Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!
Help support the Mego MuseumThe Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally saw Dr Who season finale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by ctc
    >shear # of cooks in the kitchen in the scripts lead to plot points that are contradictory to earlier work

Oh, defintiely. ANY series that runs for 30+ years is gonna have that happen. I usually go off the old FASA RPG for my explanations of the wacky stuff. They did a good job explaining everything, and I know when the game came out they were on fairly tight reigns with what they could and couldn't do.

>the fact that BBC does count the movie is it's episode giude for the classic series makes the move cannon

As if on cue; yeah, maybe. They've already contradicted that with the Doctor/Donna bit. Where you couldn't have that weird energy displacement happen with a Time Lord and a human. If so, how could the Doctor be half human? (Which I recall is something mentioned in the Fox movie.) Unless they say that's exaclty WHY it could happen this time.

I think it's entertaining to discuss this sort of thing, but I don't get too hung up on it. Kinda like when I was a kid.

>I have a feeling this also could explain Romana's "regeneration"

That's pretty close to the explanation I'd heard. Some TIme Lords are better at it than others, and she could do mini-regenerations to change her appearance.

Don C.
    I think they explain that the doctor donna thing is becuase she was a human who absorbed regeneration energy where as the tv movie is basically saynig he is a hybrid. either way I just move past it. at this point even the 12 regenerations is meaningless (the master has had 4 bodies since deadly assasin when he was "out of regenerations" and 2 of those had regernation capability) when the arbitrary # was selected I doubt anyone believed the show would still be around this muich later
    QUESTION - was deadly assasin the first time 12 regenerations was mentioned??

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>QUESTION - was deadly assasin the first time 12 regenerations was mentioned??

Hmmmm.... I dunno. I know they mentioned the Master was on his LAST one, but don't know if they gave a number at that point....

Don C.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎