Clear All
  • JPkempo
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 17, 2001

Land of the Lost - film

• apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Whoever came up with this film idea can kiss it, that's all I'm gonna say...

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Is there ANY MOVIE Will Farell is not in ?

I am soooo sick of him.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I'm actually digging the new Sleestak. The could have gone the usual CGI route but instead we get some really nice Sleestak suits.

Scroll to the bottom of this link for a great pic of a group of Sleestaks.

Land of the Lost dot com - News, news and more news
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I'm actually digging the new Sleestak. The could have gone the usual CGI route but instead we get some really nice Sleestak suits.

Scroll to the bottom of this link for a great pic of a group of Sleestaks.

Land of the Lost dot com - News, news and more news
            I looked at that picture, and while it's impressive enough, it looks like a CGI image or an excellent painting... It sure doesn't look like suits to me...

All I can say is that ifthey go with an updated look on the Sleestaks, that may be the only redeeming thing in this schlockfest (well, I think it will be anyway...) I say this because updated "original" Sleestaks are better than the nemesis' they had on that equally stupid updated TV series... Those looked downright horrible...

And once again I'll say it: Had they took a more serious approach to a LOTL film, I'd probably see that... But LOTL, comedy, and Ferrell have nothing in common... The three never should mix...

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by apes3978
              I looked at that picture, and while it's impressive enough, it looks like a CGI image or an excellent painting... It sure doesn't look like suits to me...
              It's not a CGI painting. It's an actual set with with people in suits.

Land of the Lost at the San Diego Comic Con | UGO.com

"Director Brad Silberling (Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events) says he fought to keep the human shape of the Sleestak from Sid & Marty Krofft’s original production, and not give into the urge to render them as spindly computerized beings.

In the ‘70s TV show, they were guys in lime-green pajamas — and looked it. The Sleestak are much sleeker now, but the film is largely a comedy, so the guy-in-a-suit look has its charms, Silberling says. “There is a sense of humor that I loved from the original show that can only come from an actor trying to negotiate the suit. If it became CG, they’d be too perfect. "
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Nice to see guy in suit as opposed to CG. There seems to be a trend back to this. Should be interesting to see what Del Toro does with the Hobbit since he tries to avoid CG, too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                  I was NEVER here!
                  • Jun 22, 2008

Originally posted by type1kirk
                  Is there ANY MOVIE Will Farell is not in ?

I am soooo sick of him.
                  That goes triple. . .maybe quadruple for me. . . do people really find him funny??

Comment

• Raydeen1
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 23, 2008

I loved LOTL as a kid. Damn SLeestaks gave me recurring nightmares. I've only seen a couple episodes recently on YouTube for the first time since I was little. Making it a comedy is just a bad idea. The show had comedic moments but as has been said, Will Farrell is annoying at best. He's had a couple decent roles since SNL and like previous SNL members, his movies mostly stink.

Here's hoping for some cool toys at least. I've always wanted a Sleestak figure, maybe we'll see some retro merch released in conjunction with the movie merch. Some DVDs, Tshirts and the like would be fun. I won't hold my breath for a cool set of retro toys but it would be cool.

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Raydeen1
                      Some DVDs
                      Actually, all three seasons of LOTL are available on DVD right now... They're available as individual seasons, but the last time I was at BEST BUY they also had all three seasons compiled into one box set... No matter how you buy them they're reasonably priced...

Originally posted by Raydeen1
                      I won't hold my breath for a cool set of retro toys but it would be cool.
                      If anything toy related is released, you can bet yer bottom dollar it will not be based on the original show... It will be all the Will Ferrell crap... Best you'd get from that might be some Sleestaks and they'll probably be the size of Star Wars figures so you couldn't mix them in with your MEGOs...

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

I think this could work if done properly.

Will Ferrell was funny in only one movie that I can think of "Elf" but he was pretty hilarious on SNL. I keep hoping he will come out with something funny because I do think he's a pretty talented comedian.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

As tired of Will Ferrell as I am, I don't have a problem with this. Handled well, it could be a great film. The original series is actually pretty funny when you watch it now (sometimes unintentionally) I'm impressed by the Sleestaks and from I've heard of set reports, they're pretty scary in the movie.

Bring on the merchandise!
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>Damn SLeestaks gave me recurring nightmares.

You probably won't have that problem now.... looking at that costume, they've altered the design to cutsey them up.

Don C.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

If they did it as a wink-wink comedy, like the Brady Bunch movie, I could bare it.

I just hope they don't make it stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎