X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Star Trek Animated Music on youtube!

Seems this guy figured how to extract the musical soundtrack from the DVD. I don't know how to do this or download it but sounds great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1zW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMeJN...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv0BI...eature=related

This guy's link seems to describe what they did in comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBe6K...eature=related
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Neat !!!

I'm a little ashamed to admit this but I always liked the Animated Series main title music better than the Classic Series main title music.

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

Totally Agreed! TAS has always been highly under-rated in my book.

Popping in a DVD and watching those eps are more fun than watching a lot of the TOS episodes.

None of Filmation's occasional penchant for annoying kids or cute creatures, just well-written science fiction stories with the old cast voices.

Arguably, Filmation at it's creative peak.

david_b
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

Yeah as a kid with my Megos, I always used to think of TAS music with the stories I was doing as I always felt the Megos were based off of the animated likenesses.
        It's all good!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Ahhhh, Star Trek. Love the cartoon.

Comment

• Brianne Elizabeth
            • Mar 17, 2011

I'm just glad TAS is on DVD! Soon I will own a copy....
            Kirk and Spock are good friends.

Comment

• MEMEGO
              Career Member
              • Sep 6, 2007

Loved the series, very well done, and as Trek was, its ahead of its time on animation, look at some of the close ups of th Enterprise, it looks like it was done with CGI. love the new music,however nothing beats the original tv theme from 66-69.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 3, 2007

If I recall correctly the animations of the Enterprise in flight was a rotoscope of a model. I was interested in learning animation but those shots made my drawing skill seem inadequate
                Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Yeah, Filmation often rotoscoped people and models for better looking animation. Some Enterprise sequences look very familiar-almost shot for shot like the SPFX sequences from TOS. That was a huge comfort watching the cartoon. It sent a message that they really cared when making it.

This image became:

This image. See how they simplified it leaving the underside curve out of the edge of the saucer?

This is exactly like the E crossing back and forth over the planet of the week in live action.

I also love this art which may have been based on an early Birds Eye View of the live action bridge. Also notice the outer-ring of consoles & the hand railings are plain circular in this bridge. They are not angular as the live action bridge. This bridge has a secondary exit so it could be an all-new upgraded bridge.

It was groundbreaking at first but I think in the long run they decided to just re-trace everything. It made their shows look too stiff & created a "house style" that seemed to apply to everything they did. The rotoscoping of the ships in their Flash Gordon series were excellent tho!
                  Last edited by johnmiic; Mar 21, '11, 5:35 PM.

Comment

• mego73
                    Printed paperboard Tiger
                    • Aug 1, 2003

They rotoscoped three Enterprise shots from the show.

The Enterprise zipping over the screen, also done for The Cage opening credits and unlike the bridge dome pull up, that was rarely used for stock footage in the show (I think the only time it was used was in Is There In Truth No Beauty).

[email protected]

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I always thought the top bridge shot was inspired by the AMT Bridge model

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

I love the Animated series! I have all of them on tape, the trading cards, and an animation cell (which I have yet to hang). It's just too bad that Chekov and Sulu were omitted. But they could do cool things w/ aliens in animation (Like Bem) that they couldn't do in the 60s series. Though Majel Barrett Roddenberry said she didn't like the animation. She was expecting Disney like, she thought Filmation was too flat.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Sulu wasn't omitted, Sharry

As a matter of fact, besides the voice of Sulu George also talked for a whole host of aliens in the Animated Series

Comment

• johnmiic
                            Adrift
                            • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by mego73
                            They rotoscoped three Enterprise shots from the show.

The Enterprise zipping over the screen, also done for The Cage opening credits and unlike the bridge dome pull up, that was rarely used for stock footage in the show (I think the only time it was used was in Is There In Truth No Beauty).
                            I think the shot you refer to was also used in Where No Man Has Gone Before & By Any Other Name. They seemed to always use it when they had the pink energy barrier. I think there were more but I can't find them all on the web. I'll have to take some screen shot myself for comparison.

Originally posted by Mikey01
                            I always thought the top bridge shot was inspired by the AMT Bridge model
                            Mike, not sure how you got that idea. I think there are at least 2 live action shots that may have inspired them to do that Birds-eye-view shot. I'll have to do some screen capping tonight. This pic of the model box is from a different angle:

Last edited by johnmiic; Mar 21, '11, 6:00 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I think because the captains chair are both similarly incorrect in the model and cartoon --- if i'm remembering correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎