X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Godzilla minus one

"Written and directed by Takashi Yamazaki, the upcoming sci-fi movie will center on post-war Japan as the country faces a formidable new threat. The forthcoming movie will demonstrate just how terrifying and overpowering the enormous monster can become as it returns to cause havoc once again. After debuting in Japan on November 3 of this year, Godzilla Minus One will have its nationwide release in the United States on December 1, 2023, just in time for the holiday countdown."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlceGpbGgvE&t=34s

Not a very long trailer, but still when GOJIRA is involved it should be minus 1000,000,000!!!!!!!

Here he comes AGAIN! The heaviest Metal Monster of all!!!
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Highly anticipated.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Is it going to be released in US theatre's ?

Last Japanese Godzilla movie i've ever seen in the theatre was Godzilla 2000

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
        "Godzilla Minus One will have its nationwide release in the United States on December 1, 2023, just in time for the holiday countdown."

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Last Japanese Godzilla movie i've ever seen in the theatre was Godzilla 2000
          Have you seen Shin Godzilla?
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I might be in the minority saying this but, I’d rather see this movie in Japanese language with English subtitles, but I doubt that will happen when the film is released in the U.S. December 1st.

I know most people watching a movie, especially in theaters don’t want to have to listen and read dialogue at the same time, but for me personally when it comes to Godzilla, I want to know what’s really being said.

Most of my Godzilla movies at home, I got with the English subtitles and extra scenes you don’t get with the U.S. version because of a shorter running time.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by apes3978
              "Godzilla Minus One will have its nationwide release in the United States on December 1, 2023, just in time for the holiday countdown."
              Thanks, APES!!!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
                I might be in the minority saying this but, I’d rather see this movie in Japanese language with English subtitles, but I doubt that will happen when the film is released in the U.S. December 1st.
                I believe that's how Shin was released in the US.

These days with Fathom and stuff, you end up with more subtitle releases than dubbed ones. I don't think this will get a wide scale release like a normal movie. It will probably be more limited like Shin was. So only a handful of showings at scattered theaters across the US. Usually decent distribution if you want to see it, but not a major investment for the larger theater chains.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by B-Lister
                  Have you seen Shin Godzilla?
                  Yes, a few times but I wish they would come out with an English dubbed version

Not a fan of reading when watching a movie

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Yes, a few times but I wish they would come out with an English dubbed version

Not a fan of reading when watching a movie
                    There is a dubbed version of Shin Godzilla.

Or if you mean Minus One, it's likely we'll get both. Fathom usually does a release with subtitle, alongside a dub.
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar

I know most people watching a movie, especially in theaters don’t want to have to listen and read dialogue at the same time, but for me personally when it comes to Godzilla, I want to know what’s really being said.

Most of my Godzilla movies at home, I got with the English subtitles and extra scenes you don’t get with the U.S. version because of a shorter running time.
                      These days, Subtitles are the preferred standard for serious fans, but they usually do a dub for general audiences too.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

These days, Subtitles are the preferred standard for serious fans, but they usually do a dub for general audiences too.
                        Me personally, i'd rather watch a dubbed version so I can visually enjoy the SFX without having to read

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

There is a dubbed version of Shin Godzilla.

Or if you mean Minus One, it's likely we'll get both. Fathom usually does a release with subtitle, alongside a dub.

I actually enjoyed the subtitles in Shin Ultrman, and I also enjoyed the subtitles when they interviewed
                          Higuchi-san and Saitoh-san. Just a matter of preference.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 8, 2015

I can only imagine the awe and horror in such an epic tale being shown all over cinema screens in Nippon this day. 11/1/23.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

I cannot wait to watch it but I am more interested in seeing what our foreign Exhange student from Japan. He has never watched a Godzilla movie in his 16 years!?!?
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎