Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^NICE!!! I imagine ol' Franky would be pretty musty and dusty from all the explosions, sulfur pits, ice caves, etc he's experienced. Love the detail and blood on the Mummy, but they all look great!

Are these pretty easy to come by on ebay...repros I mean?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Are these pretty easy to come by on ebay...repros I mean?
      I got mine from a guy in Mexico who still makes them now. They weren't perfect (my mummy had no fingers on one hand, there was some flashing etc) but I paid like $20 for the lot and the seller was a total joy. They were great for slathering the paint on.

Every year I make the mistake of sitting the kids down and then begin with the glue, it makes for some bored children, these were a nice change.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

The Marx Monsters are super cool. I have the glow reissues so I never had the heart to repaint them.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
          The Marx Monsters are super cool. I have the glow reissues so I never had the heart to repaint them.
          It's funny you mention the Uncle Milton glow reissues, I was going to buy this set for the kids:

But then I realized that I could just make my own for $25.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            It's funny you mention the Uncle Milton glow reissues, I was going to buy this set for the kids:

But then I realized that I could just make my own for $25.
            That is a really nice set and fairly uncommon too. The downside is the figures that come in the paint kit aren't made with glow plastic. Only the single carded ones. Back when I picked my carded sets you could still get them fairly cheap.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              They weren't perfect (my mummy had no fingers on one hand,
              I forgot to mention, that's not a flaw. It's supposed to be that way. The original orange and blue Marx Mummy figures are the same.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Is that to mimic Kharis' chopped of fingers on his "bad" hand? He looks kind of stumpy here and on the model kit.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^Is that to mimic Kharis' chopped of fingers on his "bad" hand?
                  Yep! The Aurora kit is the same.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    I forgot to mention, that's not a flaw. It's supposed to be that way. The original orange and blue Marx Mummy figures are the same.
                    Oh shoot, I never thought to pick up my Marx figures and compare.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

With glow Marx, I was wondering about hitting each with a uniform thin acrylic color wash (green for Gillman, orange for Hunchback, purple for Phantom, etc.) and wiping most of it off. So you have both detail & glow. Has anyone tried this?

Very nice kits, btw--Aurora is so cool, blessed be reissues.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

There is nothing better than a mummy spattered with bright red blood stains.

Comment

• mego73
                          Printed paperboard Tiger
                          • Aug 1, 2003

What a monster mash

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I love models...and these look awesome!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Nice display Chris! I keep my Aurora re-issues close by during the season. Nothing beats them! Nice paint job on all of them!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks all! Andrew and I appreciate all the kind words!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎