• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by fallensaviour
    Otis had to go,he shot the kid!!!
    Otis was a kind man who unfortunately shot the kid by accident (and felt very guilty about it).

He's a hero...he went out of his way to bring all the medical stuff back...knowing his girth would probably be his undoing.

He left loved ones behind...they are just as important as that kid...who has no one else to blame but himself (and the parents for agreeing)...for insisting on going on that trip.
    Last edited by Hector; Nov 2, '11, 2:01 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
      Was the guy that killed Otis named Shane ?

If so, Shane is a murderer - plain and simple

It doesn't even matter if the kids life was at stake, it was still murder.

That may be true, but if you DON'T have any morals you wont last because somebody will eventually kill YOU.

A group wont tolerate an liability like that for very long.

You eventually wake up with a knife in your back
      the old addage "how fast do you have to be to get away from a hungry lion....faster than the guy behind you" I joked to my brother after bloodletting that I would have left him to the walkers right away to make my escape rather than try to hiode out in the school and he brought up the point that Otis as an EMT had skills the group needed making him valuable to save Carl despite being slow.

Shane has shown all along he will save himself over others starting with Rick in the hospital when the army was execuiting everyone

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
        No, it was on regular AMC on Friday night (Saturday morning)
        The sunday broadcast is clean then they reair it later in the week with pop up liner notes for ala a dvd

Mike the first season is faster paced and worth the time to watch

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I think I would spend my days trying to figure out how to make a silencer.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Other than shooting Carl, Otis is quite a different character than his comic book counterpart.

Comic book Shane

You can see how Dead on Rick and Dale are.
            Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 2, '11, 6:05 PM.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Regarding Shane shaving his head, given how almost all the characters looked like they had walked out of the pages of the comic book, so I think it's kind of a neat Easter Egg that Shane now sports the crew cut of his comic book counterpart. The TV show has created a much more complex and tension filled character in Shane, seeing how he unwinds now rather than earlier.

Interesting to see them exploring certain roads of thought that were in Darabont's earlier work the movie The Mist (this episode was filmed prior to his departure as show runner). Particularly the climax and the fate of the boy in that movie kind of echoes Lori's despair. I'd highly recommend The Mist to those that enjoy The Walking Dead.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                Career Member
                • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                ... which means we'll probably have to wait for next season for Mchonne to show up.
                Saw some pics of Walking Dead (TV) action figures from some toy show that included Michonne, so I think she'll show up this season and at this season's end is when Rick & Co will find the prison.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                  Otis was a kind man who unfortunately shot the kid by accident (and felt very guilty about it).

He's a hero...he went out of his way to bring all the medical stuff back...knowing his girth would probably be his undoing.

He left loved ones behind...they are just as important as that kid...who has no one else to blame but himself (and the parents for agreeing)...for insisting on going on that trip.
                  LOL...Okay...LOL
                  He was going out of guilt that doesn't make him a hero.That makes him a remorseful human being hardly a hero.He went off with a complete stranger that also makes him stupid.He was alone in the bush hunting a deer with a loud,noisy gun with very limited ammo in an area with walkers,that also makes him stupid.He had to go I'm sorry.
                  Shane is an evil human being but he knows how to survive...LOL
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    LOL...Okay...LOL
                    He was going out of guilt that doesn't make him a hero.That makes him a remorseful human being hardly a hero.He went off with a complete stranger that also makes him stupid.He was alone in the bush hunting a deer with a loud,noisy gun with very limited ammo in an area with walkers,that also makes him stupid.He had to go I'm sorry.
                    Shane is an evil human being but he knows how to survive...LOL
                    No worries...I'm the complete opposite of Otis anyway...even if I had shot the kid by accident...no way I go and try to get the meds...it's about survival of the fittest for me...and damned the remorsefulness or the kid...

sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

No worries...I'm the complete opposite of Otis anyway...even if I had shot the kid by accident...no way I go and try to get the meds...it's about survival of the fittest for me...and damned the remorsefulness or the kid...

Nice to see you haven't absorbed any of that Son Of Jor-El ethical nonsense you've been subjected to!

@StrangeVisitor:

McFarlane is producing two lines of Walking Dead action figures that will be released at about the same time. One line will be based on the TV show, the other on the comics. The Michonne figure is from the line based on the comics.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                        Nice to see you haven't absorbed any of that Son Of Jor-El ethical nonsense you've been subjected to!
                        Well...I tried to be nice by saying Otis was a hero and everything...but it came crashing down on me...so I figure just go the opposite way...lol.
                        Last edited by Hector; Nov 3, '11, 1:04 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

Well...I tried to be nice by saying Otis was a hero and everything...but it came crashing down on me...so I figure just go the opposite way...lol.
                          Otis made a tragic mistake, and did everything he could to make it right. I think your assessment of the situation was spot on.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                            Otis made a tragic mistake, and did everything he could to make it right.
                            Actually he made two mistakes.The second was trusting a complete stranger with a loaded gun...He won't make that mistake ever again...
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I don't even think Otis made a mistake to begin with.

The kid was on the OTHER side of the deer than Otis ... There's no way Otis could have known anyone was there.

It was an accident, but not a mistake on Otis's part.

If anybody is to blame it was all the adults that let the kid come in the woods to begin with.

He should have remained on the road.
                              Last edited by Mikey; Nov 3, '11, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                                Formerly known as Del
                                • Dec 12, 2004

I was so angry with one of my friends for announcing what happened to Otis before I got to watch the episode. It was significantly different from the comics, so I would have preferred to be surprised by that.
                                Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                                https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                                http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎