X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raider5gt
    Museum Tree Cutter
    • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by number 6
    Just a heads-up: I purchased the 2004 bluray release of Gojira and the transfer they used is lousy, full of scratches, washed-out and murky scense - especially the ones where Godzilla is stomping through the city.

In the next month or two Criterion is going to be releasing Godzilla on DVD and bluray. The product description says that it's going to be digitally remastered and have both the original and American edit of the film.

Criterion's tend to be more pricy, but my experience is they do and excellent job with their releases. Their releases of Seven Samuria, Yojimbo and Sanjuro are awesome. If you're looking for a high quality upgrade, in my opinion, this would be it. I know I'll be upgrading my copy when this comes out.
    Originally posted by ctc
    >i have been looking for some Goji dvd's on the weekend to upgrade on my vhs versions

If you're looking for Godzilla disks, get the Master collection ones. They have both versions of the film; American and Japanese, and have tons of awesome mini-film extras.

Don C.

Thanks very much Don and number 6,for the heads up,i will try and get the normal dvds as to the blue ray ones,i have a multi region dvd player,just hope there are not released on the ntsc format.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

I can now verify the dvd version does feature both English dubbings despite the cover only saying one english dub. The aip track seems fine except in the very beginning where the rocket is about to takeoff. Some of the countdown numbers are missing (it goes from 6 and then cuts back in to 2)
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by raider5gt
        Thanks very much Don and number 6,for the heads up,i will try and get the normal dvds as to the blue ray ones,i have a multi region dvd player,just hope there are not released on the ntsc format.
        If they are US releases, they will be NTSC. Many multi region players can also handle both PAL and NTSC (both of my players do). Are you sure yours cannot?

Comment

• raider5gt
          Museum Tree Cutter
          • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by cjefferys
          If they are US releases, they will be NTSC. Many multi region players can also handle both PAL and NTSC (both of my players do). Are you sure yours cannot?
          I have not tried yet,just thought cause it's PAL over here it may just play the Pal format instead of the NTSC ones,there are a few region 1 dvd's on play.co.uk doesn't say what format though,so may go for those and see what happens.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>doesn't say what format though,so may go for those and see what happens

Wouldn't your computer be able to play either version?

Don C.

Comment

• raider5gt
              Museum Tree Cutter
              • Nov 25, 2007

Not to sure Don,i am not a fan of watching dvds on my pc,my computer chair is not that comfy and gives me back ache after a while. (must be getting old)

I have noticed some Godzillaa dvds have Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE) and will not play on multi region dvd players.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>i am not a fan of watching dvds on my pc

Me either; but if it's that or not watch something I'll tough it out. Although that kinda goes to my childhood: back in high school we used to trade tapes with a bunch of guys in Japan, and would cram dozens of guys into the garage to watch them on a tiny portable tv. (This was early/mid 80's, before stuff like that was widely available.)

>and will not play on multi region dvd players

Hmmmm.... on a computer it has something to do with how your player software is set up.... but I'm not real up on that sort of thing. Maybe someone else here is?

Don C.

Comment

• kennermike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 4, 2007

I would love to see this? I have never seen it !

Comment

• raider5gt
                    Museum Tree Cutter
                    • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by ctc
                    >i am not a fan of watching dvds on my pc

Me either; but if it's that or not watch something I'll tough it out. Although that kinda goes to my childhood: back in high school we used to trade tapes with a bunch of guys in Japan, and would cram dozens of guys into the garage to watch them on a tiny portable tv. (This was early/mid 80's, before stuff like that was widely available.)

Don C.
                    Yeah i guess i will take a leaf out of your book Don and rough it if my player doesn't play it I am sure we watched a super 8 Godzilla film in my bro's bedroom in the early 80's on the projector,it was like are own personal cinema,ah fun times in those days.

Mike,it's a good Goji flick,loads of monsters.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎