this 1 takes me back...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZIEFUT56k

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Banner
    replied
    Originally posted by samurainoir
    James Earl Jones still gots it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70
    (at the recording for the Star Wars GPS)

ROUNDABOUND!

Actually, I think that's Matt Sloan doing the voice of Vader there. (Same guy who voiced him in The Force Unleashed video game).

Similarly, the Yoda one isn't Frank Oz, I think it's Tom Kane, the guy who voices Yoda in The Clone Wars series.

Leave a comment:

• AcroRay
    replied
    Originally posted by toystalker
    always found him a nice buy though... just a bit thick
    Very interesting observation! (Oh, and I do recall Green Cross Man, from some pages of DOCTOR WHO WEEKLY I got back in the early 80s. )

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    James Earl Jones still gots it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70
    (at the recording for the Star Wars GPS)

ROUNDABOUND!

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    ^That would have been a year or so before he came to our store, so that may be right. Sounds likely.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Banner
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    When Prowse visited our store, he told us of a Star Wars video game he had either shot footage for, or was getting ready to. This was around the time of the first "filmed" games like Wing Commander. So I guess someone at Lucas thought he was crucial enough at that point to get him to come in and wear the suit. He also told us he felt he would probably be involved in at least the last prequel movie. Obviously, that didn't come to be.

Chris

He might have been referring to the SW interactive board game which came with a VHS cassette which you watched as you played the game. That was one of the only times he donned the Vader suit outside of the movies, IIRC.

From Wookieepedia:

"The live-action video on the VHS tape was filmed in 1996. For the new scenes, Hasbro brought back David Prowse to play Vader and James Earl Jones to do the voice of Vader. Some of the crew from A New Hope returned as well to shoot the scenes, including cinematographer Gil Taylor. The scenes would play on an hour-long tape, during which the players would be playing the board game, trying to reach their goal before the tape ends. At various points during the tape, Vader would appear warning in a way the players of what he was about to do. In the video, he wants to turn the Death Star II away from the forest moon of Endor to attempt to destroy another planet."

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jul 13, '10, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    im supprised but not sure that no one mentioned about the fact that he gave away the plot line of the "im your father" story line live on air BEFORE the movie had come out, this is one of the main reason that lucus refusses to have anything to do with him, not because he turns his back on punters or wont sign certain ways... its because the guys always been a few slices short of a loaf! he gave away the plot and lucas has never forgiven him
    Hmmm....I'd heard that Prowse didn't know what the line was. He was just told to just gesture, and only Hamill knew how to react to what Vader was SUPPOSED to say. But that may be bunk.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• toystalker
    replied
    i think its safe to say that we have all encountered different situations with different actors actresses...

someone mentioned anthony daniels... charming? very nice chap? when i met him he was a stuck up *****, didnt have any time for me spoke to me like dirt and was very stern

carrie fisher... did not even raise her head to acknoledge my existance, very bitter

henry winkler... one of the rudest i ever met, never spoke to me and would not have a pic with me, had a poker face on the whole time, very miserable man

dave prowse...
    1st time i met dave i was 5 or 6 years old, he was the green x code man, if your not sure what that is, it was a road saftey campaign and he came to my school and met all the kids, taught us how to cross the road safe and was great fun, since then ive met him like 10-15 times, hes a nice enough guy, always been a bit dim, hes from bristol! LOL, always got a smile on his face, i know the back round to why hes bitter, and i have heard stories that he has been very bitter to some folks... im supprised but not sure that no one mentioned about the fact that he gave away the plot line of the "im your father" story line live on air BEFORE the movie had come out, this is one of the main reason that lucus refusses to have anything to do with him, not because he turns his back on punters or wont sign certain ways... its because the guys always been a few slices short of a loaf! he gave away the plot and lucas has never forgiven him

saw dave not so long back and he was his happy self, he goes to the opening of a brown paper bag... he charges £15-£20 for his scribble and instantly its worth £7.50

always found him a nice guy though... just a bit thick

wierd how we all have a different experience
    Last edited by toystalker; Jul 13, '10, 2:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    When Prowse visited our store, he told us of a Star Wars video game he had either shot footage for, or was getting ready to. This was around the time of the first "filmed" games like Wing Commander. So I guess someone at Lucas thought he was crucial enough at that point to get him to come in and wear the suit. He also told us he felt he would probably be involved in at least the last prequel movie. Obviously, that didn't come to be.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• EMCE Hammer
    replied
    Sounds like Darth Sandman to me.

Leave a comment:

• huedell
    replied
    Originally posted by samurainoir
    (you forgot the part about Prowse's West Country accent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Qnan37HiU

Carrie Fisher has gone on record in interviews stating that his nickname on set was "Darth Farmer" due to the unintimidating very thick rural accent.
    I know that. Fisher's gone on "LUCAS'" record. It'll be hard to convince me
    that with proper EQ & breathing FX/score added, Prowse couldn't've have
    performed a passable if not appropriate performance for Darth.

However, Lucas was looking for something more, and it's indeed nice
    he found Jones.

Leave a comment:

• huedell
    replied
    Originally posted by MIB41
    Jones was not referring to Prowse in that comment. He said it was Kirshner's attempt at the voice. He said Prowse just 'threw the lines out there since he knew he wasn't being used.'
    Yeah...I watched it again. My mistake. (And actually, I've spent a lot of
    time listening to Kirshner's voice, so I get the reference now).

Regardless...I still think Prowse had something mineable, yet, of course
    I'd benefit from more stuff to listen to.

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    Originally posted by huedell
    I believe that Prowse would've possibly worked well enough
    and that the only reason that Lucas decided against Prowse was to search
    for a deeper-voiced actor.

I may have missed something musing on this subject... but that seems appropriate for now.
    (you forgot the part about Prowse's West Country accent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDUdebqDEs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Qnan37HiU

Carrie Fisher has gone on record in interviews stating that his nickname on set was "Darth Farmer" due to the unintimidating very thick rural accent.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    So many people have had bad experiences with Prowse it's weird (and kind of funny) seeing most people take Lucas's side in this

I personally never met Prowse, but to see people take Lucas's side, Prowse has gotta be the biggest d--- ever

Leave a comment:

• jds1911a1
    replied
    Prowse got his screen credit for all 3 films and that is alot more than any of the stormtrooper extras got (even those with lines). for whatever reasons Lucas demmed his vocal performance wasn't deemed right for the film.
    (whether that was the original plan or a desicion in post production). he got his fee for the films in what he probably looked at as a throw away role in a dopey sci fi that wouldn't hurt his carreer since he was masked. He has been able to correlate that into appearance fees and autograph sales ever since. Mush has I hate to support Lucas (since he tends to do stuff about the original trilogy i hate) if lucas chooses not to let him play in the pool at celebration that's his choice it's his show

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎