Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

did you get any pictures of these scantily clad witches?

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

It's getting fantastic reviews...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - Rotten Tomatoes
      sigpic

Comment

• Megotu
        jerk
        • Dec 16, 2001

Huge Spoiler:

Harry wins.
        sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I enjoyed it. Most of the shows were sold out so had to cough up the extra $4 to watch in 3-D or wait 2 hours. No special edition Harry Potter 3-D glasses and there were a couple of 3-D effects that I enjoyed. Definitely a huge cultural phenomenon that will no doubt be around 100 years from now. I distinctly remember picking up the first book to read to my son (circa 1998), he was 4 and couldn't read. He fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through the first chapter and I couldn't put the book down and I became hooked. He's now 16 (will be 17 later this year).
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

At my theater there were 2 screens available for the midnight show. People showed up to get in line about 28 hours before the show began. They brought tents and blow up mattresses. It wasn't all teen girls. It was a pretty solid mix here. Yes teens and early to mid 20's but guys and girls. It was the guys who brought the tent. This is the first time I've anyone has come this early for a movie at my place since Episode One. Even then, they showed up at 6 am for a midnight show of Star Wars.

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by boynightwing
              At my theater there were 2 screens available for the midnight show. People showed up to get in line about 28 hours before the show began. They brought tents and blow up mattresses. It wasn't all teen girls. It was a pretty solid mix here. Yes teens and early to mid 20's but guys and girls. It was the guys who brought the tent. This is the first time I've anyone has come this early for a movie at my place since Episode One. Even then, they showed up at 6 am for a midnight show of Star Wars.
              And here I thought Fandango would solve that problem. 28 hours to buy tickets to a movie? Wow....
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

I went and saw it last night. It was excellent!

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

It apparently had the best opening weekend of any movie $169M and currently has a worldwide gross of close to $1B less than 2 weeks in!!! Maybe Capt. America will unseat Harry Potter this weekend. I just can't fathom grossing that much money in such a short amount of time.
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Sowth
                    Saw this yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had read the books so have a working knowledge of the overall story, I'd be interested to hear what the more casual observers have to say about it though.

How about we keep this spoiler free for the moment too.

One cool thing was the 3D glasses, they were Harry Potter-style round-frame glasses in a nifty little pouch, check it out:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Sowth/P7120194.jpg
                    Those 3-D glasses are selling for $40+ on Ebay!!! They didn't have anything but normal 3-D glasses here at my local theater. Might as well cash in while the market is hot...you can always buy a pair later when everything cools down.
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I saw Potter today...I was bored...so I went to the movies...lol.

So it was either Potter or Transformers...I chose Potter.

Glad I did...it was a solid movie...I actually enjoyed it a lot...and I'm not even a Potter fan.

Excellent way to end the series.
                      sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Anyone else love the fact that Neville Longbottom was very likely the "real" Chosen One given what happens in this one?

On the night that Sirius died, after the battle at the Ministry of Magic at the end of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore showed Harry, with the aid of his pensieve, the complete Lost Prophecy:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..." (OotP pg 841/741)

As Harry comes to the realization that the prophecy is about himself, Dumbledore tells him, and us:

"The odd thing is, Harry," he said softly, "that it may not have meant you at all. Sibyll's prophecy could have applied to two wizard boys, both born at the end of July that year, both of whom had parents in the Order of the Phoenix, both sets of parents having narrowly escaped Voldemort three times. One, of course, was you. The other was Neville Longbottom." (OotP pg 842/742)
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                          I saw Potter today...I was bored...so I went to the movies...lol.

So it was either Potter or Transformers...I chose Potter.

Glad I did...it was a solid movie...I actually enjoyed it a lot...and I'm not even a Potter fan.

Excellent way to end the series.
                          I'm not a freak fan like I am for LOTR but I like the Harry Potter movies, I've seen them all at the movies, and I gotta say this one was by far the best...pretty much non stop action most of the film

by the way Transformers was decent, the chick was super hot!!

it was just the same ol' crap, but it was entertaining ...Potter was way better though so good choice
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Potter is still a force to be reckoned with...

'Harry Potter' Hits $900M Worldwide in Record Time - Box Office Mojo
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎