Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was your Local Late Night Horror Host?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Indeed!

It seems of late they're becoming popular again, and there's a focus on the history of it all, which I find fascinating.

Also, the Cryptkeeper counts...even tho he was a puppet.
    Last edited by B-Lister; Oct 15, '23, 11:24 PM.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Sadly, we never had a local horror host in our markets (Lexington, KY/ Cincinnati, OH) when I was young, that I know of. When I turned 10, we got cable, so I had Commander USA, and USA's UP All Night with Gilbert Godfrey and Rhonda Shear. Those were fun!
      sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Ohio has more late night Horror Hosts per capita than any state. I'm certain one exists for the Cincinatti market, even if he wasn't active during those critical childhood years...

Doctor Madblood took a hiatus between the 70s and 1989...the last full year I lived in Virginia...so I kind of lucked into him at the perfect age...
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

I don’t recall having a late night horror show host here in Maine, when I was a kid, but we did have a UHF channel (is that what they called it?) 56, out of Boston that showed Creature Feature, every Saturday afternoon. I frequently watched through the “snow” (some days it came in really good and others it was like watching through a blizzard)...LOL!

Dana
          Last edited by danadoll; Oct 24, '23, 7:06 PM.
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

In Philly, we had Dr Shock on Ch. 17. He introduced me to almost all of the b-horror, kanji and mushroom-people movies I grew up with!
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎