Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Tonight's episode was taken right out of the book. Pretty gruesome fight scene at the end there too. I'm betting The Governor moves into the new survivor camp & takes over, just in time for Carol to come across them & join up. Funny it seems like Gov is now apeing Rick's initial return: finding his " family", survivor camp, best friend now a rival. Carol, with her new persona, could be his version of Daryl!

Comment

• Wise4671
      Banned
      • Aug 11, 2007

It was taken kind of out of the book the outcome was pretty different. I did think it was kind of cool that he went back to calling himself Bryan (For those that have not read the Novels go read them)

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

So were those notes on the building to him? Or did it just inspire him to use his real name?
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Iron Mego
          So were those notes on the building to him? Or did it just inspire him to use his real name?
          He spoke about it on the Talking Dead. His name is Phillip in the show, but he chose the name Bryan after reading it painted on the building.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

I haven't read any of the comics/books, but it looks to me like the Gov will reclaim some humanity (and sanity), and eventually meet up with our gang, at which point Michonne will want to cut him in half as she promised. But he's not that man anymore Michonne, you can't do it! Are you telling me after everything he's done, you're not gonna let me kill him!?! His new family wails to protect him...

Should be good.

Comment

• Wise4671
              Banned
              • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by drquest
              He spoke about it on the Talking Dead. His name is Phillip in the show, but he chose the name Bryan after reading it painted on the building.
              That may be his reasoning but you have to read the book it is a HUGE eye opener. I don't want to spoil the book for anyone that is why I'm not going into detail. "The Rise of the Govenor" Go read it. :-)

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Bold choice having an episode without any of the main cast members in it. I think it paid off... it made the Governor a bit more of a 3 dimensional character than the "Mustache Twirling Bad Guy" he had been reduced to at the end of last season.

So far, I'd say this is the strongest season yet of the show.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

That's what I thought, but Wise made it sound like that's his real name.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Wise4671
                    Banned
                    • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                    That's what I thought, but Wise made it sound like that's his real name.
                    I can tell you this much Bryan Blake is Phillip Blake's brother. I cant say anything else without messing up the book for those that intend to read it.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Wise4671
                      I cant say anything else without messing up the book for those that intend to read it.
                      Reading is for chumps
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Great episode last night, it was all about the Governor, he showed humanity, and was truly heroic, the Governor killing those Biters (he doesn't call them Walkers) with his bear hands, the dude rules, lol.

I have not read the books, I don't know what eventually happens, but purely going by the show, I'm sick and tired of Michonne whinning about the Governor, shut up already, everyone is in a world of hurt, you are not the only one, cry me a diver, keep yapping Michonne, keep yapping, I'm rooting for the Governor, lol.
                        Last edited by Hector; Nov 18, '13, 1:00 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 28, 2006

I want to see the governor join the group or at least team up with carol...LOL
                          He's a changed man now.
                          Really solid episode looking forward to next weeks.
                          Glad to see him back in action.
                          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Byrnes
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 19, 2011

You know what was awesome, hearing Lucero's (Ben Nichols) song "Last Pale Light in the West" during the opening. Lucero is an amazing band from Memphis TN. They have been grinding it out for years on the road and they are my favorite band so it was a huge surprise to me when the song came on. Check out the latest CD Women and Work, you will not be disappointed.
                            WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

I just caught up with Sunday's episode and thought to myself, every time they go into the woods, it looks like the woods from Season 2, lol.

I think Milton referred to him as Phillip when speaking to Andrea in 1 episode last season. It was only 1 time and easy to miss if you didn't catch it.

Originally posted by Byrnes
                              You know what was awesome, hearing Lucero's (Ben Nichols) song "Last Pale Light in the West" during the opening. Lucero is an amazing band from Memphis TN.
                              I just discovered them in a youtube clip from The A.V. Club. They do a pretty decent cover of Modern Love by David Bowie. It was a sort of live preformance and needed maybe a little more polish but they're pretty good.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Byrnes
                                You know what was awesome, hearing Lucero's (Ben Nichols) song "Last Pale Light in the West" during the opening. Lucero is an amazing band from Memphis TN. They have been grinding it out for years on the road and they are my favorite band so it was a huge surprise to me when the song came on. Check out the latest CD Women and Work, you will not be disappointed.
                                In my world, Lucero is a famous Mexican entertainer...she has sold more records than your Lucero...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎