X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by johnnystorm
    I thought that Bob guy was the Gov's inside man, but I guess not. Still he's up to something, hiding his little box in the hallways.
    Again, Daryl didn't react to the Carol news too badly, a little pacing and then off to find Tyrese arm in arm with Rick.
    The death of Hershel was pointless, why choose him over Michonne?
    Where is baby Judy? I think Beth has her somewhere safe.

Overall, a great episode!
    I think Bob's the feeding rats/dissecting rats guy myself.

Cool episode I think! and finally they are out of the prison.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

So I assume the real reason Hershel got axed was that the writers didn't want to deal with an old man with a peg-leg now that the group is on the run again...

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

I watched the last three in succession. Not the best way to do it because it really points out the logic flaws.

No one would listen to the Gov once Rick made his offer. The most realistic scene is when the Tara, looks at her new girlfriend and says "he just cut a guy's head off". That's how real people react. They wouldn't open fire because Rick shot a round. But that puts you in the quandary from last year, when Gov turns on his own people.

The baby ain't dead.

The best scene to me, was the little girls saving Tyreese. That was perfect to where she was leading over the previous episodes.

The rat flaying means someone has been alive in the crawlspaces the entire time. When you consider they never cleared other parts of the prison, it make sense a prisoner could survive. Now, what he was trying to accomplish with the feedings makes little sense because if they did overrun the fences, they would eventually swarm the building and find him.

So part of me thinks they have to return to the prison at some point, or at least a few of them have to.

Lilly and her daughter was a tragedy just for the sake of it. How she knew where to go, the timing of it all. It would have worked better if they followed them from the start, got attacked after the fight started and then the daughter killed Governor.

Everyone whose saying this covers a lot of the same ground is right. Too many elements remind me of the barn.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Yeah, how does. The Governor completely override these peoples common sense? He's known them what, a week or two for the girls, 2 or 3 days in charge of the camp? So they all stand there and listen to Rick tell them we can all live together, they can work it out, there are sick kids inside, and then watch the leader cut an unarmed old mans head off. Yeah, first reaction is start a fire fight. At least if they had done this after the initial attacks with the Woodbury crowd it would have made sense. This just seemed forced.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, how does. The Governor completely override these peoples common sense? He's known them what, a week or two for the girls, 2 or 3 days in charge of the camp? So they all stand there and listen to Rick tell them we can all live together, they can work it out, there are sick kids inside, and then watch the leader cut an unarmed old mans head off. Yeah, first reaction is start a fire fight. At least if they had done this after the initial attacks with the Woodbury crowd it would have made sense. This just seemed forced.
            Totally agree with this.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Just think this through.

This second group had been together for at least as long as Rick's group was in the prison, if not longer.

Then, some one-eyed dude shows up, who doesn't really explain much.

Suddenly, the two guys in charge - after months of keeping everyone alive - just happen to screw up and get killed one day apart.

And who takes over? The new guy no one really knows a damn thing about.

Next thing you know, he's asking you to wage war on a bunch of living people for reasons that have nothing to do with you.

So, you agree because he says no one is going to get killed.

Because he's got hostages. And a tank.

Then, when he doesn't get his way because the other guy offered to share half of everything - he cuts an old man's head off.

So what do you do? Start a firefight.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Keep in mind the times elapsed during weeks of the illness in the prison was when the Governor showed up with the sisters and then they joined the other group(honestly it was probably even longer). It wasn't like it all happened in just a couple of days. The Governor and the girl and daughter seemed pretty well set up in that RV and that doesn't happen overnight.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• z3zep
                  The Girl Next Door
                  • Sep 30, 2006

Yeah, I don't get the lets follow this "new guy" in to battle. After Rick's speech you think at least someone would say hey come on Brian lets try it?? anyhow what fun would that be? -- one big happy family living in the prison

Once Hershel was killed the prison group started firing shots, so that is when I think people fired back and all hell broke loose.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I just knew Hershel was going to be killed off for a few reasons ....

They focused on him more than usual ---- they usually do this when somebody dies

Talking dead did not advertize who's going to be their guest - proving a major character was dying

As far as the Gov dying, I was getting kinda sick of him already .... he was a too stereotypical badguy ---- all he needed was to twirl his mustache to be complete
                    Last edited by Mikey; Dec 3, '13, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

After Rick's speech you think at least someone would say hey come on Brian lets try it?? anyhow what fun would that be?
                      As weird as everyone living in the prison sounds, it could have worked for half a season. It would have been like OZ.

Which, honestly, I thought was possibility when I saw Kirk Acevedo, the tank driver. He was one of the OZ originals.

As far as the Gov dying, I was getting kinda sick of him already .... he was a too stereotypical badguy
                      Now imagine if he agreed to try and co-exist in the prison?

How crazy would that have been if it ended with an agreement? What would the look on Rick's face have been? Relief? or "Oh, S*1t"
                      Last edited by hedrap; Dec 3, '13, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                        The name says it all!
                        • Dec 3, 2007

I don't watch much of the Talking Dead, but I did last night after H got killed. Looking past all of the episode stuff, I am amazed how many actors with heavy accents who lose them for American TV shows there are. I knew about Rick, but was totally caught off guard when first Maggie and then the gov started talking with pronounced accents.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Honestly, they could've squeezed a bit more milage out of the Governor. I found it interesting that his new "daughter" suffered the same fate as his real daughter, but because he refused to listen to Lily when she advised him to settle down and not invade the prison. Living with that guilt/grief/pain could've made him even more messed up. But I guess where would that get them storywise?

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

One advantage of being a Dr Who and Supernatural fan I knew both Maggie and the Gov were British

Comment

• z3zep
                              The Girl Next Door
                              • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                              I don't watch much of the Talking Dead, but I did last night after H got killed. Looking past all of the episode stuff, I am amazed how many actors with heavy accents who lose them for American TV shows there are. I knew about Rick, but was totally caught off guard when first Maggie and then the gov started talking with pronounced accents.
                              Same here, I was surprised specifically by Maggie's accent.

Regarding the rats, I am thinking it is Bob, the last man standing from his past 2 groups. I think the drinking is to repress the killing. Bob is that a rat in that box?

Comment

• johnmiic
                                Adrift
                                • Sep 6, 2002

I think Sunday's episode was badly written and anti-climactic. We all knew it was going to go down like that eventually but was just point A to point B in a straight line. Rick says so little. All he had to do was start calling the Gov. by his name: The Gov. People would not trust him finding out he was using a fake name. Even Herschel calls him that and the Gov. tells him to stop. I would yell it at the top of my lungs. That's how they would know he wasn't trust-worthy to start. A man with a fake name with something to hide.

The pacing this season so far is off kilter. While the flu was raging they should've gone to the Gov. centric episode leaving us wondering how the flu was being dealt with, who killed the people in the prison and who would survive. Then cut back to the Prison to wonder what will the Gov. be up to while they are most vunerable. If the Gov. had found a new family maybe he would be placated. Re-arrange the sequence of the episodes and you build up more suspense. Get to the fall of the prison and maybe scatter all the characters and start a story arc with them trying to find each other after this blow-out. There was still some good material the comic book covered in regards to the prison that they didn't touch upon and they could've added that in this season.

The story editor this year is the guy who wrote the episode Clear from last year. Frankly I wasn't impressed because Clear had some flawed logic, (going back to Rick's home town to get more weapons?? They've travelled so far away since then and even so they cleaned out the armory already). It was just an excuse for two actors to work together again. This may prove the story editor who left last season right in that they are going in the wrong direction.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎