Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What horror movies are you watching this month?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I ended Halloween by watching Warm Bodies. I know one thing,I'm glad Halloween is over. I was getting tired of seeing Rocky Horror Picture Show getting so much air time. Sheesh.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I officially sent Halloween 2013 packing with "The Haunted Palace" on TCM last night. First time I'd seen it. Not a bad little atmospheric thriller. Poe, Lovecraft, Corman, Price and Chaney Jr. A good send off!

Chris
      I dvr'd it...never saw it myself but I have seen pics from the movie will see it soon as I get a chance to sit down when I'm not too busy.

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

^Yeah, She-Wolf is the on film on the 4 Universal Legacy Sets I own that I haven't watched. I read somewhere that there was no real werewolf, so it's been on my backburner ever since.

Chris
        As my wife rightly pointed out, it's kind of a dumb version of Gaslight (1944), if you know that old classic. She-wolf was not without it's charm though, it hits all the classic Universal monster movie notes and characters, but no monster. Also, the plot was especially stupid and you'll know the twist in about 4 seconds. Good performances though, and there's some pay-off - the villain gets one really good maniacal scene at the end.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I watched Spider Baby for the first time last night. Now that's a quirky one! But I liked it! Lon Chaney, Jr. gives a great performance as a loving caretaker of some very disturbed children (that's putting it lightly). This movie had to influence Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I also think that episode of the X-Files about the creepy inbred family probably took a page or two from this one.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• HapSlash
            Tribal Witchdoctor
            • Nov 18, 2009

All throughout October we tried to cram in as many movies as we could. Since I was watching half of them with my girl, not all of them were exactly 'horror' films, but we still felt they fit the overall theme. There were so many of them that we tried to fit in 2 a night where we could, sometimes more on the weekends.

Friday the 13th 1-9
            A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-6
            Freddy Vs. Jason
            Hellraiser 1-5
            Tales from the Crypt : Demon Knight
            Evil Dead 1-2 & Army of Darkness
            Pirates of the Carribean 1-4
            Harry Potter films 1-8
            Beetlejuice
            Young Frankenstein
            Ghostbusters

Dracula
            Frankenstein
            The Wolf Man
            The Mummy
            The Invisible Man

44 films in all with the classics being played while waiting for trick-or-treators
            Last edited by HapSlash; Nov 2, '13, 12:36 PM.
            ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
            HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

I watched Spider Baby for the first time last night. Now that's a quirky one! But I liked it! Lon Chaney, Jr. gives a great performance as a loving caretaker of some very disturbed children (that's putting it lightly). This movie had to influence Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I also think that episode of the X-Files about the creepy inbred family probably took a page or two from this one.

Chris
              Spider Baby is so great. I didn't add it to my list because I have yet to watch it on my DVR, but have watched it in the past.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎