Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Godzilla 2014? Spoiler alert for those who don't want to see...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I'm not a huge Godzilla fan by any means, and I look at that and say "Godzilla". So I say "mission accomplished".

The heat/flame welling up in his gut and throat is kind of a neat touch. Similar to how Man of Steel showed heat building up in the eye sockets when heat vision was kicking in.

Chris
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. I hope that's the design they use.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ If that footage is real, that is very cool!

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Yep. That's at the end of the Experience. You're eye level. The place is shaking from his steps and boom - he comes by the window.

Legendary is going to go nuckin futs at Universal. I promise we have a King Kong v Godzilla in our near future.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
          Is this the footage?

I got chills.
          He looks baddarse!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

That is Godzilla, glad that they get it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Zilla needs to get his azz on a treadmill. That's some serious reptilian badonk going on. Otherwise I'm thrilled by this and the treatment they are giving him. I rather liked the previous film but it was not a Godzilla movie, just a big lizard.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
                Zilla needs to get his azz on a treadmill. That's some serious reptilian badonk going on. Otherwise I'm thrilled by this and the treatment they are giving him. I rather liked the previous film but it was not a Godzilla movie, just a big lizard.
                If you call Godzilla (well, it's actually Gojira, but the Anglicized version is indeed Godzilla), Zilla, in Japan, you are going to disappear from the face of the Earth, lol.

In the land of the rising sun...Zilla is the American abomination one...not the baddarse everyone loves....

The Japanese (Toho to be more specific) hate Zilla so much, that they gave him a fight against Godzilla in the movie, Godzilla Final Wars.

And this is what happened...fight in its entirety...don't blink...

sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Gojira is a portmanteau, or new word made up by merging two other words. It's an amalgalm of the English adoption of "Gorilla" and the Japanese word for whale, "Kujira".

So Ape-Whale, which comes through in the design.

I would have gone with a little different face, but I think what happened is when the VFX guys were working on designs, they saw that when you add weight to the classic look he begins to resemble a massive croc/gator, and that's what really comes out in the think neck.

I'm guessing we'll see some designs that had a longer snout, but it was probably too damn scary in CG/3D/Imax test models.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎