Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>I'd rather he did 7-9 than rehash, repackage 1-6.

Me too. I'm a big fan of "new" and "different."

>A friend of mine reckons Lucas is doing Shadows of the Empire

I think that's part of the problem too; if he does the next series, WHICH next series does he do? A lot of the "future" of Star Wars has been mapped out already. Would you do the clone Emperor? Admiral Thrawn? Prince Xisor? The Yuuzhin-vong? Go afield with the Clone Army Kenner proposed back in 84? Do something completely different? No matter which they chose, the outcry would be huge.

Don C.

Comment

• doctor09210
      Banned
      • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      All six Star Wars movies are being re-released in 3D over the coming years, apparently.

It was announced by Lucasfilm quite a while ago.
      Every 6 months

Comment

• raider5gt
        Museum Tree Cutter
        • Nov 25, 2007

The Clone Emperor would sort of fit in with the clone wars theme i guess,Lucas went back and did the prequals,( I know they wern't that great )so Shadows is set inbetween Empire and Jedi and maybe that's the way he may go?Who would play the main characters in Shadows?They are all alot older now.Like you said Don,the outcry would be huge,so maybe the best thing to do is nothing?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>maybe the best thing to do is nothing?

I gtta admit, I REALLY feel sorry for folks who have to tend long-term established franchaises. (Star Wars, Trek, DC, Godzilla....) It seems no matter what you do a goodly number of oldster fans are gonna rage. You don't want to do NOTHING; that doesn't do anybody any good. I think the best thing to do is press ahead with whatever, fans be damned. And I know that sounds really bad.... 'specially to the fans, but no matter what; someone's gonna complain and someone else will love it. Best to do what YOU want and let the pieces fall where they may.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎