Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

The invulnerable aspect of Jason is one of the reasons why I do like that franchise.... the way he's despatched at the end of every movie only to be resurrected again at the start of the next in true classic monster style.

Ultimately of course, we get Jason X... where he takes his killing sprees into space and gets a cybernetic upgrade. The perfect end to the F13 cycle.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

It's got to be Friday the 13th. I liked Halloween but Jason was way scarier looking to me.
      Sammy

Comment

• bluebird
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2, 2011

Just watched the re-make of Friday the 13th and thought it was fantastic

Comment

• BOTZWANA
          spam
          • May 28, 2009

Friday for me. They stabbed him a few times and he can live through it. Halloween JUMPED the shark when Laurie shoots Micheal point blank in each eye with a gun two feet away and he is ok...He doesn´t die from being shot twice in the head. I call bullcrap! Not to mention in part 4 he is not even blind! He survived supposedly but is not blind from being shot twice? One in each eye?

Yeah Friday the 13th AT LEAST in the first 4 movies keeps some sort of realism...

Comment

• bluebird
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2, 2011

After now watching nearly all the movies of both I am Swayed to Halloween only one I havent watched yet is The Curse of Michael myers. I also watched the Rob Zombie Halloween re-make and thought his 1st film was fantastic, showing how Michael become what he did, wasnt to fussed on his 2nd one mind

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

To me,the original Friday was like Psycho in reverse.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Den82

I also think Halloween III is the BEST of all the sequels.
                WHAT!?!? That movie might have been passable if they hadn't called it Halloween. It was an interesting plot, but not Halloween.

I am a big time fan of the Halloween series. I feel it has held a very plausible story line. Friday The 13th was awesome to watch, but not a "good" series. All over the place with story lines.

Zombie's take on the remake was brilliant. It added so much more character development to Carpenter's '78. Keep in mind that Carpenter didn't even come up with the "sister" concept until the sequel.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jun 1, 2011

Originally posted by bluebird
                  After now watching nearly all the movies of both I am Swayed to Halloween only one I havent watched yet is The Curse of Michael myers. I also watched the Rob Zombie Halloween re-make and thought his 1st film was fantastic, showing how Michael become what he did, wasnt to fussed on his 2nd one mind
                  That's the way to do it. Watch all of them *except* Curse, and you should be fine.

Although I liked the concept of Myers as an unstoppable, unreasoning force in the original series, from a story standpoint I thought the first Zombie movie was an interesting take on making Myers a sympathetic character. The second Zombie movie, though, was just a mess.
                  Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                    70's Era Pimp
                    • Sep 7, 2011

Actually, if you watch the "producers" cut of Halloween 6 (Curse) then you will be pleasantly surprised. The theatrical release is amazingly different and worse for it. They had to cut the hell out of the movie before release because Donald Pleasance died after filming. The "producer's" cut has around 45 minutes of different footage. The plot is similar, but has more information that allows it to make sense. Seriously. Look for it.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 1, 2011

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
                      WHAT!?!? That movie might have been passable if they hadn't called it Halloween. It was an interesting plot, but not Halloween.

I am a big time fan of the Halloween series. I feel it has held a very plausible story line. Friday The 13th was awesome to watch, but not a "good" series. All over the place with story lines.

Zombie's take on the remake was brilliant. It added so much more character development to Carpenter's '78. Keep in mind that Carpenter didn't even come up with the "sister" concept until the sequel.
                      Well, originally, after the success of the first two movies, the plan was going to be to produce a different horror movie called "Halloween" every year or so. It's an interesting concept, kind of like Horrorfest, but they soon realized that people were only interested in seeing Myers, so they switched back to the tried and true format for the rest of the franchise.

If you notice, though, there is some tie-in later on with the Thorn corporation of III to the rest of the series.
                      Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jun 1, 2011

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
                        Actually, if you watch the "producers" cut of Halloween 6 (Curse) then you will be pleasantly surprised. The theatrical release is amazingly different and worse for it. They had to cut the hell out of the movie before release because Donald Pleasance died after filming. The "producer's" cut has around 45 minutes of different footage. The plot is similar, but has more information that allows it to make sense. Seriously. Look for it.
                        Sounds interesting. I'll have to look for that.

Of course, it's been a long time, so I'd have to watch 4, 5, and 6 again to catch up, and I think my brain might fight me over the cognitive dissonance of Paul Rudd in a Halloween movie.

I'll risk it though! :-)

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎