• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Just hit Ep 5 from season 4.
    Hmm...Interesting.
    I did enjoy Razor very much and seeing a young Adama was very cool.
    I would be down for a very cool cylon first war show.
    I watched razor before I started season 4 but to me it had more of a season 1-2 feel.
    If I was to watch it over again that's how I would do it.
    season 1
    season 2
    Razor in there someplace
    season 3
    BSG:The resistance
    followed by 4
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• garagesale
      Dept. of Mego Studies
      • Aug 8, 2006

I liked the new BSG very much. It did not get really interesting to me until AFTER the miniseries, though. I was thoroughly hooked by S1E2.

Seems a good knowledge of the original series provides a touch more fun, tho. There are little homages here and there. If you can sit through the original series (but probably not Galactica 1980, w/exception of The Return of Starbuck), that might be cool. I've tried watching the original series and found it gut-wrenchingly bad... couldn't get through it! Which is too bad, 'cuz I loved it when I was a kid.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I just got the original series on DVD, since I too, loved it as a kid.

HOLY FRAK! It was sooooooo cheesy!

I loved the costumes, and the storylines were okay, but some of the acting was....how shall I put this.....yawn inducing.

Lorne Greene was a good actor for his day, but he should have retired after Bonanza.

Richard Hatch was too stiff for words.

Dirk Benedict was just about the only one that I actually liked. Okay, he's not an Emmy winner, but he was/is very watchable.

I got a cackle out of Patrick MacNee doing Count Iblis. He's always been a favorite of mine, going back to when they were showing Avengers reruns on late night TV.
        JediJaida

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

So I just finished watching all of season four....
          All I can say after giving this show a fair chance;

I WAS WRONG....
          I must now denounce anything bad I ever said about it.
          While there were aspects I didn't like about it,for the most part it was written and played out well.
          So to all you Fraken BSG lovers out there....I was Fraken wrong ...
          Permission to come aboard???

And StarBuck is a girl after all!!!
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

So say we all, baby, so say we all.
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Fire up the FTL lets jump outta here...

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                I was NEVER here!
                • Jun 22, 2008

I have just finished Season 1. . . . .and have season 2 here ready to go. . . . .AND I AM LOVING IT!!!!!!! So. . . when am I supposed to watch Razor? and did you say there was another stand alone one as well?

Always meant to watch it. . . . but just getting around to it now.

I am also rewatching Smallville seasons 4 and 5, getting ready to watch seasons, 6 and 7 that I haven't seen yet. Is it true they are upto season 9?
                Last edited by AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM; Jan 11, '10, 9:37 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

I loved the new series. I still haven't watched Razor or The Plan; I'm saving them for a special occasion.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

I must get around to watching it again...I loved it when it first came out.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                      I figured I would give the new BSG an honest chance no distractions just me and BSG alone in a 96 acre park all night....
                      All while you're watching all that:
                      Anything....valuable...in that 96 acre park...?

And don't forget: you don't want to miss a single minute, so keep your ears and eyes glued to the screen. Wear headphones, to prevent distractions...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gen.Urko
                        • Jan 7, 2010

I have to agree,loved this show as much as the Planet of the Apes films,tv series and cartoon.I guess the way things are filmed now,produced now,is a far cry from how they used to be done.Those shows were filmed by a different generation(those born in the early 1900`s up to 1930`s),an being so,the actors seem less animated and more like cardboard,more like acting on a stage in a theater.The old Marx Bros movies were like this.But.... I can`t knock it as the ships,uniforms,weapons were very cool,along with some of the stories
                        Originally posted by JediJaida
                        I just got the original series on DVD, since I too, loved it as a kid.

HOLY FRAK! It was sooooooo cheesy!

I loved the costumes, and the storylines were okay, but some of the acting was....how shall I put this.....yawn inducing.

Lorne Greene was a good actor for his day, but he should have retired after Bonanza.

Richard Hatch was too stiff for words.

Dirk Benedict was just about the only one that I actually liked. Okay, he's not an Emmy winner, but he was/is very watchable.

I got a cackle out of Patrick MacNee doing Count Iblis. He's always been a favorite of mine, going back to when they were showing Avengers reruns on late night TV.

Comment

• kennermike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 4, 2007

as a hardcore fan of the original I gave the 2003 mini-series a chance .thought it was Disfunctional ,Full of Disspair.you dont seem to care for the human characters.Heck! your rooting for the cylons to wipe them out .its just 2 diffferent types of shows written by 2 different people with different backgrounds ,Glen Larson and Ron Moore

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Some days I am in the mood for cheese; others despair.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

I need to watch the plan.I haven't seen it yet but watched everything else even Caprica.

Comment

• trekman101
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 6, 2009

I watched "the plan" on Sunday.......it was fine....filled in a lot of the back story of season one
                                "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎