X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by ANTONY-S
    I can't stand the modern bsg , very cold , bland series.....will someone tell me what is going on with film makers that think having a vibrating camera and zooming in and out of shot is somewhat cool? , it looks like a novice has filmed it.
    I think that is called Documentary Style Camerawork. CMonster could explain it better but basically it's supposed to create the illusion that you are seeing something that actually happened. It's as if someone was filming it on the scene and hurriedly trying to focus the camera on what is happening because they really don't know what will occur next.

It allegedly removes a barrier between the audience and the film. If you ever watched Full Metal Jacket, NYPD Blue, JFK, The Blair Witch Project or the Clone Battle in Attack of the Clones, parts of Iron Man maybe, The Hurt Locker,(?), you will see that style of camerawork imitated in parts of or all of those shows and films, (there are probably many other examples I haven't seen). The TV show COPS & some reality TV series are real examples of that style.
    Last edited by johnmiic; Oct 24, '11, 7:59 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Okay, let's go with it.

If Singer isn't the right person for the BSG movie, then who would you suggest?
      Off the top of my head, here is my short list:

Danny Boyle
      Jason Reitman
      Duncan Jones
      Edgar Wright
      Wachowski siblings

Of them, I think the best choice would be Edgar Wright. "Scott Pilgrim" was brilliant. Sure, you tend to think of him as more of a comedy director, but all his movies contain a lot of action. And he is clearly a sci-fi geek. If he didn't approach it as a joke (like "Green Hornet"), I think he could make a great, stylish, and fun summer blockbuster.

Comment

• ANTONY-S
        Leeds United FC
        • Aug 3, 2009

Well how's about Brandon routh for starbuck?
        my websites:

COMIC BOOK MOVIE TOYS - USA SITE
        COMIC BOOK MOVIE TOYS - UK SITE

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎