X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Doc
    Thing not calculated is the human factor. People would always hesitate to put down loved ones, friends. Also People would hesitate to do themselves if bite or scratched. Thus becoming a risk and increasing the spread factor.
    They are the ones who are going to die for sure.

Only the strong will survive.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
      >Sounds like we could beat the zombie menace

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) | Cracked.com

Don C.
      Exactly.

I was actually going to point that out...but I hesitated.

Aside from a fast and deadly military strikes (carpet bombing from afar, or even nukes)...

...odds are that the strain affecting humans would not work on a different species...thus predatory animals would get fat eating too many fragile zombies (because humans are fragile).

However...if the strain effects animals as well...then instead of human zombies...the world would be overrun by bear zombies, tiger zombies, lion zombies, dog zombies, wolf zombies, snake zombies, crocodile zombies, eagle zombies, etc zombies...and if it effects insects...well...that would be it...the Earth's dominant species would be bug zombies...lol.

The reason humans are the dominant species are due to its intelligence...but once converted to zombies...it takes the advantage of intelligence out the window (zombie = dumb)...thus becoming easy pray for animals.
      Last edited by Hector; Dec 6, '10, 7:50 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
        >Sounds like we could beat the zombie menace

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) | Cracked.com

Don C.
        From your link:

"If you're saying, "Sure, but it's not like my city is full of bears that can come eat all the zombies," you need to think smaller. Insects are a major pain in the *** for living humans, and in some cases, being able to swat away flies and having an immune system is the only thing keeping us from having our eyes and tongues eaten out by maggots. Zombies in any part of the world with a fly problem are going to be swarming with maggots in short order, meaning that most of their soft tissues will be infested, and their eyes will be very quickly useless."

That alone would do it...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Oops...I just kept reading the other pages...so many things wipes out the zombies...lol.

Can't take the heat, the cold, biting is not the most effective way for worldwide spread of a disease/virus, can't heal from day to day damage, the topography of the world presents too many barriers, and of course the thing that I mentioned earlier...weapons...I cannot stress how effective weapons would be...nothing like in the movies and television...weapons are the most powerful and scariest things on Earth...not zombies.

That guy deserves a medal...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Man...that took the zombie scariness out of the equation...now I'm disappointed...

sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              So what did Dr. Jenner whisper in Rick's ear in the finale? Hmmmmmmmmm.........
              My guess would be that Rick's wife is pregnant, which Jenner discovered during the blood testing.

Thought the finale was uneven. Other than a few secs at the end, twas zombie free.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                My guess would be that Rick's wife is pregnant, which Jenner discovered during the blood testing.
                And it's not his....
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 1, 2007

And it's not his....
                  Ooh, good one.

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

So what did Dr. Jenner whisper in Rick's ear in the finale? Hmmmmmmmmm.........

You have purty lips boy!

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I hear season 2 will not be shown until October of next year...man...that's too damn bloody long...

In the meantime...I'll be ready just in case it comes back sooner...

sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

>so many things wipes out the zombies

‘Course, realistically MOST stories couldn’t happen.... from sci-fi right on up to dramas. Hence why I say realism isn’t a big deal; internal consistency is. I’ve seen stories wherein the zombies win very effectively and plausibly. In those cases the authors have generally gone into the cause and provided some insight as to how it all goes awry. (So for instance; I’ve read one set in Japan where the plague spread REALLY fast since there are so many people in such a confined area. In the “Dead Reign” rpg the zombies have a sort of communal homing instinct: they tend to conglomerate into increasingly large groups. But in the game the survivours figure they just have to last 6 months or so and the animate dead will have rotted away.) Things can go the other way pretty durned quick:

5 Popular Zombie Survival Tactics (That Will Get You Killed) | Cracked.com

Like anything else, there’s a tendency for fans to already have the supplementary knowledge needed to overlook the genres shortcomings and be aware of it’s standards. (Hence no superhero fan ever questioning why ace reporter Lois Lane doesn’t recognize Superman once he puts on a pair of glasses....) Zombies are one of them things you really have to accept the premise of, or not.

Don C.

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                          Banned
                          • Oct 25, 2010

Of COURSE that baby isnt Rick's...dont any of you READ the books?!?

By the way, thats a great guess, but I dont think thats what the doc whispered...

As to that article on why the zombie armageddon would NOT work, they mention the heat and cold, bugs, and humans armed to the teeth - whats NOT mentioned are the plentiful places on earth where life FLOURISHES, the fact that many mammals/insects dont EAT carrion, and that fact that as a whole, humanity is pretty damned stupid!
                          I mean, sure, Johnny Macho may THINK that him and his are 'secured', but this is the same guy that fumbles at 2 AM loading the shotgun, or slips in dog sh1t while being chased, or forgets ONE minor detail when securing his residence, or.....get the idea?

Of course the notion of zombies is ridiculous, then again, have you ever SEEN the effects of anthrax on a person? Our own government has some lovely little 'home brewed evils' on tap for us - though they are not MEANT for the U.S., "accidents" happen! There was a viral video of a former CDC employee with his face blurred out. This researcher claimed that he worked is a 2 mile-squared 'facility' deep under one of the Midwestern states. ..He went on to talk about the 'compounds' and 'strains' that were being manufactured, and how if ONE person made ONE error - rather from being tired, etc. - that it will spell HORROR for the U.S.- if not the world. (Sure, there are safety measures in place, but come on - people designed these things, and people arent infallible..)

I'm just saying - a viral or pathogenic means for 'animating' tissue is NO longer science fiction, sadly, and 'plagues' of ANY sort arent beyond us by any means..
                          (I mean, Christ, 'scientists' have created glow-in-the-dark rats, they are making 'designer babies' at labs in NYC currently - look it up - disgusting but true - and there is a 'research facility' in Upstate NY on the former Plattsburgh Air Force Base that has successfully spliced spider DNA with goat DNA - the molecules that produce the webbing apparently bond with the lactose elements, creating what they are calling "bio steel" from the goat's teats - I WISH I were kidding folks!! )

I will refer to the Matthias character: "Definition of a scientist - A man who understood nothing, until there was nothing LEFT to understand.."

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
                            Of COURSE that baby isnt Rick's...dont any of you READ the books?!?
                            Just started reading Vol. 1 this weekend....and quickly realized that they're sorta doing their own thing on the show....embellishing a lot and changing things around...
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher

As to that article on why the zombie armageddon would NOT work, they mention the heat and cold, bugs, and humans armed to the teeth - whats NOT mentioned are the plentiful places on earth where life FLOURISHES, the fact that many mammals/insects dont EAT carrion, and that fact that as a whole, humanity is pretty damned stupid!

You are right about non-eating carrion animals.

Plus...all humans have to do is wait it out...zombie flesh will eventually rot...they might be "dead"...but their bodies are not immortal...they would eventually disintegrate over time.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Interesting take on this season's Walking Dead...

'The Walking Dead': The Season's Best and Worst Moments - Yahoo! TV Blog

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎