Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

I guess this proves that the producers are NOT going to follow the comics, other than for some character or plot inspiration. Dale was around quite a bit longer in the books.

Dale's preaching was really starting to annoy me. I liked the character, but his whining was on my nerves. I wonder though how much of the anti-Shane preaching was jealousy over Andrea?

Next most annoying character now is Carol. With Sophia gone, she just turned from whiny mom (who BTW never went looking for her kid- she stayed "home" making supper & crying) into bichy lecturer. Carl may be an idiot, but he has the potential to turn into something interesting. Unless Carol hops onto the back of Daryl's bike and wears the ear necklace, she's expendable.

I'm hoping T-Dog gets more air time soon. He does nothing this season, not even taking turns on the RV roof or hanging laundry to dry. I thought him & Daryl would end up a team after Daryl saved him on the highway, but no.

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 14, 2012

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
      I think of it as a soap opera that got overrun by Zombies.
      This is what drives me crazy about this show - I hate soap operas but love teh zombie gorefests.

Then you have the human characters constantly making incredibly stupid decisions and being outsmarted by the brainless undead.

So I root for the zombies. I'd like to see all of the human cast killed off, one by one, until the series finally ends with the last survivor giving up and being torn apart by zombies.

For me, that would be a happy ending.
      Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Sorry, but Dale was going to get everyone killed...it's best that he's gone for the betterment of the survivors.

Carol is a bit annoying, I do agree with that...she herself never went looking for her daughter...but she still doesn't hold a candle to the queen of ineptness/whining/biatching...you know who I'm talking about...Olive Oyl...lol.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I like the blond chick, Andrea...she's baddass...not only can she handle herself, has the right attitude (survival wise), but she's hot...I'd take her as my partner in that world of zombies...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey

The black guy (I forgot his name) is ok but he hardly gets any screen time.
            Man, the producers should either throw him a bone or just plain kill him off.

The poor actor had only one scene and one line in the entire episode...the dead cow had a longer scene...lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

I thought that dude was dead until this last episode.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I like the blonde woman who's sister died ... She's easy on the eyes

I read in real life her father is Zephram Cochrane on the original Star Trek

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i liked Dale. he was the voice of reason on the show.....annoying sometimes but still a likeable character. stupid of him to walk around with only the rifle. Carl has become really annoying, they either need to kill him off or develop his character better. i think tbone will be dead by seasons end...maybe even next week

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

I liked Dale. What happened was a surprise to me. Dale may have been wrong, (the clips for next weeks episode seem to prove that), but he was a conscience for the group. The actor who plays him has been around a long time and played many supporting characters in many different shows but none as memorable as this. A real loss for this series but after this he will probably be very much in demand.

Carl has proven he is a catalyst character. He may not do much but he puts events into motion that otherwise wouldn't have happened if he weren't there. What he said to his father about Randall and the walker that got into the farm shows he is important for story arcs.

TWD is no place for the Wesley effect or the Will Robinson effect. It seems that any series with a kid as a supporting character-that kid is hated by the audience, (Will Robinson, Wesley Crusher), for no reason. Carl seems a pretty good depiction, at least to me, of a realistic kid in that situation. Even with Frank Darabont gone and his writing staff gone too, Carl has been pretty useful in storylines.

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                      The whole cast has been splattered with zombie-juice over & over, heck remember when they rubbed it all over them in Season One? Sorry, but somebody's got that in their mouths or eyes getting splashed. So maybe the "germs" don't survive outside the bodies, they need to be "injected" through the bite or scratch.

The original zombies came from somewhere...so I think what's not known yet to the cast is that anybody who dies comes back, regardless of the manner of death. Unless the brain or head is damaged. Those guards may have starved to death or had heart attacks, or took poison to commit suicide...but once they died they rose as zombies. The bites just infect and kill you slowly (or quickly depending on the severity of the bite).
                      Someone at the farm is going to die (maybe the suicide girl) and reveal that fact to them.
                      It's been established in the comics that this is not viral and that anyone dead comes back to life (proven in the scene where Rick goes back to dig up you know who, so he can shoot him).

Although loudmouths like me who religiously follow the comic have just had our smugness handed back to us in the form of Sophie and Dales deaths.

Sophie still survives as Glenn and Maggie's surrogate daughter and Dale got his leg chopped off, and had a much more intimate relationship with Andrea before he bought it. I think we are headed into some uncertain territory from here on in, despite Krkman's presence in the writers room. The governor might be showing up before the prison, if they even go there at all (although... Was that the prison with the school bus last episode?)

Really want Michonne to show up.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

That wasn't the Prison, it was the city public works (water dept, etc ) yard.

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          It's been established in the comics that this is not viral and that anyone dead comes back to life...
                          Originally posted by ddgaff1132
                          I had Red-Lites go off when Shane mentioned the guards had no visable bite marks...

See, I think we have had our hint 2 weeks ago in "18 miles Out."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

so now it is confirmed, the dead will rise whether they are bitten or not.
                            and about damn time Shane got killed, the *******. thought it was cool the way they did it while still remaining somewhat true to how it happened in the comic

Comment

• MegoMark71
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 18, 2008

I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor. Next week is going to be nuts. Heck these last 2 weeks have been nuts. Dang i can't believe we have one more episode left, and it's going to be good.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                                Persistent Member
                                • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                so now it is confirmed, the dead will rise whether they are bitten or not.
                                and about damn time Shane got killed, the *******. thought it was cool the way they did it while still remaining somewhat true to how it happened in the comic

Amen!!! And by the look of things... After next weeks episode. This thread will be LIGHTING UP!!!! AAAAWWWWEEEESSSOMMMEEEE!!!!!
                                Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                                MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎