X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
    I still say it'll be time for an older actor to assume the role of the Doctor once Smith ends his tenure.

The dynamic of a younger companion/older Doctor is something that's been missing for a long while.
    The older doctors also tended to have male companions as well didn't they? Someone who can do action scenes.

I understand that Harry was initially cast because they were thinking of going with an older actor to play the Doctor number four, but when Tom Baker was cast, he ended up being redundant? Not that the initial straight man comedy of that first episode wasn't enjoyable, but I guess not sustainable.

As charismatic as Captain Jack Harkness is, again redundantly roguish given that he was paired with the more roguish of Doctors as well as arguable one of the more physical of the Doctors.

LOVED the dynamic between Tennant and Donna's grandfather though. I wish could have gone one for longer (not within the episode, which seemed like an eternity for the death scene... i meant across more episodes).

Rory turned out to be quite good at calling out The Doctor on his bullstuff. Some very memorable episodes where Rory gets to be the one pointing out the emperor might not have clothes.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

just bring back Rose

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

I love Rose ..... but if she comes back before a 50th anniversary story i will scream.
        just like i hate that Amy and Rory will be in episodes this year. They had a fine ending last year, let them rest until the 50 ann. as well.
        I would love to see an older Doctor again , but as said here they won't go there and risk the ratings.
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎