesome too...

sigpic

Comment

• Funkyterrance
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Feb 15, 2012

Never seen Pandorum but I'll try anything once.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎