X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    i was looking at them in Toys R us the other day... $19.99 each for 3.75" action figures??? ***
    the price point will kill that line quickly
    Actually, I saw the (empty) hooks for these at one of my local Wal-Marts for $11.97 and would have purchased them had they not all been gone. I hope they'll eventually release a Glenn, Shane, Andrea and Michonne figure for Season 3!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

the finale was awesome. I am going to have to watch it again tonight. Michonne!!! holy crap, i was hoping, but not expecting to see her this episode. until that link announcing the actress i was actually wondering if they had not really cast her yet since you did not see her face.
      and the prison seen off in the distance as the finaly shot. The fall is a longggg way off

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        i was looking at them in Toys R us the other day... $19.99 each for 3.75" action figures??? ***
        the price point will kill that line quickly
        typical mcfarlane toys pricing for what it is and the focus they'll sell as well as any collector based line.

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

Originally posted by Megospidey
          You guys that can't wait need to get the comic book and read it between now and October. The show is better, but the comic book is just as gratifying.
          There is no way i can go without some zombie love till October so i will more than likely pick them up somewhere.

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

On the figures front there's comic book versions and TV/actor resemblance versions. For the comic tie-in I've seen a clean Rick and blood-spatter Rick, 2 walkers and Michonne. The clean Rick seems to be rarer.

For TV Rick I think there's color and B&W, (makes no sense for the tv version but it's McFarlane so...?!?), and I only saw the B&W in stores. I think the TV ones are harder to find.

As for the price? McFarlane can keep them. I'm not buying them unless they sell for $10 each or under. I will say, these are his first posable figures in a long time. Most of his stuff has been pretty stiff and merely plastic statues. These look like they have a lot of articulation as I looked them over. I also guess he thinks because of that he can over-charge customers. I know some fans will buy them but unless the price comes down-easy pass.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
              I am having withdrawal already. That Michonne is bad to the bone. She had walkers as pets. Holy fark that was cool. They more than made up for a lack of walkers tonight. Walkers all over the place.
              Not Pets. There is a very practical reason that you will find out... as well as who they are.

Anyone read the Michonne Prequel in Playboy yet? Has it been posted online?

for those who are caught up on the comics and TV show and looking for another fix, if you have a strong stomach for extreme depravity, I recommend a series called The Crossed. Warning: it makes Walking Dead seem like going to church.

CROSSED Graphic Novel - Garth Ennis, Jacen Burrows - Extreme Graphic Horror | eBay

Crossed - Volume 1 - (Garth Ennis) - Graphic Novel | eBay

I'm also following a series called Stitched.
              eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
              Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 20, '12, 2:27 AM.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Walking Dead Action Figures Complete SET McFarlane Toys | eBay

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

MCFARLANE THE WALKING DEAD COMIC SERIES 4 FIGURE COMPLETE SET STRAIGHT FROM CASE | eBay

The walking Dead series 1 of 4 action figures. | eBay

WALKING DEAD 4 Figure Set COMIC Ser 1 McFarlane IN HAND | eBay

Mcfarlane WALKING DEAD COMIC SERIES 1 4 Action Figure SET OPENER'S SET In Stock | eBay

Mcfarlane WALKING DEAD COMIC SERIES 1 5 Action Figure OPENER'S LOT w/ Exclusive | eBay

Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 20, '12, 2:31 AM.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

For anybody (like me) who won't buy or can't buy a copy of the current Playboy issue to read a six page comic, here's a link to the Origin of Michonne:

The Walking Dead: Michonnes Origin Comic As Published In Playboy Magazine | YouBentMyWookie

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Finally got to see the finale.

I've officially joined the "Hate On Lori" fan club. Been making excuses for her, due to her pregnancy and all, but jeez enough already! She recoils in horror after Rick explains to her that he had to do what he did, even though just two episodes earlier she blatantly attempted to goad him into doing the very same thing without an immediate life-threatening need to?

Hoping next season brings some fresh faces to root for, cuz as it stands now Glen is the only one I have any remaining respect for. The rest can all become Zombie Chow for all I care.

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Okay, guys, bear with me--I just saw the first episode today on Netflix. Apparently that's the only episode they have now, because it wouldn't load any other episodes. At any rate, it took me ages to see it because I'm not big on horror in general and zombies don't appeal to me. I'm glad I saw it, however, because it seemed really well done, but I'm just wondering why in the current episodes there are still zombies after months have passed. I mean, there's not enough food for them to keep up their caloric intake to keep functioning, unless they're smart enough to use can openers or something I haven't seen due to my limited viewing. Or are they purely supernatural-based creatures? Is this addressed at all?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

the need for food for zombies has not been addressed yet.....but really it was only a few days before Rick woke up after all hell broke loose. there are still plenty of survivors around for the zombies to be eating off of and they also eat animals which is shown in later episodes

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Have never seen the show nor care to see it but my sister is a big fan...so she asked me to make her Darryl. He doesn't quite look like this anymore...I made subtle changes..and once my sculpting implement slipped....so hopefully as soon as I add the hair he will look more like him.

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

Season 3 premiere.. yowza, that was some gruesome scene with Herschel..

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

What's funny...and I think I can write this without spoiling anything...it's actually Dale that this happens too, not Herschel. Herschel is not in the books, and at this point in the comic, Dale is still alive.

Comment

• domino
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 16, 2007

I am so glad it's back on. They certainly kicked off with a bang.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎