X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
    Your wish is granted, Johnny! TALKING DEAD is on immediately after WALKING DEAD next Sunday to discuss the season finale! I'm hoping for an hour instead of 30 minutes, too....
    The Talking Dead is almost as good as The Walking Dead...the best talk show on TV right now...lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Megospidey

There are some crazy people coming in the future if they continue like they have. Crazy people.
      I'm telling you...the living in this show scare me more than the Walkers...I'm not joking...lol.
      sigpic

Comment

• Steeler80
        Mayor of Strunk
        • Jun 29, 2001

Great last few episodes and, even if I don't always like the choices (Dale's death so soon, for example), it really does glue you to the set because they are establishing that anything can happen here. And, while having a knowledge of the comics hasn't guaranteed you know what's coming since the beginning, they are so far off the reservation now, it's anyone's guess as to what happens next.

I hadn't heard about Darabont and his writing staff leaving. When did this occur? Luckily, I've not noticed a drop in quality as a result.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
          I'm telling you...the living in this show scare me more than the Walkers...I'm not joking...lol.
          I think, Hector, that that is part of the point of the show,

Humans, when you strip away the veneer of "civilization" like electricity, economics and government, become THE single most dangerous species on the planet, far more dangerous than a bunch of animated corpses.

I believe I read or heard somewhere that the the actual title "THE WALKING DEAD" actually refers to the living and not the zombies...
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

The living were ruthless last night when they took out that group of walkers at the beginning of the show...overkill to say the least
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoMark71
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 18, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              yeah, i figure they killed off 2 main characters for the end of the season so they could bring in 2 new characters. one we already know is the Governor......i am hoping the other is Michonne
              How freaking hard is it to not say anything about the comic? Thanks once again for saying something. Dang, is it that hard to ask for nothing to be said about the future for those who enjoy the show on a week to week basis, and don't want to know anything that has happened in the darn comic?

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

^ He didn't say anything that hasn't already been said. These characters have already been referenced in this thread. This is not new information.

I'm keeping from saying anything about the storyline or any other characters that are coming. But...you have to know that if they kill off main characters, they are going to be replacing them with others.

Otherwise, the show will just end due to a lack of living people

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                  How freaking hard is it to not say anything about the comic? Thanks once again for saying something. Dang, is it that hard to ask for nothing to be said about the future for those who enjoy the show on a week to week basis, and don't want to know anything that has happened in the darn comic?
                  That's kind'a hard to do man. Both the comic and the TV series are pretty intense. There are gonna be comparisons. Besides didn't Mikey start a Non-Comic Book TWD thread too?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    The living were ruthless last night when they took out that group of walkers at the beginning of the show...overkill to say the least
                    Yeah---I think if I were that group, I'd keep Andrea clear of ANYTHING with tines, 'cause she is one dangerous chick. 'Course, I think she also felt like she was avenging Dale's death, too, so there is that...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                      Your wish is granted, Johnny! TALKING DEAD is on immediately after WALKING DEAD next Sunday to discuss the season finale! I'm hoping for an hour instead of 30 minutes, too....
                      Yeah, they could seriously get a full hour out of that show. It's a lot of fun, I enjoy the interviews with the cast members, particularly ones like Lauren Cohen & Scott Wilson. They've done more than TWD, it would be nice to hear more of their careers.
                      Just when it gets really entertaining, it's over. I'd love seeing more background stories like the costuming, sound effects, etc.Chris Hardwick seems like a nice guy too, funny but not overly sarcastic or fawning. Loved the bit where he called Steve Yuen "Glenn" by accident!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 18, 2008

I know derek but i had forgotten stuff that had previously been said. I just know others also asked to not spoil stuff for those who know nothing about the comic. How do i know people they run into won't just meet the same fate as the 2 in the bar? Some stuff is a gimme, like new characters since it seems no body is safe, but i enjoy the fact that i don't know a thing and have resisted the urge to read the published works.

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Mark, I have been looking over the comic book and if you wanted to, you could read up to issue #7 and get to where the first TV season ends. Read up to issue #12 and get to about where season 2 ends, (will end?), on TV. Overall they are up to where the collected issues, Vol. 2 leaves off. You wouldn't have to even buy them. Go into a B&N or Borders and read them a little at a time at your leisure. After the next episode the 2nd season ends and you're going to have to wait till fall for new eps anyway. might as well kill the time, (pun intended), reading and comparing the comic till then.
                          Last edited by johnmiic; Mar 13, '12, 6:38 AM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

I've only read the first six issues of the comic and none of what has been said about the comic that take place after that have "spoiled" the series for me. Keep in mind that although the TV series may take some of the high points of the comic but they're really branching off on their own.

Shane lasted a lot longer on TV than he did in the comic (his death was totally different besides) and Dale didn't last as long as his comic book counterpart. Nor did TV Dale get to experience a lot of the arcs and character beats that comic Dale did.

There is no Daryl or T-Dog in the comics nor was there a long search for Sophia...The TV show is doing it's own thing...
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoMark71
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 18, 2008

I know myself though and i know i would read what you said then go further. I am so addicted to this show. I do apologize if i came off a bit ****y, i didn't mean any disrespect to any fellow museum members.

Comment

• johnmiic
                                Adrift
                                • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                                I know myself though and i know i would read what you said then go further. I am so addicted to this show. I do apologize if i came off a bit ****y, i didn't mean any disrespect to any fellow museum members.
                                We know. Tis the anger of spoilers being revealed which did it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎